View Full Version : Penn Stops Sherk, Silva Murders Jardine, Ortiz Loses

BIGPOPPAPUMP
05-25-2008, 02:15 AM
LAS VEGAS: Lightweight champion B.J. (The Prodigy) Penn stopped Sean (The Muscle Shark) Sherk at UFC 84 on Saturday night when the former title holder was unable to continue after a third round in which he took a beating. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=933)]

th4l3pr3ch4un
05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I feel bad for ortiz though at times early on im not sure if he was really doing what he knew he needed to do to win the rounds. That lyoto is extremely elusive (i know joe rogan used that word a million times but it was very true) guy who would be a tough match up for anyone. Styles make fights and his style was not good for Tito at any point. I almost thought for sure that triangle was gonna hold in the third i got pretty excited but he slipped out. But props to lyoto im looking forward to seeing both of there next fights

nodogoshi
05-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Machida started out strong and faded as the fight went on. Tito was right there and fought pretty gamely despite dropping the first two rounds. At the start of the third I said to my friends that "Tito might drown him in this last round." He almost did.

Atnan
05-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Penn ruined sherks entire **** with that huge knee! of course he set it up with those hard jabs, and crosses!

Silva Murked Jardine! Dude is a beast, straight up knocked him out like i said!

Machida make a clown of tito- that knee in the third round floored tito nicee! He owned him for 3 rounds- easy decision!

The crotian did an awsome job- hard fight, great knock down and finish! He has tons of heart and incredible come back- he was almost out!