View Full Version : For anyone who is looking to pack on muscle...

spinksjinx
10-29-2004, 11:13 AM
I was digging through my old folders and I came across my old lifting routine, Now this routine is pretty vigorous and will work every muscle in your body and turn you inside out, I used it when I was lifting and was putting on 1-2 pounds a week from it...If you are interested in building solid muscle and such this is for you....

THIS IS NOT TO BE USED FOR BOXING OR TO GET LEAN, THIS IS FOR BULK!

Monday-Back and Biceps

BACK
T-Bar rows-10x8x6
Deadlifts-10x8x6
Lateral Raises-10x8x6

Biceps
Barbell curls-10x8x6
Concentration preacher curls or Concentration curls I alternate every other week-10x8x6
Alternating dumbell curls-10x8x6
Hammer Curls-10x10x10

Tuesday-Chest Triceps

Chest
Flat bench press-10x8x6
Incline Bench press-10x8x6
Dumbell flyes (use machine or regular weights) I prefer machine-10x8x6

Triceps
Dumbell Kickbacks-Most bend over I like to stand up no swinging either or it will be useless squeeze at the end of the kick and count to 2 or 3-10x8x6

Skullcrushers-10x8x6-BE CAREFUL!
Also you can replace skullcrushers with dips. A lot of people seem to end up with tennis elbow doing skullcrushers.

Tricep Pulldowns-10x8x6 count to 3 then let up really squeeze the tricep this exercise will fry your triceps and make you beg for mercy afterwards if done properly.

Wednesday-HIIT CARDIO 15-20 minutes

Thursday Shoulders

Barbell front press-10x8x6
Lateral Raises-10x10x10
Rear Lateral raises-10x10x10
Shrugs-10x10x10x10-Keep good form when shrugging shoulders up count to 2 then let down dont jerk up either.

Friday-Legs
Squats-10x10x10-Make sure you dont go down to far use your weight bench as a guide on how far to go down
Standing calve raises-10x10x10-I like to do this with my feet hanging off of a stair or a block is good.
Leg Extensions-10x8x6
Stiff-Legged deadlifts-10x8x6

Saturday-HIIT CARDIO 15-20 minutes on bike

Sunday-ZZZZZZ

Ab exercises are to be done each day, I prefer crunches/bicycle crunches/seated twists 25x4

Enjoy!

rice89
10-30-2004, 12:35 AM
that seems like a good workout.. Spinks can u do me a favour and check the topic "i need advice" and read my first post and tell me if that will suit me. I'm trying to lower body fat % and put on more muscle mass

phallus
10-30-2004, 12:57 AM
One thing u can do to lose body fat and gain muscle is eat 2X protein as carbs, you'll have enough protein for building and it'll force your body to burn it's own carbs - stored fat

ShotgunSeanK
01-24-2005, 11:46 AM
when you say 10x8x6,what do you mean, how many reps, sets etc..

cheers

spinksjinx
01-24-2005, 11:56 AM
when you say 10x8x6,what do you mean, how many reps, sets etc..

cheers

3 sets
1st set-10
2nd set-8
3rd set-6

beeatch-Watch out to much protein turns to fat, do about 1-2 grams of protein per pound

ShotgunSeanK
01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
got ya, thanks

marvelous_TG
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
spinks how much muscle did you gain with this routine in total?

spinksjinx
01-25-2005, 09:57 AM
spinks how much muscle did you gain with this routine in total?

With the proper nutrition level, I went from 140-165 with a 11% body fat percentage. Which is relatively low for bulking.

I put a lot of mass everywhere!

Here is my before and after stats.

Before After
Bicep-11" 14.5"
chest-32" 36"
Thighs-20" 24"
Calves-15" 16.5"
Forearms-10" 12"
neck-14" 15.5"
Waist-34" 32"

I am very short about 5'7 and have a compact frame so that is most likely why I made some great gains from it.

marvelous_TG
01-25-2005, 10:08 AM
whao unbelievble gains how much time did it take? I gues you don't want to become a pro boxer or something because bulking up like that isn't really good for boxing. But great results man, your arms really grown a lot you had some skinny arms. what kind of diet do you followed?

spinksjinx
01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
whao unbelievble gains how much time did it take? I gues you don't want to become a pro boxer or something because bulking up like that isn't really good for boxing. But great results man, your arms really grown a lot you had some skinny arms. what kind of diet do you followed?

Im boxing now, I had my first fight last Saturday.

I made those gains in about 4-6 month period, I follow the same diet I do now, all natural foods lean meats (more red meat when I was bulking but lean red meat) and vegetables and a bit of fruit, same diet just ate more of it. The only supplements I had used was whey protein for after workout and ZMA and SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP. I tried Creatine for about a week, but I broke out in horrible acne so I stopped that.

