View Full Version : Can anyone beat Hatton at 140?

kmcc505
05-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Beside Floyd if he cam down, I mean. I'm not so sure. Hatton is a great fighter. JMO.

no1p4p
05-31-2008, 12:13 AM
At this time i dnt think anyone could. I think a prime kostya tszyu would have killed hatton

`STEELHEAD
05-31-2008, 12:13 AM
if steve forbes goes back down to 140 like he said after dlh he would give hatton a run for it.

Naps
05-31-2008, 01:31 AM
No..............

Blayde
05-31-2008, 04:32 AM
I dont see Malignaggi beating Hatton, but I see a pretty beatable fighter in Hatton.

Matter of fact Hatton is wide open at times, especially for left hooks. Boxers who like to move around and counter have a lot of opportunities to land there shots on Ricky and boxers who like to exchange also do.

Honestly I would Pick Bradley and Torres to beat Hatton. I think Bradley would be able to land a lot of his quick straight right hands and he would hurt Hatton multiple times, maybe he would even get him out of there. Same thing with Torres, I think he would be able to hurt Hatton. Hatton would back him up against the ropes, but Torres would let his hands go there like he did against Cotto and like Lazcano did against Hatton. IF Hatton would really back him up. Because if Torres has to go forward himself, he tends to lose his balance.
We also shouldnt forget about Kotelnik who throws nice short combinations and who would land some great shots on Hattons chin, thats for sure. It would just be the question how he could handle Hattons pressure.

Witter looked like crap after some rounds against Bradley, but he would also stand a chance. There are several guys at 140 who would be very good opponents for Hatton IMO, although the division definitely isnt very strong right now.

dporcer0
06-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Bradley, Torres, Witter, and Forbes all have what it takes to beat Ricky Hatton at 140.

Bradley because of his accurate punching and speed.
Torres because of his power punching.
Witter because of his quick counters (although I'd take Hatton to outwork him)
Forbes because of his defense coupled with speed and technical skills.

Hatton should rightfully be favored over the likes of Kendall Holt and Paulie Malignaggi.

boxaholic
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes. Any of the top 135 would beat hatton at 140. Pacman Marquez Cassamayor Guzman Campbell. And at 140 Amir Khan. I know of at least 8 fighters at 147 that could beat hime if he dared to go to 147. So he should stay at 140 where his lack of skill is not taken advantage of.

dporcer0
06-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes. Any of the top 135 would beat hatton at 140. Pacman Marquez Cassamayor Guzman Campbell. And at 140 Amir Khan. I know of at least 8 fighters at 147 that could beat hime if he dared to go to 147. So he should stay at 140 where his lack of skill is not taken advantage of.

I can't see any top 135 pounder beating Hatton because they'd be at a strength disadvantage and would thus be forced to fight at his distance, leaving them susceptible to his roughhousing/mauling tactics.

Casamayor struggled with Katsidis's attack and as unrefined as Hatton may be, he's much more refined and technically skilled than Katsidis.

Khan simply lacks the chin to compete at the higher levels of the sport. Limond cracked his jaw and he's a featherfisted featherweight who moved up.

Agree with you completely at 147; Mayweather, Cotto, Mosley, Margarito, Quintana, Judah, Clottey, Williams, Berto, and maybe Collazo in a rematch all beat Hatton in my opinion.

jberg
06-02-2008, 06:02 AM
no. hatton is king of 140. someone whould have to come down to do it, and only mayweather

neils7147933
06-02-2008, 07:26 AM
He looked very beatable the last fight, but if he gets a solid win against Malignaggi, then that changes my thoughts a little bit...

