View Full Version : Tim Sylvia..What is your feelings on him as a champ?

Bzob
07-30-2003, 11:32 AM
He does have a 14-0 Record though

:lovers:

Bzob
07-30-2003, 11:33 AM
This thread is all ****ed up due to technical problems and I am not retypeing the first post...thank you

Mr. Beelzebub
07-30-2003, 12:20 PM
He is a good fighter, but I don't think that has all the tools to be consider a top 10 fighter. He hasn't fought the top heavyweights outthere. He beat did beat Cabbage and Ricco, but Rodriguez in my eyes was never a top fighter. Ricco is an excellent grappler, but his grappling skills haven't transistion well to MMA (there are many excellent grapplers that have experienced the same like Royler Gracie or Fabiano Iha).
Sylvia hasn't defeated top competition, and still needs to mature a lot as a fighter. He has a lot of potential.

Bluecifer
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
He's got good stand up.

Nuno
07-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Blue Dawg
He's got good stand up.

His reach is what helped him in the fight against Ricco...Without that reach he night not have had the power in his puch to KO Ricco....

Kempo Chris
07-30-2003, 02:14 PM
tim who?

purerockfury
07-30-2003, 03:11 PM
i think that you are giving him credit he has massive power and i think that he might hold on to that belt for a while as you saw with ricco he has good take down defence and he has that crazy reach

lightweight
07-30-2003, 03:21 PM
I'm fine with him as champ, he did good by me when he derailed the Ricco bandwagon with a straight right.

Curly Howard
07-30-2003, 03:32 PM
He's a good example of what Miletich can do for a fighter.

Bluecifer
07-30-2003, 03:37 PM
I bet Mcgee ****s him up and then loses his first title defense.

ronnie dobbs
07-30-2003, 03:37 PM
anyone who knocks out ricco is a good guy in my book. i would like to see barnett fight sylvia.

krahzee1
07-30-2003, 04:05 PM
ricco woould win a rematch, sylvia will lose his next fight.

The Ensanity
07-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by krahzee1
ricco woould win a rematch WHOA WHOA WHOA

Slow down cowboy...Thats crazy talk

krahzee1
07-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by The Ensanity
WHOA WHOA WHOA

Slow down cowboy...Thats crazy talk

In a rematch he wouldn't be such a stupid ****y idiot as to try and trade punches with a guy who has a 12" reach advantage, had he fought his fight and not tried to force a takedown he wouldn't have got knocked out in the first fight.

The Ensanity
07-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by krahzee1
had he fought his fight and not tried to force a takedown he wouldn't have got knocked out in the first fight. No...He would have, just not as soon

Ricco can take him down for ****...I dont even think he could if he set up his takedown(Tim didnt even have to sprawl)...Ricco isnt that good of a fighter IMHO...That is all

Zen
07-31-2003, 01:57 AM
I don't feel he earned a title shot, but he took advantage of his chance. Can't wait to see him defend the title. I'd like to see some of his ground skills. I think he's better than alot of people give him credit for though. I think he'll beat Gan McGee.

realkaps
07-31-2003, 01:59 AM
Bzob must have gotten Fightsport......

The Ensanity
07-31-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Zen420
I think he's better than alot of people give him credit for though.

Curly Howard
07-31-2003, 07:08 PM
He's why they need a super heavyweight class. Guys like Ricco and Mir need to fight not Mir vs McGee. They won't let a guy at 155 fight someone at 170 but they'll let a 225 guy fight someone at 275?

mmafanman
07-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Pretty good stand up and strong as hell. But he's got no charisma at all, and those ****ing chops are silly looking. It will be hard for Zuffa to market him if he continues to be champ.

DragonZero
07-31-2003, 08:01 PM
my thoughts are there is always someone bigger and badder than the next guy

badguy
08-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
He is a good fighter, but I don't think that has all the tools to be consider a top 10 fighter. He hasn't fought the top heavyweights outthere. He beat did beat Cabbage and Ricco, but Rodriguez in my eyes was never a top fighter. Ricco is an excellent grappler, but his grappling skills haven't transistion well to MMA (there are many excellent grapplers that have experienced the same like Royler Gracie or Fabiano Iha).
Sylvia hasn't defeated top competition, and still needs to mature a lot as a fighter. He has a lot of potential.

Who would be considered a top 10 Heavy. if not Ricco or Sylvia? Just curious in my opinion Sylvia finsihes Fedor unlike Fujita couldnt do. Sylvia is right now maybe the best Heavyweight due to size great striking (knees hands ect) and he is tough to get on the ground. Heavyweight is the weakest division other than 185 right now

badguy
08-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Curly Howard
He's why they need a super heavyweight class. Guys like Ricco and Mir need to fight not Mir vs McGee. They won't let a guy at 155 fight someone at 170 but they'll let a 225 guy fight someone at 275?

Ricco goes 245 Sylvia is 265

mmafanman
08-04-2003, 01:41 PM
I hope McGee beats Sylvia. I'm tired of Sylvia's beer gut and ugly chops.

Fallout
08-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub

Ricco beat Randy Couture.

That alone makes you a top ten fighter.

Syliva didn't impress me against Cabbage (he was almost TKOed by him) but the more I think about him, the more I like him. I have seen how much he improved between his UFC fights and he trains with MFS. That alone gives you the edge to become a champion.

Also, Syliva would beat Fedor. Sylivas style is the perfect way to counter Fedors style.

Just in the same way Fedors style is the perfect way to counter Nogs style

badguy
08-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Creed I agree

payback
08-10-2003, 02:02 AM
I don't see him holding that belt much longer, I am just not that impressed with him. I want to see him fight on the ground more. I bet if Mir could survive the standup he could sub his big ass on the ground.

badguy
08-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Blue Dawg Ill bet you your screen name Mcgee doesnt win Sylvia by KO