View Full Version : Rumors about the 155 lbs. Division in the UFC

Curly Howard
07-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Just read a rumor that the UFC is talking about dropping the lightweight class. If this happens I will NEVER!!!! buy another UFC PPV or post any news about their promotion.

If this is true it would be the dumbest move ever made by the UFC and they have pulled some stupid stuff in the past.
Between the LHW drama and no middleweight or lightweight champ and the poor quality of the last couple of PPV the UFC is right for someone to step up and take over as the #1 MMA promotion in North America. If they are trying to sell the sport to new fans they're really doing a lousy job of it.

I hope this is all just a rumor. It sounds unbelievable but I wouldn't put anything past the "brain trust" of Zuffa entertainment.

Kempo Chris
07-27-2003, 06:57 PM
that would suck
Theres alot of talent at 155 lbs
The UFC has just too damn stupid and have depended on penn and uno in the past, the need to bring in new talent at 155 lbs

DragonZero
07-27-2003, 07:13 PM
that would be the worst decision they have ever made

DOGGx0
07-27-2003, 08:12 PM
if this is true, i would hope nothing but the worst for Zuffa entertainment.

keyword: IF

if this is not true, then cool, I hope Zuffa brings out some of the newer talent and tries to build the UFC to its full potential.

Kempo Chris
07-27-2003, 08:53 PM
if this were to happen i would never be able to fight in the ufc

DragonZero
07-27-2003, 09:07 PM
question is will he?

lightweight
07-27-2003, 10:44 PM
I would be pissed at them if they dropped it, I REALLY hope this is just a rumor.

The Ensanity
07-28-2003, 11:49 AM
thats my 2nd fav weight class...bet not

Zen
07-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Sudo- Edwards- Ludwig- Penn- Thomas- Uno

Enough said. Hope it's bull****.

endo_choked_me
07-28-2003, 01:06 PM
That would fuicking suck. I think the LW division is full of talent and a lot of potential matchups.
If they do drop the weight clas then another promotion should jump on the oppurtunity to have a few tournaments from 16 to 32 fighters until you get the final 8 and have a Grand Prix of sorts for the LW class.

Curly Howard
07-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Hopefully it's just a rumor and nothing will come of this. If it was anyone but the UFC I would have ignored it as BS and not posted it but the UFC is known for pulling stunts like this.

endo_choked_me
07-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Agreed.
With IFC LHW tourney and Grand Prix coming up it got me to thinking about a LW tourney. There are so many fighters in this divsion that it would make perfect sense for a promotion to gather as many pro 155 lbers and put together some shows with tournament format. I'm not talking about what the UFC did with 8 fighter and then next event decides a champ. But more alon the lines of what SuperBrawl and EC have pulled off in the past.

purerockfury
07-29-2003, 01:21 AM
ufc is totally ****ed up now with the middle weight and the lightweight classes