View Full Version : VIDEO: Bag Work

!! Shawn
06-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Recorded last Tuesday. Interestingly enough, I re-injured my left hand at the 1 min mark.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNb2lwWvzMk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNb2lwWvzMk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

hinduw
06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
nice keep up the good work

J_CON
06-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Not bad. Make sure you turn your hips and foot more with the hook. You should also step first with the foot closer to which way you want to go. Also, it's not good to take those little steps that take more energy than one bigger step. Keep your hands a little higher too.

!! Shawn
06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Not bad. Make sure you turn your hips and foot more with the hook. You should also step first with the foot closer to which way you want to go. Also, it's not good to take those little steps that take more energy than one bigger step. Keep your hands a little higher too.

You don't turn your foot with a hook to the body.

J_CON
06-23-2008, 09:27 PM
You don't turn your foot with a hook to the body.
Yes you do.

J_CON
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
You are the first person I have ever heard say that. Here is title's explination for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkJszFMxUA&feature=related

Smokin'J
06-23-2008, 09:37 PM
You are the first person I have ever heard say that. Here is title's explination for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkJszFMxUA&feature=related

**** me, and I was gonna make a thread hwo to make a smooth left hook,
respect man its not meant for me but thanks anyway. =p

J_CON
06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
**** me, and I was gonna make a thread hwo to make a smooth left hook,
respect man its not meant for me but thanks anyway. =p
no problem bro

!! Shawn
06-23-2008, 09:39 PM

That made me chuckle. He calls that a hook? He jumps over into a south paw stance and throws a strait left to the body.

However, I mis-stated myself, you don't turn your foot on the type of hook I was throwing.

85% of my weight is on my front foot. If you watch, you can see how I get the power from my leg.

Most of those body hooks I threw were absolutely devastating.

Smokin'J
06-23-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07E4ps4mkXw&feature=related
?

J_CON
06-23-2008, 09:42 PM
That made me chuckle. He calls that a hook? He jumps over into a south paw stance and throws a strait left to the body.

However, I mis-stated myself, you don't turn your foot on the type of hook I was throwing.

85% of my weight is on my front foot. If you watch, you can see how I get the power from my leg.

O I see what kind of hooks those are. They are the aaa....Slapy hooks?

T-97
06-23-2008, 09:44 PM

That made me laugh for some reason :lol1: Just the randomness of it.

!! Shawn
06-23-2008, 09:50 PM
O I see what kind of hooks those are. They are the aaa....Slapy hooks?

No, they are the best hook in all of boxing, the hybrid uppercut hook. You might recognize it, Ricky Hatton knocked out Castillo with one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_A-hmw4b18&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_A-hmw4b18&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you really think those are slapping hooks, you are more than welcome to stand in place of the bag.

d_lyrik803
06-23-2008, 10:48 PM
imo the hook's power comes from rotation, that includes the rotation of your left foot (left hook orthodox). shifting weights from a finished cross to a hook with good pivot and good posture always gave me good results.

peewee1460
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
i've found my hooks to be far more "devastating" with proper rotation with both the foot and hip.

Rafael Benitez
06-23-2008, 11:46 PM

Most of those body hooks I threw were absolutely devastating.:ugh: What power? Not being funny son but you are absolutely ****e. Between flurries you corss your legs and that type of hook may require planted feet but you got no hip into it. You're as slow as a tortoise. I'm 175 prime but even when i was 200plus during injury I could flick a jab faster than that. From your antagonositic posts to people around here, I take it you bask in the glory of being the forum tit. Seriously mate, it won't get you anywhere. You need to get serious about your boxing or quit.

Maybe it is your scrawny legs. I take it you didn't grow up playing men sports like footy or cricket, but played girly rounders and netball instead? Maybe 'soccer' whatever the hell that is. I suggest you do some serious roadwork, burpees, squat thrusts, because that was woeful. Also, try hitting the same spot with your combos to improve timing.

I'm not taking the mick fella, you really do need to get your act together or leave the sport. Unlike the MLS, not every sport is easy in USA. You'll get sparked out son crossing your legs and tyrying to pity patter like that. Switch-hitting is dumb too unless you are ambidextrous like Naz. Trust me fella you ain't no Naz.

!! Shawn
06-24-2008, 12:20 AM
:ugh: What power? Not being funny son but you are absolutely ****e. Between flurries you corss your legs and that type of hook may require planted feet but you got no hip into it. You're as slow as a tortoise. I'm 175 prime but even when i was 200plus during injury I could flick a jab faster than that. From your antagonositic posts to people around here, I take it you bask in the glory of being the forum tit. Seriously mate, it won't get you anywhere. You need to get serious about your boxing or quit.

