View Full Version : Since Genki was screwed by UFC rules..

Bzob
07-29-2003, 02:07 PM
They are being changed..New rules. If a fighter is injured while on the ground, it will be evaluated while both fighters remain on the ground. If it is bad enough for medical atention, the ref will be responsible to remember what position they were in and the fight contines where it was left off.

Genki vs Ludwig ll needs to happen

Curly Howard
07-29-2003, 02:18 PM
He'll just get beat down again.

Mr. Beelzebub
07-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Sudo dominated that fight until it was stopped to check Bang. In my eyes Sudo won a close decision.

Genki would win a rematch.

Curly Howard
07-29-2003, 02:26 PM
nope

purerockfury
07-29-2003, 02:52 PM
genki owned bang that entire fight he took him down with ease any time he wanted

The Ensanity
07-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by purerockfury
genki owned bang that entire fight he took him down with ease any time he wanted agreed...

realkaps
07-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Ludwig Vs. Sudo 2, my pick Ludwig via decision or TKO......

Lei Tong
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
With those 5 minute rounds, Genki paid the price of his showboating with being unable to finish Bang (and it cost him an unfair JD).

Carlao
07-29-2003, 05:43 PM
analogy- A footbal team is winning 37 to 14 and in the last 2 minutes they make a great play and its flashy and exiting and make another touchdown. The score now is 37 to 21 to include the field goal, but the other team still up in points. Which team deserves the win. team 1

Sudo = team 1

The Ensanity
07-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Carlao
analogy- A footbal team is winning 37 to 14 and in the last 2 minutes they make a great play and its flashy and exiting and make another touchdown. The score now is 37 to 21 to include the field goal, but the other team still up in points. Which team deserves the win. team 1

Sudo = team 1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

PERFECT ANALOGY

ronnie dobbs
07-29-2003, 07:39 PM
the ufc sucks.

realkaps
07-29-2003, 10:48 PM
I suppose you like worked fights and mismatches better......

ronnie dobbs
07-30-2003, 03:14 AM
who me? the ufc is ****. they get ****ty no name fighters,have backwards ass rules,a stupid ref named big john and the last couple of ufc i ordered on ppv cut out or lose the sound. they get chuck to fight randy for some worthless title and then screw chuck out of his shot at tito. i am pretty much through with ufc after 44. atleast pride puts on a good show.

DragonZero
07-30-2003, 03:25 AM

Sudo = team 1

great point

Whoremaster B
07-30-2003, 09:22 AM
If Genki takes it to the ground, The whole fight will remain that way.

Genki via decision

Kempo Chris
07-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Genki via ring entrance

krahzee1
07-30-2003, 03:03 PM
I don't see any endless whining about tito getting screwed by them checking guy mezger.

BTW ludwig fought a great fight and anybody that denies that is silly, I believe it should have been called a draw, it was too close to call.

The Ensanity
07-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by krahzee1
I believe it should have been called a draw, it was too close to call. I agreed with that

Carlao
07-30-2003, 05:56 PM
It was not close if anyone was keeping good scores. Ludwig is a great fighter but Sudo controled that fight for 2/3 of it.

End of story!

mmafanman
07-31-2003, 06:54 PM
Sudo was dominating Ludwig on the ground in round three, and IMO, was on his way to a stoppage. Even Ludwig admitted that he couldn't do anything to get out from underneath. The only thing that saved him was the restart.

If the new rule were in place during that match, Ludwig would've gotten his nose checked, then the ref would've placed them right back into the previous position---where Sudo was pounding him.

Curly Howard
07-31-2003, 07:15 PM
It was not close if anyone was keeping good scores. Ludwig is a great fighter but Sudo controled that fight for 2/3 of it.

End of story!

not End Of Story! Sudo would get a take down and Ludwig got the escape. Both count as points. All that back turning and dancing is the same as running away and stalling which is deducted from your points. If Sudo would stop running around in the ring he would get some better decisions but it doesn't matter if you just stand there or if you're a break dancing ninja it's still stalling and is deducted from the score.

realkaps
07-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Its true, if Sudo would have spent less time show boating and walking backwards he may have won the decision, its a fight, not a circus......

The Ensanity
07-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Curly Howard
not End Of Story! Sudo would get a take down and Ludwig got the escape. Both count as points. All that back turning and dancing is the same as running away and stalling which is deducted from your points. If Sudo would stop running around in the ring he would get some better decisions but it doesn't matter if you just stand there or if you're a break dancing ninja it's still stalling and is deducted from the score. Turning backwards aint stalling...he turned his back on a GREAT striker that didnt CAPITALIZE ON IT...Stalling is running away, not standing in the same spot waiting for strikes

realkaps
07-31-2003, 08:17 PM
That is stalling, dont be in denial, I am in aggreance that it should have been atleast a draw, but he would of won if not for all the show boating.....

The Ensanity
07-31-2003, 09:00 PM
Stalling requires you to slow down the action...Bang was very able to hit him in the BACK OF HIS DOME...WHY DIDNT HE?

realkaps
07-31-2003, 09:12 PM
http://www.ufc.tv/learnUFC/rulesUfc.asp

Fouls:
Butting with the head.
Eye gouging of any kind.
Biting.
Hair pulling.
Fish hooking.
Groin attacks of any kind.
Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
Small joint manipulation.
Striking to the spine or the back of the head.

krahzee1
07-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kaps
Its true, if Sudo would have spent less time show boating and walking backwards he may have won the decision, its a fight, not a circus......

All that showboating also gave bang the opportunity to win a big point with the crowd in his crane stance at the end of the fight.

realkaps
07-31-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeap....

Carlao
08-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Sudo's ring antics is one of the main things that has won him so many fans!!!!

The Ensanity
08-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by kaps
http://www.ufc.tv/learnUFC/rulesUfc.asp

Fouls:

Striking to the spine or the back of the head. Makes sense now.

mmafanman
08-04-2003, 12:45 PM
I didn't appreciate Joe Blowgan's highly biased remarks during that fight. It was obvious that he was pulling for Bang. He should stick to the Fear Factor.