View Full Version : Newbies posting vids about how great they are

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 02:25 AM
It is getting annoying. Too many threads mainly by gringoes about how good they are when they are clearly begninning and in some cases, still in the kitchen and garage. Not taking mick people, but you need to join an affiliated boxing club and learn how to box! Then comeback with your vids and you won't look silly. Boxing is not about prancing around with bits of equipment labelled Lonsdale or Everlast. It is about having actual fights and going for bouts. Please make sure this is your primary goal, and not trying to get some kudos on a forum or attention to make yourself feel less insecure. Not just talking about shawn there.

Found a video from the limey lounge of some guys cousin boxing. Go there and check it out. that is a real amateur contest. If you haven't had one of them then please don't make yourself look like a right tit, and go on about your potential. If you're not getting coached properly and corss your feet, throw slap then forget posting that ****e too. Here are some guidlines for the basics below. Please newbies, do not take ti wrong way and try to heed some advice from a wise Spaniard!

1. Punch in a straight line and learn how to do it, before going on about skills. Newbies always want to learn some fancy moves first but it is more important to master basics first.

2. Get into good condition first. A pre-requisite of a good boxer. If you look **** on bags/pads/sparring and get slated in these forums this is probably one of the causes. Seems a bit obvious, but seen some right bums who have obviously put no effort in. It is very unlikely shawn and hinduw run 5 times a week when they need to. That is why they have no energy.

3. Do 1000 press ups a day on your knuckles. 1000 sit ups/crunches/leg raises too.

4. Build up running to five miles per day and add some stairs/sprints too.

5. Listen to criticism or the parts where I made an example of you above and do not take it to heart ormake it into a personal thing.

6. Do not take give up, and get some bouts.

7. Takecare and Goodbye.

adidasteve
06-24-2008, 02:54 AM
****ing Amazing Thread Amen To U

Towelie
06-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Gringos? was that a joke?

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Gringos? was that a joke?
Go look through all the threads and tell me where the joke is. Looks like Bill Gates Junior meets Fight Night Round 3. That Stallone has a lot to answer for, I tell thee. The only decent vids I have seen today was that short fat little Cuban trying to learn properly, some am's sparring, and the bout from Italy. I'm only being nice to these guys I swear. Shawn and hinduw should try being more realistic, and emulate Gatti or Fatton's style rather than Naz or Roy Jones.

Sweet Peacock
06-24-2008, 04:02 AM
If they want to post video's then let them post them. This is a friendly website where beginers can get advice and show them the progess that they are making, and maybe even laugh over a few things. Its takes confidence for them to even post those video's so unless you are making video's as well, then you have no idea what its like. If was just starting out in boxing, then i sure would want people world wide to give me advice and post video's to gain some confidence. I hope I'm not coming off as being offensive, but let them have their fun.

Sweet

PunchDrunk
06-24-2008, 04:46 AM
If they want to post video's then let them post them. This is a friendly website where beginers can get advice and show them the progess that they are making, and maybe even laugh over a few things. Its takes confidence for them to even post those video's so unless you are making video's as well, then you have no idea what its like. If was just starting out in boxing, then i sure would want people world wide to give me advice and post video's to gain some confidence. I hope I'm not coming off as being offensive, but let them have their fun.

Sweet

I agree with what you're saying in theory, but in practice you have to read the stuff these guys say to go along with their newbie video's. Shawn, while clearly a beginner, is posting "instructional video's." The kid's never even had a fight, and he's coming off as a teacher of boxing. That is just ****ed up, because a lot of the other beginners don't seem to realize this.

aussieboxer2320
06-24-2008, 05:20 AM
I agree with what you're saying in theory, but in practice you have to read the stuff these guys say to go along with their newbie video's. Shawn, while clearly a beginner, is posting "instructional video's." The kid's never even had a fight, and he's coming off as a teacher of boxing. That is just ****ed up, because a lot of the other beginners don't seem to realize this.

hasnt shawn even had a single fight???? i thought he'd at least had a couple......that just makes his vids more ridiculous

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 05:40 AM

You been reading my mind? Exactly what I was trying to say. These pseudo experts will mislead others as well as themnselves. Also, it doesn't take balls to post videos for attention. The born in 90's generation have made it into a general pastime. Discretion and humility means nothing for them and I seen them post their lives on the net in MyArse and Arsebook.

It is a formailty for them and they do not know how to shun publicity and be the silent assassin. Look at me, I won the Champions League but still sat down for the pens whereas motormouth Maureen was jumping around like a prick. Needless to say, he got owned for the third semi final in a row!

Salty
06-24-2008, 06:07 AM
I amen to the thread, but not your training suggestions.

Genman1988
06-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Look at me, I won the Champions League but still sat down for the pens whereas motormouth Maureen was jumping around like a prick.

Do you have a personality disorder or are you telling us that you are the 'Real Raffa' ?

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Do you have a personality disorder or are you telling us that you are the 'Real Raffa' ?
Do I have to point out when I'm having a laugh? LOL. If I was then I would have a doctorate for applying scientific mkethods to training, in which case that would have to be mentioned here!