Maybe it is your scrawny legs. I take it you didn't grow up playing men sports like footy or cricket, but played girly rounders and netball instead? Maybe 'soccer' whatever the hell that is. I suggest you do some serious roadwork, burpees, squat thrusts, because that was woeful. Also, try hitting the same spot with your combos to improve timing.

I'm not taking the mick fella, you really do need to get your act together or leave the sport. Unlike the MLS, not every sport is easy in USA. You'll get sparked out son crossing your legs and tyrying to pity patter like that. Switch-hitting is dumb too unless you are ambidextrous like Naz. Trust me fella you ain't no Naz.

Well... I can write with both hands... at the same time. Own a left and right handed guitar, have a left handed wedge in my golf bag of right handed clubs. Kick a ball with my left foot, throw with either hand...

Thanks for noticing that I am skinny, big help there, I am a 5'10 1/2 140lb fighter, what the **** did you expect?

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Well... I can write with both hands... at the same time. Own a left and right handed guitar, have a left handed wedge in my golf bag of right handed clubs. Kick a ball with my left foot, throw with either hand...

Thanks for noticing that I am skinny, big help there, I am a 5'10 1/2 140lb fighter, what the **** did you expect?

It isn't just that, you seem to have no strength, especially in your legs when you move around. I'm not taking the piss (I know you enjoy being mocked) but you are far from the finished product. How many bouts have you had? If it is zero as I suspect, then get some and maybe that will make you train properly and post some proper vids up. At the moment you look like a bum. No offence fella, it is the truth.

!! Shawn
06-24-2008, 12:57 AM
It isn't just that, you seem to have no strength, especially in your legs when you move around. I'm not taking the piss (I know you enjoy being mocked) but you are far from the finished product. How many bouts have you had? If it is zero as I suspect, then get some and maybe that will make you train properly and post some proper vids up. At the moment you look like a bum. No offence fella, it is the truth.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQm3iESNE_o&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQm3iESNE_o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Surprisingly, broken toes effect your mobility! GASP!

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Surprisingly, broken toes effect your mobility! GASP!
How does that affect your tortoise hands? Stop looking for excuses. I had ligament and cartilidge damage so bad I was on crutches when a bum tried to get revenge. I still off loaded ten fast jabs in the blink of an eye and bust him up. Seriously dude you need to stop chatting **** like all Rednecks do and answer the question. If it is ZERO, then I suggest you get some bouts as a reality check. You'll probably train properly then.

!! Shawn
06-24-2008, 01:06 AM
How does that affect your tortoise hands? Stop looking for excuses. I had ligament and cartilidge damage so bad I was on crutches when a bum tried to get revenge. I still off loaded ten fast jabs in the blink of an eye and bust him up. Seriously dude you need to stop chatting **** like all Rednecks do and answer the question. If it is ZERO, then I suggest you get some bouts as a reality check. You'll probably train properly then.

Ive never really seen the use of the ignore function, but now I do. Its so I don't have to bother with soccer hooligans that are bitter they lost the war.

Dan...
06-24-2008, 01:06 AM

****'n hell man he looks ok to me. We can't all be ****'n superheroes like yourself.

BTW, Liverpool ****n suck and Rafa is a tool

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 01:14 AM
****'n hell man he looks ok to me. We can't all be ****'n superheroes like yourself.

BTW, Liverpool ****n suck and Rafa is a tool

That's why we've won everything and he has acheived the most in compared to others in same time frame? LFC are best team ever and had to be banned in the 80's after Heysel for winning too many of them<------.

Anyway, I wasn't taking the piss mate. I know you got issues but having a bout will make you into a BOXER and not just someone who trains. That is a fact, take the advice or leave it. Not a gringo so didn't lose any wars and don't give a **** about the freemason tea party either. Hooliganism is for real men. None of that fanny drive-by **** for people who can't even spar. Over and out!

Dick-Sucker
06-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Recorded last Tuesday. Interestingly enough, I re-injured my left hand at the 1 min mark.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNb2lwWvzMk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNb2lwWvzMk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

You remind me of Stipe Drews.

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 06:58 AM
You remind me of Stipe Drews.Who's he when he is at home? Lol. He isn't even that well versed in the basics but he is as clumsy as him. I think people should stop ripping him into shreds even though he is a mupp. The punk ass homo white boy just needs to get real and get training properly and think more about emulating Gatti than Jones. That is more pragmatic!