duffgun
06-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Witter looked slow in his last fight maybe a bit past his best now not sure if he could beat hatton anymore i would like to see Forbes fight Hatton but i think Hatton would win a close UD

kamicazze
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
id say only witter stylistically! malignaggi will give him tough 5 rounds b4 being overawed, torres and kotelnik would get pummelled, bradley would be destroyed, khan would get ktfo, guzman would lose as would pacquioa, casamayor and cambell and juan diaz! kastidis may stand a chance! all these fights are based on their respective styles of figtinig

the_godslayer
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
No is the short answer,
to elaborate ... yes Hatton is vulnerable to the left/check hook but it would take a special punch to put him down ... Floyds was assisted by the ringpost for as good a punch as it was, if the ring post was taken out of the equation the Hatton would have still been standing (this does NOT mean i am saying Hatton would have won that fight before you all start!!!)
IMO Hatton is not the linear/ring champ @140 for nothing ... Bradley is far too inexperienced to beat Hatton and would be destroyed inside 6 and as for Paulie well IMO the guy is a ****ing joke and ill bet anyone that Hatton will KO him if they meet, even if he doesnt he certainly wont lose.

ironjab
06-16-2008, 12:21 PM
i think any good fighter at 140 will beat Ricky, Bradley will for sure, after watching Hatton last time out, its all over at the top level for the hitman

Nicky_Hatton
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
No is the short answer,
to elaborate ... yes Hatton is vulnerable to the left/check hook but it would take a special punch to put him down ... Floyds was assisted by the ringpost for as good a punch as it was, if the ring post was taken out of the equation the Hatton would have still been standing (this does NOT mean i am saying Hatton would have won that fight before you all start!!!)
IMO Hatton is not the linear/ring champ @140 for nothing ... Bradley is far too inexperienced to beat Hatton and would be destroyed inside 6 and as for Paulie well IMO the guy is a ****ing joke and ill bet anyone that Hatton will KO him if they meet, even if he doesnt he certainly wont lose.

Mate, I've read a lot of your stuff on here and think you're a decent poster, but strongly disagree about Hatton destroying Malignaggi.

fightingfigs
06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Malignaggi will beat him and Lovemore n"dou would beat him as well.

If Lazcano can stun and almost knock him out Malignaggi and N'dou would soundly beat Hatton.

MikeBrew328
06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
i think any good fighter at 140 will beat Ricky, Bradley will for sure, after watching Hatton last time out, its all over at the top level for the hitman

Agreed. Hatton has always had defensive flaws but had a swag and intensity that compensated. He no longer has that.

Don't sleep on Malignaggi. He will at least embarrass Ricky, meanwhile if Ricky fights anybody else like DLH, Ricky might get seriously hurt. He should fight one more fight and get out.

And if it wasn't for the ring post in the Mayweather fight, Mayweather might've killed Ricky on his feet.

The Monk
06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I think there are several fighters who have a chance of beating Hatton at 140 at the moment. I give Bradley the best chance and would personally favour him over Ricky at the moment. I give Maglianaggi and Ngoudjo a decent chance and would say that a fight with either of these two would be 50/50, while Ricardo Torres is someone I can see actually KO'ing this diminished form of Hatton. I just feel that if Torres can land flush then Ricky's chin would be unable to stand upto the power.

I'd just like to say that I think no one at 140lbs beats a prime Hatton, but the Hatton we have at the present is someone whos lifestyle has eventually caught upto him and is no longer the fighter who beat the great Kostya Tszyu.

Danny Gunz
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
ricky hatton has way to many flaws to say he is unbeatable

sugarshanenas
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I think Hatton still gots a couple years left but he isn't exactly the same as he was before as the amazing body puncher his lifestyle messed him up

The Monk
06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Just to clarify, when I said no one beats a prime Hatton at 140lbs I meant of the boxers who campaign there at present.

the_godslayer
06-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Mate, I've read a lot of your stuff on here and think you're a decent poster, but strongly disagree about Hatton destroying Malignaggi.

Thanks for the props mate ... i guess i have an inbuilt dislike of Malignaggi that clouds my judgement ... i agree he is a decent boxer but still feel that Hatton will be too much for him, especially on his last showing which was farcical IMO, the only way Paulie beats him for me is to stay on his bike and take a decision victory, i just feel (HOPE!!!) that if Hatton catches him with a few body shots he will fold.

Malignaggi will beat him and Lovemore n"dou would beat him as well.
If Lazcano can stun and almost knock him out Malignaggi and N'dou would soundly beat Hatton.

