View Full Version : Harrison v Kebede

stu
10-31-2004, 07:46 AM
Just wondering if anybody saw this fight, and if so what their opinions were.

The only possible reason I can see for Kebede looking so dreadful is that Harrison appeared to catch him right at the start with a punch (more of a slap actually) to the back of the head. I thought this must have caught him in just the right place to almost knock him out.

barryboy
10-31-2004, 08:38 AM
They didn't even look like full blooded shots just clips but they turned they guys legs to jelly, I feel sorry for anyone who shelled out over 100 for a ringside seat but they should have known better, I thought 3 or 4 rounds and the guy would have been out of there but it's obvious now that if the guy in the opposite corner to Harrison isn't world class then he'll roll over them so even though the Chi fight looks uncertain for now, hopefully they can make that fight happen and without any Scottish bias I think he could beat Chi :cool:

JOM'S
10-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Stu, I did not saw the fight and I never saw Scott fight yet, but if anyone can share clips (highlights or just a KO Round) of Scott and can share it with us here at the photo section, or I could trade some of Pacs fights...

I love to see how Scott fights and being a possible future opponent for Pac Man its good to do our homework...

AJ53
10-31-2004, 08:49 AM
the fight was a joke!!
even scott looked embarrased by the quality of opponent.

J !
11-01-2004, 08:29 AM
the fight was a joke!!
even scott looked embarrased by the quality of opponent.

correct its bo0llox liek this that does the sp[ort no favours, thats a couple in 6 months in Scotland now after Alex Arthur blasted out Kizza in one round as well. Both were main events. :eek:

not good for the sport at all, these f*ckers are killing the game in the UK.

JOM'S
11-01-2004, 10:01 AM
so the fight is a joke, scott should start looking for better opposition to be taken seriously....

Scott should either hook a fight with Pac or othe top tier fighters to gain recognition or look for Injin as his first step to unify the belts....

J !
11-01-2004, 10:11 AM
not really scotts fault buddy, WBO ranked number 5 should be able to put up a better show than that. :eek: I also dont trust the morals of some of the companies involved. But less said, dont wanna get sued.

chi is being talked off maybe in korea / asia.

believe it when i see it.

JOM'S
11-01-2004, 10:22 AM
its true its not Scott's fault and your right JPW, better to believe it when you see it (Scott-Injin), we Pacfans got burned already several times this year waiting for Pac's fight with either of the 3Ms instead we get 3K (not the big one)...

If Scott-Injin fight ever happens, I see it as an eliminator to face the winner of Pac-JMM II, but for now its still wishfull thinking, to hope to see all the top guys in the featherweight face and fight each other so that a featherweight undisputed champion will be crown..

J !
11-01-2004, 10:27 AM
yeah be nice mate wouldnt it, ideally this is how all the belts should be, its the top fighters not fighting each other thats kiling the sport at times.

its like "****" a superfight, a unificaton, these should be the norm in a division not the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!

See the light welters for example...so many talented fighters only just starting to face off.

hopefully this can happen, i think that Scotts promoters have just cashed in their chips cos the Scots public wont show up for another non name so who knows perhaps in an ironic way this might help the process?

we can but hope.

JOM'S
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
right JPW we can only hope, ( I really want to see these guys fight each other, I also love to see how Pac will handle a big Feather like Scott).....

J !
11-01-2004, 11:04 AM
i think pac handles scott just fine if Im honest but you never know ;)

i think pacman should keep away from morales though,

JOM'S
11-01-2004, 12:36 PM
i think pac handles scott just fine if Im honest but you never know ;)

i think pacman should keep away from morales though,

for us Pac Fans, staying away from Morales is not feasible, for now its everything, its the affirmation of pacs greatness if ever he defeats Erik (that all of us pac fans believe is a strong possiblity), and the fight will bring on the money, plus the fact that a loss to EM at 130 is not that bad, Pac can always go back at 126....

markosg19
11-01-2004, 02:05 PM
this fight was so rubbish! between a Ok level domestic fighter and a bum. what a farce!

AJ53
11-01-2004, 03:37 PM
this fight was so rubbish! between a Ok level domestic fighter and a bum. what a farce!

i think harrison is above domestic level, he is a world champion(albeit only wbo) and has fought ex champions.
i'm not saying he could beat the best in the division but nobody in britain could live with him except possibly micheal brodie
and he's a world class fighter.
but i agree that the fight was rubbish!!!!!

