View Full Version : It looks like Kimbo and Tyson is going to happen.

boxingscenefan1
05-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I posted this link about Kimbo responding to Dana and Chuck.
http://mmayou.com/news-and-exclusive-interviews-with-mmayou/37-fighters/174-kimbo-slice-responds-to-dana-white-and-chuck-liddell

At the bottom of the interview Kimbo is asked if he is going to fight Tyson next to which he replies he has to keep it hush-hush. Shaw also said last week that he was interested in making this fight happen next. Shaw is also Tyson's former manager.

Is this a fight anyone would want to see?

On a good note it would be HUGE for MMA.

Spare Moody
05-24-2008, 05:30 PM
i'd rather see it in K-1

kaps
05-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Blown up street fighter vs washed up old fat boxer. Not interested...

sleazyfellow
05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
as stupid as it is it will bring money because its tyson....no matter how old or out of shape he is.

Kakutogi-Gumi
05-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Ok. Two questions. Three actually.

1.) Who is MMAYou?
2.) How the hell did they score a media pass?
3.) Why is it that none of the main sites aren't reporting this, yet this dinky lil site is?

boxingscenefan1
05-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Ok. Two questions. Three actually.

1.) Who is MMAYou?
2.) How the hell did they score a media pass?
3.) Why is it that none of the main sites aren't reporting this, yet this dinky lil site is?

1. They have done interviews with Kimbo, Bas Rutten, Jason Miller, Shogun, Sherk, Cung Le, The Gracies, The Machados, and more. That is just off the top of my head. That's why I'm always posting their interviews because they're awesome.

2. If they can get a hold of all those people they can probably get a media pass.

3. Few other sites have talked about this; MMAJunkie.com and Sherdog.com did as well.

Verstyle
05-24-2008, 11:41 PM
1. They have done interviews with Kimbo, Bas Rutten, Jason Miller, Shogun, Sherk, Cung Le, The Gracies, The Machados, and more. That is just off the top of my head. That's why I'm always posting their interviews because they're awesome.

2. If they can get a hold of all those people they can probably get a media pass.

3. Few other sites have talked about this; MMAJunkie.com and Sherdog.com did as well.

Yet all together none of those ppl compare to Tyson. So thats not a valid enough reason on how they got the scoop and other ppl didn't.

boxingscenefan1
05-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Yet all together none of those ppl compare to Tyson. So thats not a valid enough reason on how they got the scoop and other ppl didn't.

They talked to Kimbo, not Tyson. You have it backwards.

neils7147933
05-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Kimbo didn't confirm anything. He was very careful and guarded with his interview. If there was any chance of this happening in the future, there's no reason for him to comment on it now.

PS : Saying you have to keep it hush-hush to a REPORTER isn't keeping it hush-hush

Kakutogi-Gumi
05-25-2008, 09:49 AM

1. We got those names when I worked with MMA Madness. Doing interviews with those guys is nothing new.

2. Even when the Madness interviewed said people, they couldn't score big media passes like this.

3. Links?

King Koopa
05-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Does Tyson really need the money that bad?

Verstyle
05-25-2008, 12:30 PM

I know what you meant, unless they talked to Tyson I don't believe it. I guess you read it wrong.

boxingscenefan1
05-25-2008, 03:44 PM
I know what you meant, unless they talked to Tyson I don't believe it. I guess you read it wrong.

I gotcha.

Here Royal:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4350/gary-shaw-open-to-kimbo-vs-mike-tyson-bout.mma

neils7147933
05-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I gotcha.

Here Royal:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4350/gary-shaw-open-to-kimbo-vs-mike-tyson-bout.mma
That article looks like a National Enquirer article.

Of course Gary Shaw is open to Tyson vs. Kimbo, why wouldn't he be - he hasn't even talked to Tyson and he hasn't had to think through how much money would be involved or any other terms. He's open to anything that would make money. This is a non-story til anything real develops...

makaveli_uk
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Lol Tyson wont fight in his state.