See above for my opinions on Paulie and im not even gonna justify the N'Dou comments, thats just ridiculous
Being mates with the cornermen of several of the Manchester boxers i am aware that Hattons chest infection was more serious than he revealed to the press which left him a little drained and out of shape, rewatch the fight and you will see that yes Hatton was stunned but nowhere near being KO'd.

I think Hatton still gots a couple years left but he isn't exactly the same as he was before as the amazing body puncher his lifestyle messed him up

Agreed

Tuggers1986
06-17-2008, 06:21 AM
I'd like to see Hatton v Torres. I think Torres would give him one of the hardest nights he's had.

the_godslayer
06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
I'd like to see Hatton v Torres. I think Torres would give him one of the hardest nights he's had.

id like to see that fight too, Torres is a bit of an unknown and underrated here in the UK and i reckon it could deffo be one of Hattons hardest tests to date.

badnewsbrown
06-17-2008, 08:14 AM
the question is who cant beat hatton if u ask me. the top fighters at 140 would all beat hatton imo. btw i dont regard paulie as one of them tho. witter, bradley, hopkins, holt and maybe forbes would beat him.

The Legacy
06-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Personally I can't see anyone beating Hatton at 140 at the moment.

I never thought Witter would have the ability to and I haven't changed my mind. Ricky might be slightly past his best and as others say his lifestyle away from the ring hasn't helped but I still wouldn't bet against him in any fight at 140 pounds.

Hagler★
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM

this is officially BO-LAX

FeFist
06-22-2008, 07:55 PM
If Cotto stepped down I think he would take Hatton, along with Zab Judah and Margarito. Hatton to me is an overrated fighter, anyone who can take his shots or box would beat him imho.

Rafael Benitez
06-22-2008, 11:52 PM
'Great'? I don't think so. he is good, not great. People throw that word around too easily nowadays. I would say even Floyd has two more fights to go before making that grade (Margarito and Cotto). If Cotto came down he would kick his fat ass. If Malignaggi kept his hands together he would have a slim chance. Witter also has slim to no chance. They all have a chance.

Hatton talks so much **** about wieght and makes excuses about not being natural at Welterweight. Floyd started at 130lbs! He was a super-featherweight! If anything fat boy is defo more natural at that weight. I think he got battered against that tattooed hispanic dude too. WHat a bum. Can;t wait to see him knocked out on his arse again.

the_godslayer
06-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I agree that if Cotto came back to 140 he would almost certainly be too much for Hatton, as for the rest @ 140 ... Hatton beats them all IMO

ATFsven
06-23-2008, 05:54 AM

that is one of the stupidest things i have ever read.

the_godslayer
06-23-2008, 05:56 AM

Still hold with that ridiculous statement after saturdays fight mate???

Hatton would destroy Khan if Gomez's body shots hurt him Hatton would fold him in half.

AndyShitHot
06-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Hatton talks so much **** about wieght and makes excuses about not being natural at Welterweight. Floyd started at 130lbs! He was a super-featherweight! If anything fat boy is defo more natural at that weight.

I defo agree, I think Hatton is obviously more of a natural WW but the fact is that Hatton can't hang with the top guys at WW. He looked much healthier at the Mayweather weigh in than he did at the Lazcano weigh in, at that weigh in he looked desperate for a Burger King.

However the fact is that Hatton is currently the man at LWW, if he moved up to WW permanently, he would just be a top ten fighter.

the_godslayer
06-23-2008, 06:11 AM
I defo agree, I think Hatton is obviously more of a natural WW but the fact is that Hatton can't hang with the top guys at WW. He looked much healthier at the Mayweather weigh in than he did at the Lazcano weigh in, at that weigh in he looked desperate for a Burker King.

However the fact is that Hatton is currently the man at LWW, if he moved up to WW permanently, he would just be a top ten fighter.

Its not just about what weight you are comfortable walking round at ... for some reason although its very apparent Hatton walks round as if WW would be the natural fighting weight for him, he has NEVER been comfortable fighting at that weight ... IMO he is just too small for his preferred style of fighting and i totally agree he would be top 10 only, maybe sneaking to top 5 if he went up to WW and stayed there.

