View Full Version : Powerbreathe

verbz
06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
any1 ever used one of these?? its meant to mimmick the effects of training at altitude making it harder to breathe. certain ppl breathe through a straw to get the same effect. i was thinkin of gettin 1 wot u think?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0104432/Trail/searchtext>POWERBREATHE.htm

Trrmo
06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Dont need to mate. I live in Quito which is 2800 meters or 9000ft, the gym is a bit higher at 2850m and probably has the best views of any gym. The Cuban Olympic boxing team is here to train at my gym so altitude training may be beneficial. I dont notice any real difference because I have lived here three years. But some visitors have problems breathing, get bad headaches etc when they arrive.

Landon S
06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Dont need to mate. I live in Quito which is 2800 meters or 9000ft, the gym is a bit higher at 2850m and probably has the best views of any gym. The Cuban Olympic boxing team is here to train at my gym so altitude training may be beneficial. I dont notice any real difference because I have lived here three years. But some visitors have problems breathing, get bad headaches etc when they arrive.

lucky bugger, I wish I lived someplace like that. instead of this flat plains hellhole.

dfwtx
06-26-2008, 10:56 PM

Wow that's awesome, are you fluent in spanish or do a decent amount of people speak english there? I'm going to Costa Rica and Panama when i graduate, it would be badass to go to peru, ecuador, and some other countries around there.

Sorry that was a bit off topic, yes i know specifically that high elevation cardio is much more helpful, for example lots of Mexican fighters base their camps in the mountains for the extra boost, I dont know much about the product however but aslong as it's legal and has been checked out by your countries medical reviews and all I think it should be fine. I would, however, look into seeing if any nearby stores have it so that you could ask the employees some questions.

Trrmo
06-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow that's awesome, are you fluent in spanish or do a decent amount of people speak english there? I'm going to Costa Rica and Panama when i graduate, it would be badass to go to peru, ecuador, and some other countries around there.

I Speak Spanish but I wouldnt say I am totally fluent yet, you can get away with nearly no Spanish travelling throught Sth America but it can be frustrating

dfwtx
06-27-2008, 12:13 PM
I Speak Spanish but I wouldnt say I am totally fluent yet, you can get away with nearly no Spanish travelling throught Sth America but it can be frustrating

Yeah i've had 3 years spanish in school i think it should be enough to get around, i've heard they use the U.S. dollar down there, that's awesome. Are the values of most stuff similar or way cheaper?

Trrmo
06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah i've had 3 years spanish in school i think it should be enough to get around, i've heard they use the U.S. dollar down there, that's awesome. Are the values of most stuff similar or way cheaper?

You should be fine then, yeah we use US dollar, most stuff is cheap, three course lunch from around $1.50 - soup, juice, main plate usually chicken with rice. Bus fare .25cents, hostel or hotel accom from about $5 a night. Imported stuff, telephone, or things like Mcdonalds are more expensive than in places like Australia for eg. Lots of poverty average worker probably gets $8-10 a day if their lucky. Big gap between the rich and poor but Ecuador has a good government now trying to do something about the inequality althought the rich and the corrupt and international corporate media are trying to undermine them with bull**** propaganda.

Ricaldr
06-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Go low tech.

You can mimick that effect by starting with a top only mouth peice then a top and bottom mouth piece then a 6 dollar air particle filter. The particle filters strap around your head, there super light weight and you get 5 for 6 bucks USD. With the 5 you get you can polk a dozen pen size holes in one then 8 in another then 5 in another then 3 in another then keep one stock and use that as progressive over load.
Ricaldr