View Full Version : Its Official Bjj Showdown Mir Vs Nogueira!!!!

Dice
05-12-2008, 07:05 PM
I didnt think it would happen but according to Yahoo Sports (and as reported by someone on this site) Mir and Nogueira will coach TUF which sets a Heavyweight Showdown thats surely gonna be a submission match.

I think Frank Mir is vastly underrated and is a serious talent, Nogueria tho(man I hate spellin this guys last name!) is just too durable tho and has a GRANITE CHIN.

I think Antonio pulls this one out

Atnan
05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
pe da pano pwned mir on the ground-
nog is better in pe da pano on the ground along with being better in every other category-

if nog/mir ever goes down, I kno for a fact mir is gonna try and keep it standing at all cost- he doesnt wanna get subbed in front everyone

Virgil Caine
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
nog is better in pe da pano on the ground along with being better in every other category-

if nog/mir ever goes down, I kno for a fact mir is gonna try and keep it standing at all cost- he doesnt wanna get subbed in front everyone

With Nogs boxing skills I see him have the advantage standing or on the ground. I think its still an exciting match up though.

Don Corleone
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
This is a great matchup, and both have won big in their last fights, but Nog can't speak english well so I don't think they should've put it on TUF and instead just made a normal fight. The reason if probobly because there aren't any big competitors and they want to search for more fighters to get so the belt can't won't be defended often for now

Dice
05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
This is a great matchup, and both have won big in their last fights, but Nog can't speak english well so I don't think they should've put it on TUF and instead just made a normal fight. The reason if probobly because there aren't any big competitors and they want to search for more fighters to get so the belt can't won't be defended often for now

According to the article they actually want Nog to be a big star and feel telling his life story on tv (the crash as a kid) will get people to flock to him, lol poor Mir is always second fiddle

Kakutogi-Gumi
05-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Totally weak.

Atnan
05-13-2008, 01:11 AM
nor does frank have any real KNOCK Out Power- i dont see how he stands a chance winning this

Spare Moody
05-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Nogueria tho(man I hate spellin this guys last name!) is just too durable tho and has a GRANITE CHIN.

that's what happens when you get run over by a truck as a youth.

kaps
05-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Nog wins this standing, see Dice, it's alot easyer if you just call him Nog....

Dice
05-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Nog wins this standing, see Dice, it's alot easyer if you just call him Nog....

lol yea its much easier, but I dont see this as a standing fight, Mir is actually a lil better suited for standin due to his training in Muy Tai, and on paper it looks evenly matched for the ground both are trained in BJJ, Frank in wrestling, Nog in Judo, but Nog has so many more big wins and withstood much worst punishment that I think he's gonna win and I would love for him to snap Couture like a twig still you shouldnt count Mir out

kaps
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Nog's boxing is far better than anything I've ever seen from Mir standing, I'd have to give Nog the edge in the BJJ Department too....

YUHHHHHHH!
05-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Since when does who you beat decide who you are capable of beating? This isn't Water Polo, learn your sports.

I like both fighters.

Atnan
05-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Since when does who you beat decide who you are capable of beating? This isn't Water Polo, learn your sports.

I like both fighters.

lol- styles makes fights- im dont use mma math (if you look at previous post, you would no that) but you havent and need to get ur mind right! Nog has beatin every type of fighter (strikers, wrestlers, grapplers, bjj experts, etc...) while at the same time Mir has trouble with guys who are better on the ground them him (such as pe da pano who compeletely owned him)...LOL you truly no nothing-

Mir doesnt have a single advantage in this fight besides age (knock out power, up to par striking, along with a ****ty gas tank- are the biggest factors in why i think mir is going to lose this fight)...mir has only beat guys with ****ty ground games, he is most likely terrified of going to the ground with nog (i think yah forget about ian freeman dominating him lol-) get at me ***** boy

Dice
05-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Yo Antan when did Pe De Pano and Mir fight? Thatd actually be a fight i'd want to see, was it a MMA fight cuz If I remember correctly Mir has 3 losses to Freeman, Cruz, and Vera.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
lol- styles makes fights- im dont use mma math (if you look at previous post, you would no that) but you havent and need to get ur mind right! Nog has beatin every type of fighter (strikers, wrestlers, grapplers, bjj experts, etc...) while at the same time Mir has trouble with guys who are better on the ground them him (such as pe da pano who compeletely owned him)...LOL you truly no nothing-

Mir doesnt have a single advantage in this fight besides age (knock out power, up to par striking, along with a ****ty gas tank- are the biggest factors in why i think mir is going to lose this fight)...mir has only beat guys with ****ty ground games, he is most likely terrified of going to the ground with nog (i think yah forget about ian freeman dominating him lol-) get at me ***** boy

Doesn't matter who you've beaten. If you think that way, I wouldn't think you'd go far in betting.