Rafael Benitez
06-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Its not just about what weight you are comfortable walking round at ... for some reason although its very apparent Hatton walks round as if WW would be the natural fighting weight for him, he has NEVER been comfortable fighting at that weight ... IMO he is just too small for his preferred style of fighting and i totally agree he would be top 10 only, maybe sneaking to top 5 if he went up to WW and stayed there.

Good point at the start there, but that wasn't the issue when he got battered by Collazo either. I just think he is overrated and would lose to anyone who isn't over the hill and half decent. He fights bums. He has no excuse for not fighting Margarito and Cotto, or even Zab Judah. He just is not good enough and it seems diet shakes will give him the excuse to avoid anymore talented fighters and save a few blushes.

the_godslayer
06-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Good point at the start there, but that wasn't the issue when he got battered by Collazo either. I just think he is overrated and would lose to anyone who isn't over the hill and half decent. He fights bums. He has no excuse for not fighting Margarito and Cotto, or even Zab Judah. He just is not good enough and it seems diet shakes will give him the excuse to avoid anymore talented fighters and save a few blushes.

i agree in part, i dont think he was helped by how long he stayed with Frank Warren and was spoonfed easy or fading opponents. When he took the step up he found that yes he probably is a little overrated and has had a couple of lucky decisions go his way. I think Cotto had moved up before Hatton could have faced him for a big enough draw/payday. Tony and Zab would both be very difficult fights for him, especially at this stage in his career. I have heard that Hatton had a 6 fight plan prior to the Lazcano fight, seriously I cant see that he has 5 more in him. Ill take him to smash Paulie and then have an easy defense before looking for a big money deal final fight although if Floyd stays retired and Oscar is serious about only 2 more fights I dont know who will bring the money to the table? maybe Pac will have done well @ 135 and will step up to face Hatton @ 140? who knows.

jowee
06-26-2008, 01:25 AM
bradley and torres

BALLISTIC
07-02-2008, 02:56 AM
pacman could....no doubt.

Speecha
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I dont see Malignaggi beating Hatton, but I see a pretty beatable fighter in Hatton.

Matter of fact Hatton is wide open at times, especially for left hooks. Boxers who like to move around and counter have a lot of opportunities to land there shots on Ricky and boxers who like to exchange also do.

Honestly I would Pick Bradley and Torres to beat Hatton. I think Bradley would be able to land a lot of his quick straight right hands and he would hurt Hatton multiple times, maybe he would even get him out of there. Same thing with Torres, I think he would be able to hurt Hatton. Hatton would back him up against the ropes, but Torres would let his hands go there like he did against Cotto and like Lazcano did against Hatton. IF Hatton would really back him up. Because if Torres has to go forward himself, he tends to lose his balance.
We also shouldnt forget about Kotelnik who throws nice short combinations and who would land some great shots on Hattons chin, thats for sure. It would just be the question how he could handle Hattons pressure.

Witter looked like crap after some rounds against Bradley, but he would also stand a chance. There are several guys at 140 who would be very good opponents for Hatton IMO, although the division definitely isnt very strong right now.

That was my thoughts exactly:biggthump...bradley is a very smart fighter and i think any fighter that has a hard enough chin can take hatton based on his susceptibility to anything coming from the left...especially hooks..mayweather hit him 3 good times with left including the check hook...if u watch the lazcano fight he does the same...i think bradley would spot this and pick him off

i've always said witter would beat hatton, bar his last fight he always looks good and i think with hattons style of throwin wild punches and hooks and witter's countering ability i honestly don't think it would be as close as people make out to be.

i dont know much about torres but he does throw strong punches and likes to come forward which i can see giving hatton problems. but at this moment there arent many highly talented jr. welters right now...it all seems 2 be at welter and light to be honest...pacquiao coming up would ruin hattons skin with his speed and accuracy with a SYSTEMATIC BEATING:boxing: regardless of whether he had 2 move up in weight.

kamicazze
07-12-2008, 06:14 AM
i dnt see anybody except floyd coming down, witter or forbes! all stylistic nightmares for him!

sterling
07-12-2008, 07:55 AM
hmm very few can beat him but he is beatable

sterling
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
i also think pacman may trouble hatton too with his speed but i duno if pacman wil carry his power well at 140

moofo
07-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Beside Floyd if he cam down, I mean. I'm not so sure. Hatton is a great fighter. JMO.

