View Full Version : So, what's happening with Alex Arthur?

Unanimous
05-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding future fights for Alex.

good_looking01
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding future fights for Alex.

A mate of mine said he heard that Arthur was going to fight Barrios. I don't know if this is ture as I haven't read it or heard it forom anyone else.

I personally would not be suprised if he had a handpicked defense while Kevin Mitchell fights again and then they meet at the end of 2008 / the start of 2009.

Sorry to be vague. Just repeating rumour!!!

dobermann28
05-28-2008, 04:08 AM
knowing frank warren,alex will waste his talent on some useless fighter just so he can maintian his belt!

i hate frank warren(worst matchmaker in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Unanimous
05-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I think it's obvious he will have a hand-picked fighter for the defense of his belt. I was just wondering if anyone had heard news which I'd missed. Guess not. Cheers anyhow.

TommyGunn.
05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
There is talk of Arthur fighting Kevin Mitchell later in the year, i dont know how much truth is in it though.

Kilrain
05-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Warren knows Arthur is a vulnerable fighter. He has failed to iron out his faults. In all honesty I was more impressed with a young Arthur who beat Dariusz Snarski than I am with the current incarnation. Back then he looked like he needed some more fights, to polish off the rough parts of his make-up and he'd be ready, really ready, a bonafide world-class fighter. He looked sterling. Nowadays what is he...he's a slow, but huge super-featherweight, with virtually no noteworthy aspects to his game. He telegraphs punches, he gets hit (A LOT!), he blows hot and cold, he runs out of ideas...he isn't world-class, in fact he's quite a bit off. Edwin Valero would frankly DECIMATE him...They'll be thankful Valero can't get approved to fight in much of the western world due to a failed brain scan a few years ago (Golden Boy tried to sign him). Barrios is a gutsy kid but Arthur, with home advantage too, would probably take him...The 130 lb division is terrible now.

They'll fight Mitchell in December, Arthur will take one more defence, and retire. I'm pretty certain. Retire having never fought a world class opponent. He's a big mouth