Salty, have you ever trained with pro's? That is the basics of what you need to do to make it.

P4PKING_2008
06-24-2008, 06:48 AM
I like them posting vids. It keeps ya going to see how fat you have progressed when you see a total beginner hitting th bag.

Salty
06-24-2008, 06:50 AM
No I guess I haven't trained with anyone who want to waste vast amounts of time on pointless volumes of exercises when there are much more efficient ways of coniditioning.

TheTruthIs
06-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Do I have to point out when I'm having a laugh? LOL. If I was then I would have a doctorate for applying scientific mkethods to training, in which case that would have to be mentioned here!

Salty, have you ever trained with pro's? That is the basics of what you need to do to make it.

Why would anyone want to do 1000 push ups a day on their knuckles and run 5 miles every day? Me thinks you've watched one too many Rocky movies or something.

Please when making a thread mocking people, try to not accidentally put yourself in that mock pot.

Plus I think the vids are awesome! Not for instruction or anything, but it is why I come here. For them and their reactions. It's disappointing to see a good spar or fight almost at times. If I hit one my reaction is generally..."Aw fook! Oh well, there's probably a bagwork or dude flexing down a bit further!"

danny stash
06-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Good thread; dont like the gringoes reference.

!! Shawn
06-24-2008, 10:18 AM
hasnt shawn even had a single fight???? i thought he'd at least had a couple......that just makes his vids more ridiculous

I have had more than a couple fights, punchdrunk just likes to talk out of his ass. He has some sick fetish with me. I don't know why.

remorseless08
06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
I totaly agree with this thread, it annoys me when i see retards with no skill putting footage of themselves on the forum. They have trainers dont they, why do they ask us for advice on there skill. I just dont understand it.
and.........
whats even worse is people so into themselves thinking they have huge potential in the fight game, when they have obviously never been to a gym, never sparred, dont know how hard the training is to be a boxer. I personally find it disrespectful to the people who do fight.These people who think they have potential think its an easy sport and they can just turn pro and make money. Makes me farken sick....

Actus Reus 21
06-24-2008, 10:37 AM
hey rafael, I wasnt trying to act hard when I posted my video I was just posting it to get some pointers or advice. If Im one of the people your talking about, I never talked about how GREAT I AM. Im never like that.

J_CON
06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
It is getting annoying. Too many threads mainly by gringoes about how good they are when they are clearly begninning and in some cases, still in the kitchen and garage. Not taking mick people, but you need to join an affiliated boxing club and learn how to box! Then comeback with your vids and you won't look silly. Boxing is not about prancing around with bits of equipment labelled Lonsdale or Everlast. It is about having actual fights and going for bouts. Please make sure this is your primary goal, and not trying to get some kudos on a forum or attention to make yourself feel less insecure. Not just talking about shawn there.

Found a video from the limey lounge of some guys cousin boxing. Go there and check it out. that is a real amateur contest. If you haven't had one of them then please don't make yourself look like a right tit, and go on about your potential. If you're not getting coached properly and corss your feet, throw slap then forget posting that ****e too. Here are some guidlines for the basics below. Please newbies, do not take ti wrong way and try to heed some advice from a wise Spaniard!

1. Punch in a straight line and learn how to do it, before going on about skills. Newbies always want to learn some fancy moves first but it is more important to master basics first.

2. Get into good condition first. A pre-requisite of a good boxer. If you look **** on bags/pads/sparring and get slated in these forums this is probably one of the causes. Seems a bit obvious, but seen some right bums who have obviously put no effort in. It is very unlikely shawn and hinduw run 5 times a week when they need to. That is why they have no energy.

3. Do 1000 press ups a day on your knuckles. 1000 sit ups/crunches/leg raises too.

4. Build up running to five miles per day and add some stairs/sprints too.

5. Listen to criticism or the parts where I made an example of you above and do not take it to heart ormake it into a personal thing.

6. Do not take give up, and get some bouts.

7. Takecare and Goodbye.
Lets see some of your videos. Im sure you know absolutely nothing about boxing.

nedcmk1
06-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Not for nothing but....

doing 1000 press-ups a day, 1000 crunches a day, running 5 miles 5 days a week, adding sprints and stairs to that and then boxing training....

Thats a quick recipe for overtraining, joint destruction and general burnout.

You were going great until you posted workout routines you yourself do not follow.

P4PKING_2008
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Threadstarter knows **** all about boxing clearly.

Karlos1991
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I think it is ok for someone to post a video just asking for advice etc unless they are ****y as you say and already think they know it all. I think people should encourage beginners to post videos asking for tips and advice on how to improve.

T-97
06-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I think it is ok for someone to post a video just asking for advice etc unless they are ****y as you say and already think they know it all. I think people should encourage beginners to post videos asking for tips and advice on how to improve.

Of course there is NO problem with that. What he means is when new guys post vids saying they fight with their hands down cause they are the second coming of Roy Jones Jr. That's when the problem starts. If the video is posted to get help and improove people will be inclined to help.

Karlos1991
06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Oright yes fair enough, like shawn?

Rafael Benitez
07-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Not for nothing but....

doing 1000 press-ups a day, 1000 crunches a day, running 5 miles 5 days a week, adding sprints and stairs to that and then boxing training....