Hatton is one hungry clever Boxer away from losing his Crown.
Ricky has lost everything that made him what he was.
He cannot pressure fight anymore for more than 5-6 rounds.
He has lost a lot of his accuracy and power.
Don't get me wrong I like Ricky but his best is behind him and he is there for the picking.
Frank Warren kept his best from us and Ricky did the rest with his lifestyle as he finally made his name.
He has forsaken his stamina ,Boxing brain and grit for hit and hug.
I began to realise this when he struggled with Urango.

brently1979
07-12-2008, 09:14 AM
On an even playing field with fare Refereeing I could see Hatton getting beaten by some of the top 140 fighters.

BoriBlaze1
07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Are you guys serious? Look at how Hatton looked after his last fight, like a beaten man. He will lose to Paulie Malganaggie and even Bradley or Witter will beat him. Hatton is a punching bag. I don't know why you even consider him to be any good he is garbage. Ricardo Torrez will ko his ass. Lets see him fight someone who got a chance. Mayweather destroyed him, Collazo beat him as well. He is not as good as you guys think. It's just a great white hype. Only white dude I have Respect in boxing is Kelly Pavlik.

mspiegelo
07-12-2008, 12:31 PM
yes, i believe there are a bunch of guys who would have a shot... holt, torres, ngoudjo (who i thought clearly beat the past-his-primse castillo but was robbed to make the mismatch, money showdown), d-hopkins, steve forbes, malignaggi and junior witter all would have a shot at beating Hatton, who takes way to many punches and has slowed down lately... Also, manny would have a good chance if he were to move up, as would casamayor who is way too smart for Hatton. Also, Mayweather wouldn't just "have a chance," he'd dominate hatton again easily, even at 140...

da_beast
07-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Mallinagi on points is possibility

Bradley and Torres would KO him

Cotto Judah Mayweather Mosley & berto i think could all make lww at a push, they would all beat him, Margarito would have no chance of making lww so he is out of the equasion.

and i think the pac man fight would be close it depends on wether hatton can bully him and rough him up or manny could use his speed to get in and out and frustrate him like Floyd did.

slicksouthpaw16
07-15-2008, 07:26 AM
The only fighter that i would favor over Hatton at 140 as of now would be Timothy Bradly. He just has all of the physical tool and ability to get the job done and certainly has the power to keep Hatton honest. I see him being pretty dominant and the man to beat at junior welterweight.

I have to see More of Kendal Holt but is another top champion and looked good against Torres and Tackie. If he could avoid trading with Ricky, then i can see him stopping Hatton late becuase he is a very big puncher with good skills, but if Hatton caught that weak chin of his then he would have some problems on his hands.

Torres would also have a shot at beating Hatton IMO. Hes a very huge puncher and Hatton showed in his last fight that he still has questions about his chin.

abadger
07-15-2008, 08:46 AM
The only fighter that i would favor over Hatton at 140 as of now would be Timothy Bradly. He just has all of the physical tool and ability to get the job done and certainly has the power to keep Hatton honest. I see him being pretty dominant and the man to beat at junior welterweight.

I have to see More of Kendal Holt but is another top champion and looked good against Torres and Tackie. If he could avoid trading with Ricky, then i can see him stopping Hatton late becuase he is a very big puncher with good skills, but if Hatton caught that weak chin of his then he would have some problems on his hands.

Torres would also have a shot at beating Hatton IMO. Hes a very huge puncher and Hatton showed in his last fight that he still has questions about his chin.

You overrate Bradley, he is a solid fighter with decent skills, but at this stage nothing more than that. He beat Witter largely because Witter was inactive to the point of coma, waiting for the perfect counterpunch opportunity that never came. Credit goes to Bradley for making it that way, but Hatton would be a different story entirely, how would Bradley cope with Hatton's pressure?

