View Full Version : Jens Pulver Moving Down to 145 Lbs.

Curly Howard
07-28-2003, 01:03 PM
In somewhat of a surprise move, but probably a smart one, Jens Pulver is moving down a weight class to 145 pounds. MMAWeekly's Ken Pishna spoke with Pulver's manager, Monte Cox, and he confirmed that Pulver is indeed making the move to 145 pounds in his next fight.

"We're still going to consider fights at 155, but it just makes sense
for Jens right now," said Cox. With more and more fighters in the sport cutting anywhere from 10-20 pounds in most weight classes, Pulver was becoming one of the smaller guys in the lightweight division.

A drop to 145 should put him towards the bigger end of the featherweight class. Pulver's first fight at 145 will be against Joe Jordan of Kentucky on August 15th. The two will square off in Rock Island, Illinois as part of Monte Cox's Extreme Challenge: Bar Wars that will take place in The District in an outdoor setting.

The show will feature an amateur boxing tournament with contestants comprised of bouncers from local bars in the area and be highlighted by the bout between Pulver and Jordan.

Pulver talked with Ryan Bennett this weekend and you will hear more about Pulver's future tomorrow, but it's still believed Pulver will fight in Shooto at 155 in a couple of months. Pulver shed's light on his future with Bennett, including how Jens got a telephone call from Big Evil, the Undertaker from the WWE, not to mention an update on his health and mental state plus some other interesting news and notes tomorrow.

From http://www.mmaweekly.com/

lightweight
07-28-2003, 01:09 PM
I hope he has success.

purerockfury
07-29-2003, 02:20 AM
god damn that is a big drop for him i read that he was 190 before he started fighting

rtbrouwer
07-29-2003, 04:26 AM
145 is a female fightweight.

mmafanman
07-29-2003, 02:23 PM
This a wrong move. If Pulver thinks he can't hang at 155, he's wrong. The guy beat Hallman, Penn and Uno. He should stay at 155, take a couple of easy fights against guys who can't punch, build his confidence back up, and then go after the big boys. There aren't any real money fights at 145.

Bluecifer
07-29-2003, 02:47 PM
His confidence is hurt and he knows he'll own anyone in 145lbs. He'll be back at 155 when he's ready.

Bzob
07-29-2003, 03:08 PM
I agree with blue dog.