View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Is Mike Tyson going to fight Kimbo Slice?!

Texasboy34
05-15-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't know if this **** is true or not... if they keep it as a boxing match, and just punch I'd give Mike a pretty decent shot at beating Kimbo. If it is by MMA rules Mike has no ****ing chance...

May 15, 2008. The fight world is about to change. MediaTakeOut.com just EXCLUSIVELY learned that former heavyweight boxing champ has tentatively agreed to fight internet streetfighter Kimbo Slice under ProElite’s live fight division, EliteXC.

According to an insider at the company, Mike and Kimbo are set to fight "late this year or early next." But first things first, Kimbo has to win his fight next Saturday night against James "Colossus" Thompson. A fight that or insider claims is "going to be tough."

Developing...

http://www.mediatakeout.com/23628/mma_blockbuster_deal_mike_tyson_to_sign_contract_t o_fight_internet_fighter_kimbo_slice.html

MoneyINC
05-15-2008, 09:15 PM
hahaha man i rather see Mike try and come back to the ring, **** Kimbo, **** ill put 20K on Mike!

2swell k-wells
05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
its not gonna happen....cause nobody like kimbo can beat the COLLOSUSS!!

ŠÅK®ÍF¥ÇÉ™
05-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I've Been Asking For Opinions On This Fight For The Last Couple Years Kind Of A Dream Fight...if This **** Goes Down On Some Strictly Boxing Iron Mike Is Layin Kimmy Out..otherwise It's A Toss-up..i Always Get Swarmed With Arguments Sayin Kimbo Would Ktfo Of Tyson..i Highly Doubt That Tho

Virgil Caine
05-15-2008, 11:36 PM
They should fight boxing rules with MMA gloves.

Pecs
05-16-2008, 06:10 AM
They should fight boxing rules with MMA gloves.

wow! A hook from tyson with mma gloves will be DEADLYYYYY!

Blair_Wells#32
05-16-2008, 07:12 AM
as much as i hate Kimbo, he'd win this fight, the people pulling his strings would not allow him 2 stand with Tyson an he would do the same thing he did last time he fought a washed up boxer take him down an win with a half assed guillatine choke.
i wish this guy would just get out of mma already with his circus fights.

neils7147933
05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Remember that long Tyson K-1 career.

And the long Mike Tyson World Tour that started in Youngstown, OH and went...ummm

And of course the Tyson-Holyfield III bout that happened

Yep, I'm pretty sure this bout is all but done...(smilie)

1bad65
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
No way this will hapen. Mike quit fighting cause he said his heart was not in it anymore. He could have made alot more money in boxing just being a test for up and coming guys. No way he will fight in a circus for pennies.

But Blair is right, Kimbo's handlers would love this fight, another washed-up, retired boxer for their guy to fight.

kaps
05-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Tyson is way out of shape, has no MMA experience, and Kimbo wouldn't trade with him. It's just another ploy to make Kimbo look better than he is....

Kakutogi-Gumi
05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Mediatakeout.com is a false site.

They reported that Ray Lewis signed with UFC.

If you believe that, you're ****ing retarded.

Palma
05-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Poor Mike must be hurtin for cash...Again!

Texasboy34
05-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Mediatakeout.com is a false site.

Some **** is bogus.. some **** is true. As I said "I don't know if its true..." Just speculation... Are you the resident internet :cop:?

As broke as Mike is I wouldn't put it past him. Besides the LONGEST he'd have to fight is 15 minutes. If he feels like he could hang in there with him for a ton of money he might do it. His days of headlining PPV's in boxing are over IMO, and he would need a circus act like this to generate enough interest in the public for people to want to pay and watch it.

th4l3pr3ch4un
05-17-2008, 10:04 PM
prime tyson puts kimbo in a ****ing coma period

kaps
05-18-2008, 12:09 AM
prime tyson puts kimbo in a ****ing coma period

Unless he gets taken down right away. Period...

th4l3pr3ch4un
05-18-2008, 12:40 AM
lol your hilarious if you think kimbo would beat a prime mike in ANY type of fight

kaps
05-18-2008, 02:03 PM
lol your hilarious if you think kimbo would beat a prime mike in ANY type of fight

It's more hilarious that you think one dementional boxers can stop a good double leg....

x3_bazooka_x3
05-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Kimbo will not fight Mike he will do to Mike what he did with Mercer he will choke the man until he taps out, Bottom line is MMA is so ****ed and has so little money that they have to call on old respected boxers to come out of retirement to help sell the events they are putting together, MMA needs boxing.
whos next now? Larry Holmes vs Slice? or Big George? I mean come on Kimbo have some self respect.