As for Holt and Torres, I give them even less of a chance, both guys are pretty sloppy if we are honest. They are both at least a class below Hatton. Apparently both can bang, but Hatton has a good chin, although accumulation has lately been showing a tendency to catch up with him. Against Hatton I feel sure both of these two would come with the goal of overwhelming him, but find themselves being overwhelmed.

I actually give Malignaggi a better chance than any of these guys (though Bradley is something of an unknown quantity), because he has the speed to get in and out and outbox Hatton if he chooses, and also seems to have an iron chin. I doubt Paulie would outbox Hatton though as he seems always to get sucked into a brawl, which isn't exactly his strength.

I have to say also that your prediction that Bradley "will dominate" is wildly premature. We have seen absolutely nothing from him yet to suggest this, except an absence of fellow emerging young guys in the division.

slicksouthpaw16
07-15-2008, 09:06 AM
You overrate Bradley, he is a solid fighter with decent skills, but at this stage nothing more than that. He beat Witter largely because Witter was inactive to the point of coma, waiting for the perfect counterpunch opportunity that never came. Credit goes to Bradley for making it that way, but Hatton would be a different story entirely, how would Bradley cope with Hatton's pressure?

Bradly is a very good boxer with punching power and that true skill. He has the tools and ability to negate Hatton's game by countering effectively and sharp shooting him from the outside. Even at junior welterweight, Bradely punches harder than Mayweather.

I give him a lot of credit for beating Witter for 3 reasons.

1. Hatton was accused of avoiding Witter and was clearly making excuses why not to fight him.

2. Bradely managed to get a decision on the UK, which means that the fight was obviously not as close as it seemed.

3. Bradely managed to adapt to one of the most akward styles that i have ever seen in boxing. He even hurt Witter and made him cautious for the enire second half.

I have been watching Timothy Bradely come up on show box and i always knew that he would be the real deal. He just has a complete arsenal and is very mult dimsenial, on top of being a physical speciman.

As for Holt and Torres, I give them even less of a chance, both guys are pretty sloppy if we are honest. They are both at least a class below Hatton. Apparently both can bang, but Hatton has a good chin, although accumulation has lately been showing a tendency to catch up with him. Against Hatton I feel sure both of these two would come with the goal of overwhelming him, but find themselves being overwhelmed.

Please elaborate on how Torres and Holt would be overwelmed. Holt can tricky becuase he gives up his weak chin often and could be caught by Hatton. Torres on the other hand, has pretty good boxing skill and is a tremendous puncher, the best puncher that i have actually seen at junior welterweight for a long while. Hatton was been in dounbts about his chin after the Mayweather fight and Torres would definitely answer those questions. Hatton is a pressure boxer that looks to slip punches and get on the inside to he is directly in front of Torres and would give him his opportunities. If Torres managed to get Hatton hurt( which is very capable of doing) then he would not let up, like Juan Lazcano.

I actually give Malignaggi a better chance than any of these guys (though Bradley is something of an unknown quantity), because he has the speed to get in and out and outbox Hatton if he chooses, and also seems to have an iron chin. I doubt Paulie would outbox Hatton though as he seems always to get sucked into a brawl, which isn't exactly his strength.

Something tells me that you give Malinaggi a chance over Hatton becuase he hits like a feather and poses very little threat to him. :D Look at my signature on my bets. Hatton will beat Mallinaggi with few problems becuase when you have a pressure fighter like Hatton in front of you, then you would need to land somethibg big or at least have power to get his respect and Malinaggi doesn't have that at all. He will be walked down by Hatton and decision, i wouldn't even be suprised if he was stopped if the fight was held in the UK.( no disrespect)

I have to say also that your prediction that Bradley "will dominate" is wildly premature. We have seen absolutely nothing from him yet to suggest this, except an absence of fellow emerging young guys in the division.

He beat the number one ranked junior welterweight and was making a massive leap up in competition, i would think thats a start. :fing02:

COLINSRI
07-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Nobody could be Hatton at 140...perhaps not even PBF unless he had a cortez in his corner again.

abadger
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Slick,

I can't quibble with you on Bradley too much he looks to have a decent future. However, Witter is really not that good and we shouldn't get too excited by a fighter who beats him. What Hatton says about Witter, that he just uses Hatton's name in the hope of getting a big payday against a much better fighter is true. He has never been rated by any UK fans that I know of, although Americans do seem to like him. Anyway, I would hesitate before proclaiming Bradley the future king until we've seen him against more top opposition.

