View Full Version : Hatton Vs Mayweather Rematch

Luke.l.08
06-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Ive heard some rumors about this...

Who do you think would win?

dobermann28
06-01-2008, 03:03 PM
if they fight at light welterweight,and hatton dosent come out of training until the fight. he might have a decent chance!

Tuggers1986
06-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Mayweather. Even more convincingly than last time. Hatton is good at what he does but is no where near Floyds level. Hatton thought he would break Floyd down on the inside and Floyd was even better at him than that.

jberg
06-01-2008, 05:09 PM
at light welter theres a slim chance of hatton winning. at welter, its over before it begins. if its at wembley im still gonna go see it

TheManchine
06-01-2008, 05:56 PM
mayweather will break him down and ko him again

Naps
06-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Hatton TKO 1.

Onslow.
06-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Honestly, i think a points victory to Floyd.

The Monk
06-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I just don't see the need for a rematch. Ok, it would be a very lucrative matchup, but in boxing terms Hatton was comprehensively beaten last year and simply didn't do enough to deserve a rematch.

I give Ricky props for wanting the fight, especially after that bad KO he suffered last year, but I think he is delusional if he thinks he has any chance of winning. He was outclassed in every aspect of the sweet science by Mayweather in December, even beating Ricky at his own game. I think he needs to forget about Floyd and concentrate on the Maglianaggi fight.

Xcel
06-01-2008, 07:55 PM
No reason to have this fight unless they just want some money

dporcer0
06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Mayweather would beat Hatton yet again, in about 7 or 8 rounds. Mayweather's ability to catch Hatton coming in over and over would be the story of this fight. Hatton simply can't deal with the speed or counterpunching.

Kilrain
06-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Mayweather. Even more convincingly than last time. Hatton is good at what he does but is no where near Floyds level. Hatton thought he would break Floyd down on the inside and Floyd was even better at him than that.

Nice post:boxing:

T-97
06-02-2008, 02:05 PM
At welter...Floyd embarrises him...

at Light welter...Floyd is faster....beats him even easier..

Really, there is NO need for the rematch. Any one that still isnt convinced of who the better fighter is between the two should really go watch the fight again...

AceNguyen
06-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Even if the fight is at 140 they would probably be the same weight during fight night as they were during their 147 fight. They are both natural 140 pounders, there would be almost no difference. Floyd still has the massive edge in reach, counterpunching, and speed that would leave Hatton floored.

hardmanbrit
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Hatton, in his 2 fights at Welterweight, has shown that he can never be even remotely comfortable at any weight above Light-Welterweight.

He just ain't big enough.

I love the man because he does a huge amount for various African charities, but he would have no chance against the greatest boxer of all time, Floyd.

Hatton should just clean up the Light-Welterweight division and then retire instead of chasing pipe dreams.

Dorian
06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
There's not point in a rematch...

ophqui
06-03-2008, 08:28 AM
love hatton, was very close to picking him to win in the first fight, but having seen the first fight the only thing hatton can expect from a rematch is another defeat and a big fat paycheck. if he takes the fight (which all indications are that he would if it was offered) then he's either deluded or interested only in the cash.

danny stash
06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Hatton looked worse against laczano than he did gainst may. I think if they did it again it would be worse for Hatton this time round. I dont think anyone wants to see this again cept for maybe some Hatton die hards. I would like to see Hatton and Cotto more.

Chase8400
06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
In my opinion, Hatton was not given a fair shake in the first fight. The ref did a horrible job, Mayweather cheated his butt off and I feel like Hatton won 4 of the first 7 rounds. A rematch would be interresting to me because the results may be a little closer, even if Hatton is beaten again. I feel like he deserves a rematch based on all he does for the sport and because he gave up all the advantages to Floyd in the first fight. In the same fight in the UK with a better ref, I think that Ricky would have a decent shot to hang with Floyd and possibly win a close decision. I dont believe that he was completely outclassed like everyone else thinks, just that he lost his game plan and got caught coming in. He was not hurt at any other time in the fight. Maybe stunned by the hand speed, but not acually hurt. I would love a rematch on even terms and see what happens then. Its a win-win for both fighters because they will make more money than with anyone else and both have the oppritunity to show the first fight was either exactly what should have happened or a complete fluke. I lean toward the fluke, and not just because I am a Hatton fan. I still respect Mayweather's skill.

the_godslayer
06-05-2008, 08:50 AM
For me i think i would be wary of betting against Hatton in a rematch, especially if its at 140 and more especially if its held in the UK, Hatton had much more to learn from that fight than Mayweather did and i think it could be an interesting fight, either Hatton by KO or TKO or if it went the distance prolly Floyd by UD,

MWMerlino
06-10-2008, 09:51 PM
lol@ the delusional Hatton die-hards who don't understand the simple fact that their one-dimensional fighter was knocked out by someone who had him figured before the match even started.

What insight will Hatton gleam from his loss that will give him the one up on Mayweather in a rematch?

Even if Mayweather didn't have a specific game plan to beat Hatton his counter-punching on the inside (Hatton's effective position) was and would be sharp enough to keep Hatton's aggression in check.

Unanimous
06-11-2008, 04:01 AM
What insight will Hatton gleam from his loss that will give him the one up on Mayweather in a rematch?

Even if Mayweather didn't have a specific game plan to beat Hatton his counter-punching on the inside (Hatton's effective position) was and would be sharp enough to keep Hatton's aggression in check.

Lol! How can we take your opinion seriously when you obviously are oblivious to the fact Mayweather has RETIRED!

alexsilver90
06-24-2008, 11:25 AM
hatton is good. mayweather is a special talent dats all im gunna say

Brother Blues
06-24-2008, 11:43 AM
If they fought 100 times,and Floyd would win 100...and would KO Hatton 99 times.

1g5a22
06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
doesnt matter now

F U MOM
06-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Ayo vicky da bum fatton sucks he cant hang at welter

joshyp18
06-24-2008, 12:13 PM
isnt the linear welterweight champ ment to beat the linear light welterweight champ neway tho.

TheIce
06-24-2008, 05:06 PM
If money is right!

BarrySlisk
06-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Even if there is only 10% chance of a Hatton win, I want the fight. It would be heaven if Hatton could defeat that anoying Floyd. Of course it would be hard to watch another defeat, since Hatton is one of my (probably THE)favourite boxers.

Luke.l.08
06-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh well...hes mayweathers quit now

Weebler I
06-29-2008, 11:58 PM

the ref didn't let Hatton fight on the inside until Floyd was on top

Tyson Jones
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Floyd ko 3 this time.

Weebler I
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Floyd ko 3 this time.

bawahawhahwa

▀ringer
06-30-2008, 05:28 AM
What the hell is the point of a rematch? That's like Gerry Cooney wanting a Holmes rematch. That's like Tommy Hearns wanting a Hagler rematch. That's like Marvis Frazier wanting a Tyson rematch. It makes no sense because they all got knocked the **** out in a very one sided fight.

And Hatton could barely hang with Juan Lazcano in his last fight. Sure he won, but Lazcano had him wobbling all over the ring like Hatton normally wobbles out of the local pub.

Floyd ruined Ricky. Period. In a rematch he would ruin him even worse, and in much faster fashion.