Virgil Caine
05-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Bottom line is MMA is so ****ed and has so little money that they have to call on old respected boxers to come out of retirement to help sell the events they are putting together, MMA needs boxing.
whos next now? Larry Holmes vs Slice? or Big George? I mean come on Kimbo have some self respect.

Bull****. If a promoter can sell tickets by putting a boxer in the ring he will. Simple as that.

x3_bazooka_x3
05-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Bull****. If a promoter can sell tickets by putting a boxer in the ring he will. Simple as that.

Exactly meaning MMA is simply trying to maximize their potential Gross by finding boxers who are willing to fight, in other words they are using former boxers who are way past their better years to make a case that MMA is better than Boxing, I am sorry but beating a washed up Mercer by way of choking the man is nothing to be proud of, and fighting Tyson who is in his mid 40s is nothing to be proud of either, its about the money for them but the reason they want boxers there is so that they can argue that MMA fighters are simply better than Boxers.
Which is not the case at all if that were true they would be proving it in the Boxing ring as well not once has any MMA fighter that I recall ever stepped foot in a boxing ring.

Don Corleone
05-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't think that they want to show everyone that they are better than boxers but its a huge fight no matter what the circumstances, they would generate a lot of money and boost their popularity which is what they need, BTW, Anderson Silva tried to fight RJJ but UFC president Dana White didn't allow it so theirs an example

Virgil Caine
05-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Exactly meaning MMA is simply trying to maximize their potential Gross by finding boxers who are willing to fight, in other words they are using former boxers who are way past their better years to make a case that MMA is better than Boxing, I am sorry but beating a washed up Mercer by way of choking the man is nothing to be proud of, and fighting Tyson who is in his mid 40s is nothing to be proud of either, its about the money for them but the reason they want boxers there is so that they can argue that MMA fighters are simply better than Boxers.
Which is not the case at all if that were true they would be proving it in the Boxing ring as well not once has any MMA fighter that I recall ever stepped foot in a boxing ring.
Alot of MMA guys have fought in boxing matches. Nick Diaz, KJ Noons, Jens Pulver, Ricco Rodriguez, Travis Fulton, and a number of others. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira won the South American amatuer games in boxing and took bronze in the Pan-Am games. Anderson Silva, one of the most popular fighters in the whole sport of MMA, has been trying to put a fight together with Roy Jones but Dana White's been being too much of a ***** about it. The list goes on and on.

kaps
05-18-2008, 11:45 PM
MMA fighters are better than boxers, at MMA. Boxers are better than MMA fighters, in boxing.....

Virgil Caine
05-19-2008, 12:02 AM
MMA fighters are better than boxers, at MMA. Boxers are better than MMA fighters, in boxing.....
I agree, but there are guys that can do both, its about the athletes really. For instance, Vitali Klitschko was a kickboxing champion. Personally I can't stand the MMA vs boxing ****, but I just wanted to point out that a lot of MMA guys can in fact box, and there are surely plenty of boxers who could do great in MMA if properly trained.

mgkirkpatrick
05-19-2008, 08:05 AM
i doubt this is happening.. but id love to see it boxing rules mma gloves.. we'll see what that iron chin is like..

as a sidenote i dont see someone of kimbo's calibre shooting on a prime mike tyson without eating something..

Kakutogi-Gumi
05-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello!?!

It's Bull****! The Site That Reported This Is Bull****!

Ahkil®
05-21-2008, 10:28 PM
it is just like this...

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/gp2a/knockout_kings_2001_lr_3.jpg

Talon
05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
wow! A hook from tyson with mma gloves will be DEADLYYYYY!

yeah remember what houston alexander did to jardine with punches? tyson would probably hit someone so hard in the head they flew across the ring head first. his uppercut would definately send someone flying up in the air?

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-22-2008, 04:17 PM
as much as i hate Kimbo, he'd win this fight, the people pulling his strings would not allow him 2 stand with Tyson an he would do the same thing he did last time he fought a washed up boxer take him down an win with a half assed guillatine choke.
i wish this guy would just get out of mma already with his circus fights.

Ahhhhh so now you admit you hate Kimbo.....nice, that's all I wanted.

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
kimbo would beat Tyson because Tyson is DONE......it's over for him he's seen his better days.

Now in his prime, Tyson would have ko'd anyone in MMA out.

Verstyle
05-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Kimbo has a watered down version of Tyson's style. It would be crazy.