View Full Version : first fight tommorrow

johnjamieson
06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
fighting tommorrow at 189 JO, against a gym who often has fighters fight out of shape. I have awesome jab so that first round I'm gonna work his body with myjab and just focus on gassing him really quickly. Any tips for that first fight? im nervous as ****

Actus Reus 21
06-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Relax is a big factor, do you have any proof of your nice jab or sparring? Im not hating on you, im just sick of all the people that come on here sounding like a million bucks and then show us a video of a half ass retard attempting to rick roll and punch the bag at the same time

P4PKING_2008
06-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Record it. Most likely you will go out and brawl with him or freeze up and not do ****.

dfwtx
06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
freeze up and not do ****.

That's a good summary of the first 2 rounds of my first fight haha. Be aggressive is my best advice.

P4PKING_2008
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
That's a good summary of the first 2 rounds of my first fight haha. Be aggressive is my best advice.

Yeah I was aggressive in mine. Best way really. Cos you are nervous as **** and you get rid of a load of adrenaline.

johnjamieson
06-27-2008, 04:22 PM
got a question. when i weigh in, do I exactly have to be 189? I ask because right now i weigh about 190.4 and I'm wondering if its necessary to be exactly 189 come tommorrow.

P4PKING_2008
06-27-2008, 04:28 PM
got a question. when i weigh in, do I exactly have to be 189? I ask because right now i weigh about 190.4 and I'm wondering if its necessary to be exactly 189 come tommorrow.

Both trainers will usually wave it off. But, to be sure just lose the weight.

johnjamieson
06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
thanks man. I'm def gonna record it and get some pics. im pumped

sterling
06-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Goo for it!

peewee1460
06-28-2008, 12:15 PM
relax stay focused and remember to breather

mr tricky
06-28-2008, 03:07 PM
first fights dont turn out as you expect,

i dont think shots to he body even count for the scoring system so there no poini jabbing him in th ebody, even to wear him down, its only short amount of rounds it wont matter you wont be able to wear him down with jabs to the body in a short amature fight,
its up to you thought, i dont know how good you are?

work on scoring points,

eays point scoring methods,

1) Jab to the top of the headgaud in forehead area, this is often left upretected and can give you evasy points.

2) double up on the jabs, if you mis the first one just watch where his goes and jab again, easy point or two scored.

3) feint constantly, feint jab and right hads often .

4) after youve thrown a combo and are about to pull apart as fighters usally do for a little move about in between shots thrown , dont, instead straight after the pucnhes have been thrown, stick two jabs on his head

sukhenkoy
06-28-2008, 03:45 PM

i dont think shots to he body even count for the scoring system so there no poini jabbing him in th ebody, even to wear him down, its only short amount of rounds it wont matter you wont be able to wear him down with jabs to the body in a short amature fight,

work on scoring points,

1) Jab to the top of the headgaud in forehead area, this is often left upretected and can give you evasy points.

2) double up on the jabs, if you mis the first one just watch where his goes and jab again, easy point or two scored.

4) after youve thrown a combo and are about to pull apart as fighters usally do for a little move about in between shots thrown , dont, instead straight after the pucnhes have been thrown, stick two jabs on his head
Good advice, but always easier said than done.

johnjamieson
06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I lost. I was working him real good with the jab and was def. winning and then I threw a right hand and ****ed something up in my tricep area and couldn't hold my right hand up. This led to me getting clobbered and a standing 8 count, and then I got stopped because of what happened to my arm. sucks but whatever. Ill upload it in a few.

dfwtx
06-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Aww that sucks. Did the doctor think it was a serious injury or just temporary?

!! Shawn
06-28-2008, 05:44 PM

work on scoring points,

Your intentions are well, but you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of a few key principles of boxing.

1) The jab to the body is not for scoring points. It is for controlling head movement. A feint to the head jab to the body combination worked consistently will virtually eliminate all head movement from your opponent. This allows you to use your jab effectively to score points, and set up other scoring blows.

2) Body shots hurt, and take away your opponents concentration. An opponent worrying about not puking is not thinking about not getting hit in the head.

If every punch you throw is intended to be a scoring blow, you will not go very far. Many punches need to be used to set up other punches. If you notice your opponent always slips right then dips under if you throw a 1-1-2 throw a light 1-1 to get his head moving, then bring up a right uppercut when he rolls under.

Another setup that is my personal favorite is 1-1-2 dig to the body.

The 1-1-2 is a light quick pitty pat combination to bring up the guard and keep their attention, then you lean over and dig a hard left hook the body.

Same thing with a body jab. If you notice they are slipping your 1-1-2, Do 1 upstair 1 to the body, 2 upstairs. The jab to the body will stop their head movement long enough for you to get in with your right hand.

johnjamieson
06-28-2008, 06:48 PM
temporary, he said I should just ice it and I'd be fine.

P4PKING_2008
06-28-2008, 06:50 PM
temporary, he said I should just ice it and I'd be fine.

Wheres the vid at bro.

Hard luck homes.

mr tricky
06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Your intentions are well, but you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of a few key principles of boxing.

1) The jab to the body is not for scoring points. It is for controlling head movement. A feint to the head jab to the body combination worked consistently will virtually eliminate all head movement from your opponent. This allows you to use your jab effectively to score points, and set up other scoring blows.

2) Body shots hurt, and take away your opponents concentration. An opponent worrying about not puking is not thinking about not getting hit in the head.

If every punch you throw is intended to be a scoring blow, you will not go very far. Many punches need to be used to set up other punches. If you notice your opponent always slips right then dips under if you throw a 1-1-2 throw a light 1-1 to get his head moving, then bring up a right uppercut when he rolls under.

Another setup that is my personal favorite is 1-1-2 dig to the body.

The 1-1-2 is a light quick pitty pat combination to bring up the guard and keep their attention, then you lean over and dig a hard left hook the body.

Same thing with a body jab. If you notice they are slipping your 1-1-2, Do 1 upstair 1 to the body, 2 upstairs. The jab to the body will stop their head movement long enough for you to get in with your right hand.

hw can you possibly talk all this **** when your sparing is phatectic

!! Shawn
06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
hw can you possibly talk all this **** when your sparing is phatectic

<embed src="http://www.livevideo.com/flvplayer/embed/4D192D7CE9604EFB9F6C3CB2AC525363" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" WIDTH="445" HEIGHT="369" wmode="transparent"></embed><br/><a href="http://www.livevideo.com/video/embedLink/4D192D7CE9604EFB9F6C3CB2AC525363/621345/me-on-the-bag-again.aspx">

And you give advice why?

aussieboxer2320
06-29-2008, 04:24 AM
he goes better than you dickhead

thegimmick
06-29-2008, 12:17 PM
is it amateur or pro?
good luck mate

johnjamieson
06-29-2008, 12:25 PM
how do you guys take videos from your video camera to your computer? I am using a usb cable and just can't figure it out. its in some video_ts form

!! Shawn
06-29-2008, 02:32 PM
how do you guys take videos from your video camera to your computer? I am using a usb cable and just can't figure it out. its in some video_ts form

I suggest you consult the google machine.