On Holt and Torres, come on, these guys really aren't that good. Torres seems to me to have gone backwards from his days fighting Cotto. I think they would be overwhelmed by Hatton because that is what Hatton does, a little less effectively than of old, but he gets in your face and doesn't let up. I don't see either Holt or Torres being able to live with him.

I do not expect Malignaggi to beat Hatton, however, since he appears pretty tough to KO, is a fast boxer and also gave Cotto a good fight, I give him a better chance than the others.

larryx
07-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Nobody could be Hatton at 140...perhaps not even PBF unless he had a cortez in his corner again.
do you think 7 damn pounds would prevent that beat down hell you ask me it would be worst floyds would be even faster

Point Blank
07-22-2008, 12:38 AM
manny pacquiao.

Devils Advocate
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Well Hatton avoided Witter but Bradley ate Witter for Breakfast, I think Bradley would win by Majority Decision bc Hatton would have a point taked for holding. Damn him and his holding, get Billy Graham out of their Hatton. Hatton needs to add more angles and hooks to his game and he wouldn't have to worry about holding so much. He is very vulnerable when he's going in to hold and he gets hit by punches he doesn't see coming. But as far as personality goes Hatton is probably the coolest little white dude there out there. 24/7 made me a fan of his heart, you know he had to be scared on the inside.

Devils Advocate
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Hatton needs to enlist the services of Roger Mayweather, the pad and mit work that he has Floyd doing, "you guys know where Floyd dodges the mits without looking" is great for defense and reflexes. I tried to add that to my regimine but had to take a week off with a busted nose.

boyakasha!
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Zab Judah would knock Hatton out at 140 lbs.

Stop laughing! Dead serious. Zab could win belts at 140 right now, but he'll never touch another belt at 147 lbs. Clottey will steamroll him very soon. Zab and Joshua will both run out of gas in 5 rounds when they face each other. It'll get ugly real quick. Probably turn into a foul-fest by round 7. If Zab has any chance against Clottey, it will be a win by DQ.

Imagine that. Zab wins by DQ? Outlandish, yo.

But anyway, yeah. Zab beats the **** outta Hatton at 140 lbs.

2quick2slick
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Tim Bradley

Shambleton
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
if steve forbes goes back down to 140 like he said after dlh he would give hatton a run for it.

LMAO :Flush:

Sithis
07-23-2008, 04:17 PM
torres KO's him.

Rafael Benitez
07-24-2008, 01:32 AM
torres KO's him.
Well he is the namesake of the worlds best athlete, our Nando!!! I think he is a bit chinny myself though. Wait to see if he has a trilogy first eh? That would be classic. I would defo give him a chance at schooling this bum. There are probably ten or so good fighters who could do to Fatty what Collazo did. A fight that I think Luis won. In any case, the other guys probably have a meatier punch than Collazo. One of them would be Torres, Torres!
Nobody could be Hatton at 140...perhaps not even PBF unless he had a cortez in his corner again.Dumb white bastard who genuinely thinks it was the Ref that beat Fatty. He was outclassed! For your info (since Sky Sports News did not mention it after the bum fell down in shame) Floyd started his career at 130lbs you pathetic prick. He is the smaller guy so don't listen to all that more natural at that weight bull**** Fatty cries about on TV! The ****ing excuses. Smelly stigeez in UK are deluded as ****! Stigeez and their smelly estates need to come back down to earth. You're never going to win the World Cup again either you bunhc of sore losers!!! Blaming the ****ing Ref for 42 years when you know you bum boys bottle it on penalties!!! Time to stop being racist at grassroots and let ethnics take over eh?! Every round was a penalty for FATTY!!!!