Thats a quick recipe for overtraining, joint destruction and general burnout.

You were going great until you posted workout routines you yourself do not follow.

Hahahaha. Some people do make me laugh. The Rocky comment was funny too. Some pro's do alot more than that. It is impossible to burnout on a standard workout if you build up to it at a sensible pace.

I been on holiday and comeback and my stance is still the same. Too many attention seeking jokers from the myspace generation. Some of the silly comments and confrontational manner of the posts make me laugh. Not interested. People should try to be more pragmatic. As for posting my own vids, I could be a show off but all I'm really bothered about is how my name will look on boxrec.com. Y'all should do the same.

YNWA.

machotime
07-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Hahahaha. Some people do make me laugh. The Rocky comment was funny too. Some pro's do alot more than that. It is impossible to burnout on a standard workout if you build up to it at a sensible pace.

I been on holiday and comeback and my stance is still the same. Too many attention seeking jokers from the myspace generation. Some of the silly comments and confrontational manner of the posts make me laugh. Not interested. People should try to be more pragmatic. As for posting my own vids, I could be a show off but all I'm really bothered about is how my name will look on boxrec.com. Y'all should do the same.

YNWA.

There are many other excersizes that should be included in the regimen besides running push ups and stairs and Im sure you know that.

Starting out with 1000 push ups/5 miles a day, is not a start....

Where do you find time to do 1000 push ups, 5 miles and stair routines 5 days out of the week?? What about bag work, mitts, roping, lunges, sparring etc... your talking about a 6 hour workout here.:bs2:

Rafael Benitez
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
There are many other excersizes that should be included in the regimen besides running push ups and stairs and Im sure you know that.

Starting out with 1000 push ups/5 miles a day, is not a start....

Where do you find time to do 1000 push ups, 5 miles and stair routines 5 days out of the week?? What about bag work, mitts, roping, lunges, sparring etc... your talking about a 6 hour workout here.:bs2:
I never said anything about stairs or just doing that. It is more like 2 hours a day. The boxing in the first hour and then skipping and fitness in the second hour. Run at dawn. It is not practical for people who are not self employed or who do not have an easy job on their own timetable but they can at least do half. Depends how far you want to go really. If you really want to go to the top though, I think you will find very few top pro's who can't do a 1000 press ups and 1200 on stomach without major problems. If it seems daunting to you, then you ain't fit enough to fight.

Get that boxing workout book which has all the top fighters in. Analyse that. Trust me, you need to do alot of fitness work as well as alot of gym work too.

machotime
07-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I never said anything about stairs or just doing that. It is more like 2 hours a day. The boxing in the first hour and then skipping and fitness in the second hour. Run at dawn. It is not practical for people who are not self employed or who do not have an easy job on their own timetable but they can at least do half. Depends how far you want to go really. If you really want to go to the top though, I think you will find very few top pro's who can't do a 1000 press ups and 1200 on stomach without major problems. If it seems daunting to you, then you ain't fit enough to fight.

Get that boxing workout book which has all the top fighters in. Analyse that. Trust me, you need to do alot of fitness work as well as alot of gym work too.

I have several relatives whom are professional boxers (you might have heard of them) and I know what they do vs. what they work themselves up to before a fight.... I have quite a few amatuer fights myself and have been training for about 7 years. I have never routinely done 1000 push ups and 1200 situps per work-out nor do I think it is the most effective way to spend your gym time.

Honest question: Are you saying that it is feasible to do 1000 push ups and 1200 situps in 1 hour right after hitting the bag, mitts, lunges, shadow boxing etc for an hour??

One must remember that muscle recovery is just as important as the work out itself.

Rafael Benitez
07-14-2008, 04:09 AM
I have several relatives whom are professional boxers (you might have heard of them) and I know what they do vs. what they work themselves up to before a fight.... I have quite a few amatuer fights myself and have been training for about 7 years. I have never routinely done 1000 push ups and 1200 situps per work-out nor do I think it is the most effective way to spend your gym time.

Honest question: Are you saying that it is feasible to do 1000 push ups and 1200 situps in 1 hour right after hitting the bag, mitts, lunges, shadow boxing etc for an hour??

One must remember that muscle recovery is just as important as the work out itself.Feasible? It's more than feasible and some idiots do more. Occasionally they get burned out. Like everything else in fitness you build up to it. You may know this, but others seem to think I am saying they should be doing it from tomorrow. Where have I said this? It took me a year to build up to it and I think it has helped my conditioning a huge deal. At first I did the huge quantity qorkout on alternate days. After a few months I did it everyday. Nowadays it is routine and if I stop, I find myself unable to keep up with pro's.

Like every other fitness rotuine, you cutback after very intense sparring. Sorry for not mentiongn this before, I assumed it was obvious but now realise not everyone may have seen pro's train. In pro gyms you would bang this out on days when you do not do heavy sparring, ie. most days.

Even alot of am's who only come up for sparing now an then can do alot of press ups. Alot of them have hard day jobs (not a good idea for aspiring champs) but still bang out 500 per day standard. 500 should be easy.