Atnan
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Doesn't matter who you've beaten. If you think that way, I wouldn't think you'd go far in betting.

if you beat every top fighter in your weight class (such as anderson silva has)...Im pretty sure your gonna win bets on him facing a non top 10 fighter such as Jason Day, Kendall Grove, or even Cote! You truly have no idea what your talking about- just quit while your ahead!

YUHHHHHHH!
05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
if you beat every top fighter in your weight class (such as anderson silva has)...Im pretty sure your gonna win bets on him facing a non top 10 fighter such as Jason Day, Kendall Grove, or even Cote! You truly have no idea what your talking about- just quit while your ahead!

You get pretty angry over the internet don't you. Come see me please if you lay in Brooklyn.

Atnan
05-15-2008, 12:17 PM
You get pretty angry over the internet don't you. Come see me please if you lay in Brooklyn.

Me angry? :ugh: you a clown! Im way to intelligent to get mad over what fools say! You truly are a noob thou, trying to pick an actual fight over an internet forum lol how childish :owned:

drink your :bottle: and get your mind right

number6
05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
This is a completely undeserved title shot, Vera and Werdum must be gutted.

Nog takes this with ease.

2swell k-wells
05-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I posted this about a week or 2 ago, but mine was a rumor. Good post man.

Blair_Wells#32
05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
:omfg: Nobodies giving Mir a Chance :lol1: i think its way 2 early 2 count out anyone in this fight, right now yup Nog seems like the better fighter, but the fights not goin 2 b til what the fall or winter?
i think if Mir brings in the right people 2 train with him he can suprise some of ya.
hell even Herring with his sloppy ass striking almost knocked out Nog in their UFC fight, and a in shape Mir i believe he will have Alot of power in his hands an kicks.
if it were 2 happen now i'd have 2 go with Nog 2 just out of pure heart an talent, but by fight time all those months from now i would not b suprised if Mir walked home with Nogs arm.

kaps
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
:omfg: Nobodies giving Mir a Chance :lol1: i think its way 2 early 2 count out anyone in this fight, right now yup Nog seems like the better fighter, but the fights not goin 2 b til what the fall or winter?
i think if Mir brings in the right people 2 train with him he can suprise some of ya.
hell even Herring with his sloppy ass striking almost knocked out Nog in their UFC fight, and a in shape Mir i believe he will have Alot of power in his hands an kicks.
if it were 2 happen now i'd have 2 go with Nog 2 just out of pure heart an talent, but by fight time all those months from now i would not b suprised if Mir walked home with Nogs arm.

I would, Nog is a warrior, That Herring kick would've koed any other HW in the world, except maybe Hunt. There is not one aspect of the fight game that Mir is better than Noguera at, including Cardio and Heart.....

Spare Moody
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
everybody's almost knocked out Nog. the guy has taken more devistating blows to the face than any fighter i've ever seen. point being, he's never been knocked out. he's also never been submitted.

now we all know anything can happen in MMA but, when you look at the statistics, i think the only thing Mir's got goin for him is a lucky fluke...

Virgil Caine
05-17-2008, 04:57 AM
There's a difference between not giving Mir a chance and picking Nog as a clear favorite, which he is.

Atnan
05-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Yo Antan when did Pe De Pano and Mir fight? Thatd actually be a fight i'd want to see, was it a MMA fight cuz If I remember correctly Mir has 3 losses to Freeman, Cruz, and Vera.

lol cruz is pe da pano! come mon now!

Dice
05-19-2008, 06:44 PM
lol cruz is pe da pano! come mon now!

yea son my bad is was mookin off E, son high out my mind, but good lookin on correctin me anyways, and you and movebricks need to chill fam dead that E-Beef and get money thats how east coast do NJ but much love to NY

Atnan
05-20-2008, 01:32 PM
yea son my bad is was mookin off E, son high out my mind, but good looking on correctin me anyways, and you and movebricks need to chill fam dead that E-Beef and get money thats how east coast do NJ but much love to NY

ill bury the hatchet, its all love! NY and NJ stay working together so its all good!