Don Johnson
07-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Junior Witter, Herman Ngoudjo, Andreas Kotelnik, Juan Urango after a few more fights

big paulie
07-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Well he is the namesake of the worlds best athlete, our Nando!!! I think he is a bit chinny myself though. Wait to see if he has a trilogy first eh? That would be classic. I would defo give him a chance at schooling this bum. There are probably ten or so good fighters who could do to Fatty what Collazo did. A fight that I think Luis won. In any case, the other guys probably have a meatier punch than Collazo. One of them would be Torres, Torres!
Dumb white bastard who genuinely thinks it was the Ref that beat Fatty. He was outclassed! For your info (since Sky Sports News did not mention it after the bum fell down in shame) Floyd started his career at 130lbs you pathetic prick. He is the smaller guy so don't listen to all that more natural at that weight bull**** Fatty cries about on TV! The ****ing excuses. Smelly stigeez in UK are deluded as ****! Stigeez and their smelly estates need to come back down to earth. You're never going to win the World Cup again either you bunhc of sore losers!!! Blaming the ****ing Ref for 42 years when you know you bum boys bottle it on penalties!!! Time to stop being racist at grassroots and let ethnics take over eh?! Every round was a penalty for FATTY!!!!

Good post, the Hatton fans (the vast majority being casual sports fans and loudmouth pissheads) will never quite grasp the fact that it was Floyd Mayweather Jr and not ref Cortez who threw the punches that repeatedly snapped Hattons head back and ultimately knocked him out. Give Tim Bradley another two fights and he'll have the beating of Hatton

The Wire
07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Timothy Bradley has the style to cause Hatton problems.

Fernando Torres
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Good post, the Hatton fans (the vast majority being casual sports fans and loudmouth pissheads) will never quite grasp the fact that it was Floyd Mayweather Jr and not ref Cortez who threw the punches that repeatedly snapped Hattons head back and ultimately knocked him out. Give Tim Bradley another two fights and he'll have the beating of HattonGood point about them being casual fans and pissheads. These are the same type of people who think Amir Khan is a British hope for a world title!

hookoutofhell
07-31-2008, 06:48 AM
none of the fighters at the minute can beat hatton at 140 - i think maybe paulie malignaggi in a couple of years will have the experience and knowledge coupled with hattons further demise. at the minute paulie is goin to get beat as someone said above he gets sucked into the brawls too much and those aren't his strength.

i dont think too much of holt or torres neither imo they are good fighters but riky could take either of them out.

i havet seen enough of bradley but again i cant see him winning against hatton, hattons pressure fighting will be toomuch for him.

i think the problem is that ricky is a very beatable fighter but the one fighter who could possibly beat him (witter) is no nowhere near to getting in the same ring as him.

personall it think rckys demise has been slightly exaggerated you would think reading some of thes posts that we were talking about a 43 yr old fighter ho had just come out of retirement!! hatton against lazcano was hurt multiple times yet he came straight back every time! plus he had a chest infection that affected him more than we knew.

imo hatton still has 2/3 good fights in him until we really start to see him slide. even then who knows a smart trainer could get hatton fighting properly and maybe protecting himself as he does fight, and get him to use his boxing skills.
________
Mazda 626 History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_626)

The Wire
07-31-2008, 07:07 AM
none of the fighters at the minute can beat hatton at 140 - i think maybe paulie malignaggi in a couple of years will have the experience and knowledge coupled with hattons further demise. at the minute paulie is goin to get beat as someone said above he gets sucked into the brawls too much and those aren't his strength.

i dont think too much of holt or torres neither imo they are good fighters but riky could take either of them out.

i havet seen enough of bradley but again i cant see him winning against hatton, hattons pressure fighting will be toomuch for him.

i think the problem is that ricky is a very beatable fighter but the one fighter who could possibly beat him (witter) is no nowhere near to getting in the same ring as him.

personall it think rckys demise has been slightly exaggerated you would think reading some of thes posts that we were talking about a 43 yr old fighter ho had just come out of retirement!! hatton against lazcano was hurt multiple times yet he came straight back every time! plus he had a chest infection that affected him more than we knew.

imo hatton still has 2/3 good fights in him until we really start to see him slide. even then who knows a smart trainer could get hatton fighting properly and maybe protecting himself as he does fight, and get him to use his boxing skills.
Good post...