Arms were never my specialty, they were always rather small, they are around 11-12" now though but they are way more ripped.

marvelous_TG
01-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Im boxing now, I had my first fight last Saturday.

I made those gains in about 4-6 month period, I follow the same diet I do now, all natural foods lean meats (more red meat when I was bulking but lean red meat) and vegetables and a bit of fruit, same diet just ate more of it. The only supplements I had used was whey protein for after workout and ZMA and SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP. I tried Creatine for about a week, but I broke out in horrible acne so I stopped that.

Arms were never my specialty, they were always rather small, they are around 11-12" now though but they are way more ripped. Thnx for the info appreciate it.

spinksjinx
01-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Thnx for the info appreciate it.

No problem, Anytime.

ShotgunSeanK
01-25-2005, 11:37 PM
How did that fight go in the end Spinx?

spinksjinx
01-26-2005, 12:16 AM
I won by 2 points and got the decision. I ended up with a banged up elbow and had to go to the doctor to get a cortizone shot.

boxer2k5
01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
spinks post somethign on getting lean and cut

Pugnacious_Z
03-03-2005, 04:01 AM
does any1 know wat glutamine does?

spinksjinx
03-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Pugnacious-Helps rebuild muscle you can never have to much glutamine.

Boxer-Try this its a 3 day workout and do cardio every other. With a solid sound diet you should drop some pounds.

Monday-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Abs

The first rep is rather high, because it is just a warmup set so go light and if it involves a barbell just use the bar. Also lift light and explosive. Dont go heavy and keep perfect form

Dumbell Incline Presses

Dumbell Flat Bench Presses

Straight Arm Pullovers

Front Dumbell Raises

Clean and Press

Standing Lateral Raises

Close Grip Presses

Lying Triceps Extensions (skull crushers)-Can substitute these for dips

Thursday-Back/Biceps/forearms

Deadlifts

Bent over dumbbell rows

T-bar rows

Cheat Curls

Standing Barbell curl

Behind the back barbell wrist curls

Saturday-Legs/Calves

Squats

Lunges

Straight leg deadlifts

Seated or standing calve raises

Shoot to work your abdominals everyday,

Abs

Crunches- start out with 4 sets of 15 and then when comfortable increase by 5.

Bicycle Crunches-Same as above

Standing or Seated twists-Same as aboe

If you have extra fat around the waistline doing the ab exercises will give you an increase for a while, you are pushing the muscle out and will make you look bigger but as you cut and get smaller that will go away, so dont get discouraged.

Also remember its all about diet and the body usually takes off fat in arms/chest/face/legs/abs in that cycle so you gotta keep at it.

Also Cardio on your non-lifting days, Running/Jump Rope/Shadowboxing/Bag work are all great exercises.

That is all free weights listed, if you have a problem with that I can alter it and match it with similar exercises with machines or calisthenics (body weight exercises)

Hope this helps.

Slipx
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
i never lift weights

and have exceptional handspeed for a heavywt because of it

tino
03-06-2005, 09:40 PM
thx spink jinx , very good post as usual .

only thing that bothers me is that for mucles like chest you make a total of 9 sets , and common knowledge says that one should do 12 sets to really catch the muscle .

yous seem to use 12 reps for cutting , do you confirm ?

spinksjinx
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
thx spink jinx , very good post as usual .

only thing that bothers me is that for mucles like chest you make a total of 9 sets , and common knowledge says that one should do 12 sets to really catch the muscle .

yous seem to use 12 reps for cutting , do you confirm ?

Yes but it also depends on the speed and weight you are using as well. When cutting you need to lift to where their is no struggle and keep it faced paced but not to fast so you ensure to keep the proper form.

tino
03-07-2005, 09:22 AM
so for bulking 9 heavy sets are good ?

Russian
03-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Spinksjinx, How about your speed after this training? Doesn`t training like yours make you slower, weighting down your arms, speed down your body?
I was told some time ago that in the every muscle exist two kinds of muscle cells - the short type and the long type, the short type is very powerful but slowly and second, long type - is very speedy, fast, quick etc. The second kind of cells - is the boxers muscle.
The boxers training with iron is VERY different from the bodybuilding or powerlifting, and the main difference is in counts of repeatition in sets, the boxers working much more then 10-8-6 sheme...
If you want to gain weight - you can do 10-8-6, but it will develope short and slow type of cells, such as powerlifter or wrestler cells.

tino
03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
there are two types of muscles russian , but not exactly this ones .

red fibers are used for strenght AND speed , white (slow) are build for long term efforts , such as road work .

weight lifting incerases your strenght and speed , it s the weight gained who is slowing you . and you will eb able to fight for only a few rounds , maybe just one .