View Full Version : Leben Vs Bisping Off???

Blair_Wells#32
05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
from fightline.com

Chris Leben has been sentenced to 35-days in jail according to MMAWeekly. The penalty is a result of a probation violation stemming from a 2005 DUI.
Leben turned himself in on probation violation charges last week in an attempt to acquire a visa to get to London in time for his fight with Michael Bisping at UFC 85. However, Leben will have under two weeks from the date that he is set to be released from jail until the time of the event in London. This makes it unlikely that he'll have enough time to prepare for the event though there has been no word from UFC officials at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
this sucks i was lookin forward2 Bisping being KO'd.....

Naps
05-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda happy cos I love both these guys and didn't want to see one of them lose.

However, Bisping would batter Leben no doubt.

Savino
05-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Shame he aint in a prison jail he would of been out after 3days.

Mickey Gomez
05-09-2008, 11:31 PM
What's the bets Lebel will go ahead with the fight.

Blair_Wells#32
05-09-2008, 11:44 PM
The UFC confirmed today that highly touted star Michael "The Count" Bisping will now face UFC newcomer Jason "Dooms" Day at UFC 85 in London, England on June 7th. Day will be replacing Chris Leben who had to drop the fight due to legal problems that would keep him from being to train until only 12 days before the fight.
Bisping is on quite a career roll with a stunning 15-1 record with wins over the likes of fighters such as Elvis Sinosic, Josh Haynes and Matt Hamil. His only defeat was a close split decision against powerhouse wrestler Rashad Evans, who also owned a blemish free record before and since that fight, at UFC 78 - a headlining fight.

Day will surely look to crash Bispings rising star back to earth in their upcoming bout. Having only gone to a decision once in his solid 17-5 pro career, Day expects it to be a tough fight for both but is confident that he'll be the one with his hand raised at the end of the night.

***8220;If you take a look at me and Bisping, we***8217;re both well-rounded fighters, both very well-conditioned, and we both have a reputation for being tough and durable,***8221; said Day. ***8220;So I think this has Fight of The Night written all over it, and maybe even Fight of The Year. I think it***8217;s gonna be an awesome fight. I***8217;ve got a lot of respect for him and it sounds like he***8217;s not gonna take me lightly either.***8221;

What started off as a fight card in peril with both original headliners, Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, having had to pull out due to injuries (a torn hamstring and knee surgery, respectively) has turned into a very solid card. While there may not be any belts on the line on June 7th, this car certainly has some of the more elite fighters in the UFC facing off against one another.

Don Corleone
05-10-2008, 12:01 AM
This would've been an interesting fight but I think Bisping would take it

Brian13
05-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Bisping will probably win either by TKO or Doctor Stoppage

Blair_Wells#32
05-10-2008, 02:28 PM
iono i feel like Bisping would have Lost 2 Leben.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Anderson Silva will just KO whoever wins anyways.

CardioMonster
05-13-2008, 04:48 PM
the only thing leben has going for him is a hard head. In 10 years time people with his level of talent wont be anywhere near pro MMA. Bisping isn`t exactly great either, but he would beat leben up.

Atnan
05-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Both leben and bisping are at their BEST "B" class mma fighters! I do think bisping has a chance to improve his ranking and eventually become top 5-10, where as Leben really has no room for improvement due to the fact he will never grow up and mature!

Blair_Wells#32
05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
actualy leben has grown up an matured quite a bit recently, have u been watching his fights an catching his interviews lately?
he seems far from the guy who was on tuf 1.

Naps
05-16-2008, 12:32 AM
actualy leben has grown up an matured quite a bit recently, have u been watching his fights an catching his interviews lately?
he seems far from the guy who was on tuf 1.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE THE LEBENATOR!!

But.....

I fail to see how he has matured, when he is missing a fight due to being in jail. I've seen the interviews you refer to, but it's just a front, and still think he is as crazy as he ever was.

Virgil Caine
05-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE THE LEBENATOR!!

But.....

I fail to see how he has matured, when he is missing a fight due to being in jail. I've seen the interviews you refer to, but it's just a front, and still think he is as crazy as he ever was.
He's in jail because of a 3 year old probation violation, which would've stopped him from getting a visa to go fight Bisping anyway. Its not from anything he did recently.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Chris Leben is a joke.

Naps
05-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Chris Leben is a legend.

I agree.......

Blair_Wells#32
05-17-2008, 06:34 PM
wow the leben hate is obvious, but i still believe he woulda whooped bisping if they fought.
no way Bisping wins this fight after being worked over by hamill's stand up.
Leben has some heavy hands and a rock for a chin.

Atnan
05-17-2008, 07:19 PM
wow the leben hate is obvious, but i still believe he woulda whooped bisping if they fought.
no way Bisping wins this fight after being worked over by hamill's stand up.
Leben has some heavy hands and a rock for a chin.

i don't see how hes really improved- he relies on sloppy striking and his iron chin! silva exposed him in the worst way! until i see him use a jab, and throw straight punches i will not buy the leben hype!

th4l3pr3ch4un
05-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Leben is always an exciting fighter and could be a tough fight for almost anybody cuz he shows up to fight. And his conditioning and training has stepped up quite a bit. Bispbing on the other hand.. dude is an *******, he got a GIFT decision in the fight where we all know he lost to Matt the hammer hammill, and then talked **** after the fight when Matt the clear winner was very humble. But its too bad this fight isnt happening anymore.