View Full Version : White Euro Ropes Standard?

Moon
06-23-2008, 06:23 PM
I see the top ring rope in the Abraham-Miranda II bout was white an snow.

Most German-based fights have all white ropes and corner pads.

I prefer the typical North American blue or red, simply because I find the white distracting if you're watching the fight at home or in the seats.

Any one else?

ИATAS
06-23-2008, 07:01 PM
For some reason that **** irritates me too. Especially if the canvas is white as well.

Moon
06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
For some reason that **** irritates me too. Especially if the canvas is white as well.

I think it just looks plain weird. The fighters look like they're in a cage.

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Never paid attention to it. I was watching the boxing. Fighters are more focused, and tend to be able to block out bull**** that gives other people OCD.

Genman1988
06-24-2008, 06:04 AM
i like the white.. if its a bloodfest then it really exaggerates the excitement :) Kind of gives contrast to the whole picture.. it looks sharper and clearer on tv.

Froch You
06-25-2008, 07:03 AM
i like the white.. if its a bloodfest then it really exaggerates the excitement :) Kind of gives contrast to the whole picture.. it looks sharper and clearer on tv.I agree. I also liked the black canvas used in the Adamek-vs-Bell match.

Clegg
06-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Never cared much about rope colour, but for some reason I dislike white golves. It just looks as if the punch isn't as hard for some weird reason.

Moon
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Never cared much about rope colour, but for some reason I dislike white golves. It just looks as if the punch isn't as hard for some weird reason.

I think glove colour should have been Standardized a long time ago.