View Full Version : New PR on the bench

rtbrouwer
07-21-2003, 09:22 AM
I haven't really lifted during the winter since I was working a lot but I decided to pick the lifting up 2 months ago and it's been going better eversince. I gained a lot of mass and today I set a new PR. first I lifted 187 x 4 and then moved on to 200 x 3. so 200x 3 is a new PR for me :) yay for me!

Bzob
07-21-2003, 09:27 AM
that is awsome. I got a strengh training progarm from a buddy of mine that is playing foot ball in college here in Mi. I will post is later today. The program is great and very simple to use. It is based on 4 days of lifting and lots of mixed cardio. But i feel this weight program would mesh very well with boxing or mma

Bzob
07-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Your strengh gains are amazing in such a short time, Your diet must compliment your hard work?

lzindsay
07-21-2003, 10:19 AM
i want a tight waist, what kind of sit ups are the best. is there any sight that can design me a program

Bzob
07-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Run, Run And Run

realkaps
07-21-2003, 10:25 AM
There is a whole forum dedicated to this stuff. Do you guys ever leave OT?

Whoremaster B
07-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Lindzy, if you learn arm locks from the guard, it should take at least 2 inches off your waist.

worked weel with me.

realkaps
07-21-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Lindsay dont know what the guard is.....

rtbrouwer
07-21-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bzob
Your strengh gains are amazing in such a short time, Your diet must compliment your hard work?

My diet is doing a lot for me indeed. Remember that thread I made getting to 185 in 13 weeks? well, it is week 11 now and I am already at 187... I also found out I have a couple of weeks more. I still have 5 weeks before the rugby season starts and I reckon that if I keep eating and lifting like this I will make 200lbs.

btw, I went from 172lbs at 6.2% body fat to 185lbs at 8.9% bodyfat. I am at 187 so I don't know exactly how much fat I have not but my FFM went from roughly 160lbs to 170lbs in 10 week so that is pretty decent I reckon. FFM is not Female Female Male (like in FFM threesome) but it is Fat Free Mass in this context.

rtbrouwer
07-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by kaps
I'm pretty sure Lindsay dont know what the guard is.....

instead of putting your legs around somebodies waist she puts her legs behind her head, the rest of the position is the same though...... :)

lzindsay
07-21-2003, 11:06 AM
I have no idea what a guard is.....................

rtbrouwer
07-21-2003, 11:27 AM
lzlindsay, if you want a tighter stomache you should do what bzob said. Run, jog, cycling, swimming and stuf like that.

One of the biggest farytales in the fitness world is that you get a tighter belly by doing situps. If that was true it would mean that you can burn fat at certain bodyparts by activity. That would also mean that by inactivity you could gain fat mass at certain bodyparts. That would be to good to me true :) but unfortunatly that is not true.

There is a diffirence between males and females in burning and gaining fat. Gaining and losing fat are exact opposites of eachother and they both work exactly the other way around. The place where you first gain fat is the first place you will lose fat.

Females often get a pear shape when gaining fat. Most of the fat is stored in the ass and upper legs and eventually if you get really fat the belly, then boobs and arms will get bigger as well. If you then lose fat again then at first you will first lose the arms and boobs, then the belly and then the upper legs and ass.

Males are apple shaped. They first gain fat on their belly and get a round figure, later on the ass, legs arms and chest will get bigger, when burning fat it will go exactly the other way around again.

So you see, it is very hard to have a tight belly, you need to be in very good shape to have a sixpack since it is one of the last places that will start to burn fat. to have a decent 6 pack you must be under 8% bodyfat which is quite low.

lzindsay
07-21-2003, 11:36 AM
i don't want a six pack necesarilly, I just want a nice belly

Bzob
07-21-2003, 11:38 AM
you have to do 30-60 mins of cardio 4-6 times a weeks for 6 months while eating lo carbs and high proteins

lzindsay
07-21-2003, 11:40 AM
I am gonna do it starting tomorrow, Today is my birthday, I already had my awesome cheesecake for breakfast

Bzob
07-21-2003, 12:01 PM
YAY, Jump rope,Swim,Jog, Run,Walk,Bike. Change it up and have fun. Dump the kids with Joe and get some Lindsay time

Tom
07-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Why is this is the off topic section?

Anyway, great job ron, i posted a PR thread in the training section, start posting in it man.

realkaps
07-21-2003, 12:43 PM
I am moving this.....

Tom
07-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Only reason i asked that was because i made a similar thread and it was moved. Not trying to be a dick.

rtbrouwer
07-21-2003, 01:41 PM
good decision to move it kaps. I was not sure whether to post in OT or the training log because the training log is only to keep a log, that's what the description said so I posted in OT.

I'll post in the PR thread!