View Full Version : Lee Murray defeats Pele @ Extreme Forces

Zen
07-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Englands Lee Murray knocked out Jose "Pele" Landi in the 2nd round of their fight in Extreme forces held in England. From what I've read Pele won the first round. Pele got a muay thai clinch I believe early in round 2 and was looking to knee. Murray created space with his left hand and dropped him with a right hook, Pele was apparently KTFO but Murray went in for the finish when the fight was stopped by the referee. Not sure if it was officialy a TKO or KO.

Dana White was already on the UG seeking contact info for Lee Murray or his management. Expect to be seeing him in the UFC in the near future.

Mr. Beelzebub
07-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Damn. I can't believe Pele lost his comeback fight

Tanner Rhoden
07-14-2003, 11:18 AM
WINNER

Lee Murray - Jose 'Pele' Landi (KO)

Jean Silva - Robbie Oliver Submission (Triangle Choke)

Jason Black - Michael Johnson Submission (Choke)

Cyrille Diabate - James Zikic Decision (Unanimous)

Alex Evans - James Schiavo Submission (Exhaustion)

Tengiz Tedoradze - Remco Pardoel Submission (Strikes)

Neil McLeod - Ricky Salhan Submission (Armbar)

Gaz Roriston - Mark Day Submission (Rear Naked Choke)

Tanner Rhoden
07-14-2003, 11:40 AM
http://sfuk.tripod.com/events_03/ef1_weighlee.jpg

lightweight
07-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Isn't that the punch that knocked Tito out?

:crazy2:

It sucks Pele lost, I hope he rebounds well from this.

Tanner Rhoden
07-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by lightweight
Isn't that the punch that knocked Tito out?

****, I wish people would get the story right just once so I don't have to explain what happened again.........**** it, I won't.

Piedra
07-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Tito vs. Murray must happen!

Bluecifer
07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Is what really happened in a thread somewhere? I would love to get the REAL story!

lightweight
07-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Tanner Rhoden
****, I wish people would get the story right just once so I don't have to explain what happened again.........**** it, I won't.

Please don't get hot and bothered over what I said, it was purely a joke. I don't know what exactly happened that night, there's 10 different stories that surfaced about what happened so I have a general idea, but I just said it as a joke.

Bluecifer
07-14-2003, 03:33 PM
I wish I knew what really happened.

Zen
07-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Murray would have to pack on some serious lbs. to fight Tito. Look for him to be in the middleweight division.

I'm telling you right now, the fight needs to be Baroni Murray at UFC45. I should be the damn UFC matchmaker.

Lindland vs. the guy he lost to last time. Where he knocked himself out.

Winners fight a 46 or 47. Boom, we finally have a middleweight champ, it only took 2 years.

Tanner Rhoden
07-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Nothing personal, lightweight. I just wish I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me what exactly happened.

purerockfury
07-14-2003, 08:46 PM
i heard that pulver was going to fight on that card

realkaps
07-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Man, that sucks. I would rather see Pele in the UFC instead of Lee Murray. I cant believe Pele lost.....

Zen
07-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by purerockfury
i heard that pulver was going to fight on that card

I'm pretty sure he broke some ribs. Gonna be out for like 6 to 8 weeks.

RuleOfSteel
07-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Zen420
Murray would have to pack on some serious lbs. to fight Tito. Look for him to be in the middleweight division.

I'm telling you right now, the fight needs to be Baroni Murray at UFC45. I should be the damn UFC matchmaker.

Lindland vs. the guy he lost to last time. Where he knocked himself out.

Winners fight a 46 or 47. Boom, we finally have a middleweight champ, it only took 2 years.
Since that seems like a good plan it will never happen.
The UFC will just not mention the vacant middleweight title while they still hold middleweight fights. Just like the lightweight title.

Leather
07-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by kaps
Man, that sucks. I would rather see Pele in the UFC instead of Lee Murray. I cant believe Pele lost.....

Agreed, Pele could be an attractive choice to UFC...He against Baroni...