J !
11-02-2004, 08:02 AM
for us Pac Fans, staying away from Morales is not feasible, for now its everything, its the affirmation of pacs greatness if ever he defeats Erik (that all of us pac fans believe is a strong possiblity), and the fight will bring on the money, plus the fact that a loss to EM at 130 is not that bad, Pac can always go back at 126....

indeedd i agree it is the holy grail.........think he should finish his business with Marquez though as this will only detract fomr his legacty if it rumbles on too long.

how good is the featherweight div huh...that and the light welters are just talent abound.

markosg19
11-02-2004, 09:04 AM
naz would have knocked out harrsion inside of 3 rounds and brodie in 1

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
indeedd i agree it is the holy grail.........think he should finish his business with Marquez though as this will only detract fomr his legacty if it rumbles on too long.

how good is the featherweight div huh...that and the light welters are just talent abound.

I agree with you on this, JPW, but a lot of Fans and also Pacs handlers wants to catch EM before he jumps to light weight, so we really don't know what fight is in store for Pac early next year, JMM or EM....

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 09:49 AM
naz would have knocked out harrsion inside of 3 rounds and brodie in 1

I strongly doubt this, I know Naz is a heavy puncher and I have no comment with Brodie but Scott is another story, big for a featherweight and tough as nails....

J !
11-02-2004, 09:57 AM
I strongly doubt this, I know Naz is a heavy puncher and I have no comment with Brodie but Scott is another story, big for a featherweight and tough as nails....

correct. the claim is based on nothing.
aside from anything else naz couldnt fight at middleweight at present let alone get to feather :D

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 10:07 AM
correct. the claim is based on nothing.
aside from anything else naz couldnt fight at middleweight at present let alone get to feather :D

So the Prince really is that big, if he had stayed in shape, he would not have any problems looking for big fights and could still command a lot of moolah....

J !
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
well to be fair two arguemnts,
one is he got his millions, lovely family, didnt need ti anymore

the other is he should backe dup that incessant filith that used to spew from his mouth about him being a "great champ", his words no one elses and come back to avenge his defeat.

Fact is he never was the same fighter once he left Ingle.

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 10:42 AM
well to be fair two arguemnts,
one is he got his millions, lovely family, didnt need ti anymore

the other is he should backe dup that incessant filith that used to spew from his mouth about him being a "great champ", his words no one elses and come back to avenge his defeat.

Fact is he never was the same fighter once he left Ingle.

If ever he wants to avenge his defeat, the Prince should act now, coz time is not on anyone's side...

he should also consider that after the coming war with EM, MAB is ripe for the picking....

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 10:44 AM
but if he does not feel any need for vengence, then so be it, his rich with a beautiful family, what could you ask for more...

J !
11-02-2004, 10:58 AM
it wont happen mate, lots of rumours sprea about once every 6 months about his eturn, every time I hear anything I cross referecne it with his ex promoter, who says its all bollox, he thinks Naz will not be seen in a ring again.

there you go, so if anyone reckons they know different you know what to tell em. ;)

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
it wont happen mate, lots of rumours sprea about once every 6 months about his eturn, every time I hear anything I cross referecne it with his ex promoter, who says its all bollox, he thinks Naz will not be seen in a ring again.

there you go, so if anyone reckons they know different you know what to tell em. ;)

Thanks a lot, for the info :) ...

J !
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
always a pleasure mate......... :)

muay
11-03-2004, 03:19 AM
I'll expect a Harrison-Chi late next year though. That's a guaranteed slugfest.

J !
11-03-2004, 10:54 AM

F*CK YEAH!!!!! potentionally great fight.

AJ53
11-03-2004, 06:33 PM
it would be a great fight but i just dont see chi as champion coming to scotland to defend, and i don't think frank warren would have the fight anywhere else.

J !
11-04-2004, 07:57 AM
why not chi fought in manchester?
harison has touted he will travel...dont see a problem.

mr. bojangles
11-04-2004, 07:49 PM
it would be a great fight but i just dont see chi as champion coming to scotland to defend, and i don't think frank warren would have the fight anywhere else.

Chi's team is even willing to fight Pacquiao in Manila! As long as he receives "not a cent less" than Pac's...fair enough. So it boils down to $$$, money makes the boxing world go around.

As for Warren, that's another thing though...he won't let his dogs loose anywhere.

Chi-Harrison at the Braehead.

JOM'S
11-05-2004, 04:28 AM
Chi's team is even willing to fight Pacquiao in Manila! As long as he receives "not a cent less" than Pac's...fair enough. So it boils down to $$$, money makes the boxing world go around.

As for Warren, that's another thing though...he won't let his dogs loose anywhere.

Chi-Harrison at the Braehead.

this is very true show Chi the $$$$ and he will fight anywhere....