View Full Version : Roy Jones Jr v.s. Mike Tyson!!!!!!!

Tanner Rhoden
07-16-2003, 09:19 PM
World Boxing Association heavyweight champion Roy Jones Jr. will defend his title in a stadium near Nairobi on Nov. 8, promoters said.

Akbar Muhammad, senior vice-president for Roy Jones Enterprises, said negotiations were at an advanced stage with former undisputed world champion Mike Tyson the most probable challenger.

"We are holding negotiations with Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis but the most probable opponent for Roy Jones will be Tyson," Muhammad told a news conference.

Jones defeated John Ruiz last March to become only the second light-heavyweight champion in history to win a world heavyweight title.

"Roy Jones has given a commitment to defend his title in Nairobi on Nov. 8 and he will be coming here on July 21 to show the world his commitment and to promote the fight but we have a month to confirm financial elements with multi-national corporations supposed to back the fight," said Muhammad.

He declined to disclose the total amount required to make the fight possible, only saying it was in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Officials said it would be the biggest fight in Africa since the Muhammad Ali-George Foreman "Rumble in the Jungle" heavyweight fight in Kinshasa in 1974.

The bout will be held at the 60,000-seater Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani, 15 km north of Nairobi.

http://ironlife.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7308

Kempo Chris
07-16-2003, 09:22 PM
holy crap

Bluecifer
07-16-2003, 09:22 PM
I love Jones and think that he's one of the greatest boxer's who's ever lived, but Mike Tyson is a really bad match-up for him. He'll kick his ass even faster than Lewis would.

lightweight
07-16-2003, 10:41 PM
hahahahahahaaaaaaa I want to see this.

I think he's got a chance, not a big one, but he could outbox the Tyson of today.

realkaps
07-16-2003, 10:51 PM
He could outbox Tyson, but he has never been hit with Tyson power before, Lewis or Tyson is a bad move for RJJ.....

Mr. Beelzebub
07-17-2003, 12:21 AM
Blue is right on the money on this one. Tyson is a lot faster than Lewis, and he cuts the ring and pushes opponents to the ropes. I don't think Jones could escape Tyson for the whole match.

The Ensanity
07-17-2003, 12:34 AM
He has a chance...not much...but a chance

Big_Papa
07-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Go RJJ. What ever happened to Evander Holyfield?

realkaps
07-17-2003, 11:20 AM
He is still boxing, he dont have a chance against none of the top ten. Chris Byrd used him as a heavy bag for 12 rounds a few months back....

Bzob
07-17-2003, 11:38 AM
I will beleive it when i have paid my pay er view charge and both opponets are in the ring.

Roy Jones is by far the better boxer, has decent punching power and is fast as a mother ****er.

Mike tyson- is older and can go 8 rounds getting his ass handed to him by the biggest of heavy weights. I doubt he can be k.od by Jones, but he will quadruple Tysons punching per round. So Tyson has to win Via K.O.

Tanner gave me a big chubby yesterday..thank you Tanner

Tanner Rhoden
07-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Bzob

Anytime.......uhhhhh............bi........no...... ..little guy.

Nuno
07-17-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bzob
I will beleive it when i have paid my pay er view charge and both opponets are in the ring.

Roy Jones is by far the better boxer, has decent punching power and is fast as a mother ****er.

Mike tyson- is older and can go 8 rounds getting his ass handed to him by the biggest of heavy weights. I doubt he can be k.od by Jones, but he will quadruple Tysons punching per round. So Tyson has to win Via K.O.

:stupid:

Tom
07-17-2003, 02:02 PM
I agree with Bzob but one thing. I don't believe Jones has punching power, he won't knock out Tyson, he won't knock out any heavyweight. WHEN has Jones knocked someone out? Whoa, Glen Kelly, and who the **** he is? How about before that? 98, Virgin Hill. He stops everyone getting a TKO. He is a great boxer and yadda yadda, I would love to see Mike to knock him the **** up.

KimuraMan
07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
The same things were said when the Ruiz fight was proposed, and what happened? Ruiz looked idotic for 12 rounds. Roy Jones by TKO 10th round.

Tom
07-17-2003, 11:07 PM
It will be UD by Jones or KO by Mike. Only way i see this boxing match going.

treelo
07-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Roy Jones will make Tyson look the fool he always has been, hes a fighter with a HUGE punch that used to have a lot of talent

that talent has long deserted him and only the punch remains

Jones by a HUGE decision

mmafanman
07-22-2003, 07:39 PM
If it did happen, I think Roy would outbox him. But this fight is not official yet, so there's a possibility that we may never even see it.

The Ensanity
07-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by lightweight
hahahahahahaaaaaaa I want to see this.

I think he's got a chance, not a big one, but he could outbox the Tyson of today. agreed

seldomTap
07-23-2003, 02:22 AM
Jones by ridiculous Tyson DQ...possibly for striking on ground. He is due for a true controversy

Curly Howard
07-23-2003, 02:28 AM
This could be a great match...If Tyson can get inside it's over...If RJJ can keep him outside throwing jabs like in his last fight he could get Tyson tired and win. If RJJ's chin was ever in question this would be a good fight to test it. Tyson would have to win it in the first 3 rounds. If it goes past that then RJJ by JD.

juzre
07-23-2003, 02:44 AM
I want to see tyson become the HVW champ again. even if it is at Roy Jones expense.

Bzob
07-23-2003, 10:04 AM
This fight will not happen. I have no faith

JasonLeonardOBE
07-23-2003, 11:50 AM
If Roy Jones wears his MC Hammer costume (the one with the funky glam collar) while walking up to the ring like in the old days he will be unbeatable.

Bluecifer
07-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by seldomTap
Jones by ridiculous Tyson DQ...possibly for striking on ground. He is due for a true controversy

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! LMFAO Seldom has a good point!! Tyson will be DQ's for oil checking! Ahhahahahahahahaha!!!

KimuraMan
07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Tyson fingering jones bung hole? it would be like Prison for Iron Mike all over again, he'd love it. That be the most horrying DQ in boxing history

DragonZero
07-25-2003, 05:43 AM
i would love to see that fight but i seriously doubt roy could hang with tyson's power but god that would be an awesome fight