View Full Version : Which belt is the best ?

dazzzzy
05-24-2008, 04:05 PM
hey guys i am a boxing fan but have only seriously been a mega fan for the past 1-2 years. now i am a footballer by trade but i use boxing training for balance agility and stamina , since i been using boxing for my fitness i been watchin alot more of boxing, and u see these fighters with different belts, now i dont know personally which is the best if there is one? i like the wbc but thats just because of apperance, replies will be excellent thank you.

T-97
05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
The WBC is the most prestigious.

Kilrain
05-24-2008, 04:08 PM
WBC is generally considered the most prestigious, then the IBF and WBA. Those are the three titles a fighter needs to win to be deemed "undisputed" (though a bunch of fighters call themselves undisputed; like David Haye; without winning them all). WBO comes fourth. No other belts matter. Except for the Ring magazine belt which the Bible of boxing awards to the supposed "best" fighters in each division, the linear champions.

05-24-2008, 04:08 PM
to be honest, all of them are ****. each organization is corrupt and will gladly manipulate for you if you can get them money. If i was a pro fighter, i really wouldn't fight for belts, but more for the glory of taken down big prime names.

WLAD OWNS
05-24-2008, 04:10 PM
The Ring belt is the most prestigious.

niceguy45
WBC , IBO sucks

AntonTheMeh
the wba is the oldest,the wbc is the most crooked the ibf is i don't give a **** and the wbo are the party crashers.the ring mag belt is losing cred.

warp1432
05-24-2008, 04:45 PM
The Ring belt. They haven't done anything yet to lose their credibility.

Ryn0
05-24-2008, 04:50 PM
The Ring belt. They haven't done anything yet to lose their credibility.
apart from the the ring mag being sold to DLH????

DWiens421
05-24-2008, 04:55 PM
apart from the the ring mag being sold to DLH????

I mean...

Even if Oscar has the control of the magazine, he isn't a Ring champion. No vacant ring belts have been decided in stupid matchups.

The only vacant one since Oscar bought the magazine was Pacquiao vs. Marquez, and if you don't think that was justified, you are out of your mind.

The Ring belt has been using the same rules it always has.

Like warp said, it hasn't lost any credibility to this point.

That being said, the Ring belt is clearly the most legitimate... it is always the linear champion or a guy who has set himself apart from the crowd if there was no previous champion.

Other than that, it is considered that the WBC, WBA and IBF are the best, closely followed by the WBO. The WBO is still the "new guy" of the group, but is becoming more and more recognized as legitimate.

Xplosivo
05-24-2008, 04:59 PM
http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50092029/Men_s_Fashion_Belt.jpg

AntonTheMeh
05-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I mean...

Even if Oscar has the control of the magazine, he isn't a Ring champion. No vacant ring belts have been decided in stupid matchups.

The only vacant one since Oscar bought the magazine was Pacquiao vs. Marquez, and if you don't think that was justified, you are out of your mind.

The Ring belt has been using the same rules it always has.

Like warp said, it hasn't lost any credibility to this point.

That being said, the Ring belt is clearly the most legitimate... it is always the linear champion or a guy who has set himself apart from the crowd if there was no previous champion.

Other than that, it is considered that the WBC, WBA and IBF are the best, closely followed by the WBO. The WBO is still the "new guy" of the group, but is becoming more and more recognized as legitimate.

thats not the point.that like if david stern owned the knicks and ran the nba at the same time.

Feint
05-24-2008, 05:01 PM
It's more about the boxer than the belt he holds. If Klitschko gave up all his belts tomorrow except for the IBO one, would anyone really consider whoever was awarded those belts as being more prestigious? I doubt it.

DWiens421
05-24-2008, 05:03 PM
thats not the point.that like if david stern owned the knicks and ran the nba at the same time.

Not really. It's not like the Ring magazine awards decisions to fighters.

Innocent until proven guilty I say. Golden Boy hasn't done anything out of line with their belt yet.

warp1432
05-24-2008, 05:08 PM
No because the NBA is different because they have to face everyone and they have win or losses. They don't decide who they face.

The Ring is smart enough to realize if they favor their fighters then they lose crediblity. They haven't done anything that would make them lose it. The WBC has favored their fighters (Rudy Lopez against Naoki Matsuda), the WBA is a joke, IBF is good somewhat but they had that scandal in the 90s, WBO is pretty much owned by Frank Warren.

The Ring has always had the same policies and they haven't changed since then.

The Texican
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
The Ring Championship Belt is the only belt that can't be won without throwing a punch. To be the man, you have to beat the man. It signifies the linear champion, and thus, the history of boxing. Plus Rocky Balboa wore it.

AntonTheMeh
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Not really. It's not like the Ring magazine awards decisions to fighters.

Innocent until proven guilty I say. Golden Boy hasn't done anything out of line with their belt yet.

nope not for me.i don't trust him our them anymore.just the assumption is enough.