View Full Version : Fighters I root for and why

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Randy Couture - What's not to like about a fighter nearing age 40 and still kicking ass? He's an inspiration to all fighters.

Minotauro - A master at work. It's great knowing that you've got a 90% chance of watching a fighter that's gonna finish a fight with a submission victory.

Genki Sudo / Duane Ludwig - I could watch these guys fight each 10 more times. Pure excitement in both of their games.

Tito Ortiz - Will need to win at least one fan back........

Chuck Liddell - Just bring it!!! Will fight anyone at anytime. Gotta love that.

Quinton Jackson - No one in MMA has improved the way this man has in such a short amount of time. A student of the game is an understatement.

Javier Vazquez - Excitement personified!! Enough said

Jeremy Jackson - I stayed up until 5:00am to find out the results of his fight against Shonie. I was speaking his name before anyone knew who the **** he was. Been a fan and a friend since day one.

"The Crow" - Look to Vazquez

Carlos Newton - Will give you a great show regardless of the outcome.

Jeremy Horn - Give this man a shot at a top fighter!!!!

Cabbage - Big........animated.............brawkler

More to come.........

Wilhelm
07-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Tanner is that your new girlfriend in your AV?

Wilhelm

Stain
07-06-2003, 09:47 PM
tanner is correct

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Matt Hughes - Has come full circle into a complete mixed martial artist. No one is more dominant than Hughes right now.

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Dean Lister - Another guy who's name I've been dropping since day one. The best American grappler barnone.

momita
07-06-2003, 09:53 PM
You are the man Tanner, & yes, very loyal..... it is much appreciated, hope you know that big guy!!! :)

Matter of fact, I was at the fight & thinking you were probably staying up to get the results, I also figured when they made the announcement, you almost went thru the roof.......

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Hermes Franca - After watching his fight against Crunkilton I became an instant fan. Another BJJ expert who can use his skills to the best of it's showing.

Tom Erikson - Feed him a top fighter. I feel bad for Tom. He's a class act. A great guy and a great fighter. He would beat Fedor right now.

Bob Sapp - Could be one of the biggest reasons this sport turns main stream. A HUGE man with an even bigger personality. How do you not like Bob Sapp?

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by momita
You are the man Tanner, & yes, very loyal..... it is much appreciated, hope you know that big guy!!! :)

Matter of fact, I was at the fight & thinking you were probably staying up to get the results, I also figured when they made the announcement, you almost went thru the roof.......

I do not jump on bandwagons................if I did, I would be ridding the Cro Cop one to Croatia right now.

I saw talent and heart in Jeremy the first time I saw him fight. Tony, you, me and Jeremy were the only one's that knew it was there. I have and will never give up on him. I know a great fighter when I see one.....................Jeremy's it.

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Sakuraba - I pray for him. He's one of the biggest reasons I am into MMA the way that I am. I never say anything in MMA is a fluke.......................BUT, his fight against Nino was the biggest fluke in MMA I have ever seen. Great fighter with a great personality.

Prince
07-06-2003, 10:28 PM
sakuraba, tito, and igor are 3 fighters i will be pulling for everytime they fight.

i hate to see those guys lose.

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Cesaro
sakuraba, tito, and igor are 3 fighters i will be pulling for everytime they fight.

i hate to see those guys lose.

I've never liked Igor................but, after seeing what he's done to his body recently I've got to tip my hat to him. Best of luck Igor.

Lei Tong
07-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Got too many to list, but one I hardly mention:

Tetsuji Kato: "overachievement" personified. He's not outstanding at any one thing in particular, but it's a gutsy and tenacious guy.

lightweight
07-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I like your list, but I'd add W Silva, Pele, Henderson off the top of my head.

Zen
07-06-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm riding shotgun on the CroCop bandwagon. The guy has improved as much as anyone in the last year or 2.

I do agree with just aboout everything else you've said though.

ironlife
07-06-2003, 10:36 PM
good post

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Lei Tong
Got too many to list, but one I hardly mention:

Tetsuji Kato: "overachievement" personified. He's not outstanding at any one thing in particular, but it's a gutsy and tenacious guy.

His only three losses are to great quality fighters. Joe, video on him?????? You know I gotta have it.

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Dan Henderson - "Come one come all............see if you can out drive the amazing golf ball ahhhhhhhhh wacker guy" That about sums it up. Tremendous heart..........Tremendous motiviation. A fighter that gives it his all everytime out there.

Lei Tong
07-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Well, he can be a bit boring at times, so he's not a great fighter to watch if you want balls out entertainment. Also, he's not very technically sound, so I know guys who get totally frustrated watching him make mistakes in the ring (great examples: his often overshot armbar attempts).

Tanner Rhoden
07-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Well, he can be a bit boring at times, so he's not a great fighter to watch if you want balls out entertainment. Also, he's not very technically sound, so I know guys who get totally frustrated watching him make mistakes in the ring (great examples: his often overshot armbar attempts).

With all that in mind.............you still don't compile a W/L record like that on accident.

handjobs4dollars
07-07-2003, 01:17 AM
people don't give carlos newton props he should be getting. If I didn't see newton/hughes at ufc 34 I don't know if I would be at where I am now.

Purity
07-07-2003, 02:06 AM
excellent thread!

i wanted to comment but there's really not much room to add anything.

well except for silva. just refer to tanner's newton opinion.

VulgarTheClown
07-07-2003, 02:26 AM
tanner hit the nail on the head

but i would personally like to ad Din Thomas - That man is ALL GO!

The Ensanity
07-07-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by VulgarTheClown
tanner hit the nail on the head

but i would personally like to ad Din Thomas - That man is ALL GO! SCARY!!!

I have agreed with you too much lately...I hope Im still normal

Bluecifer
07-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Yes.

Tanner Rhoden
07-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Yves Edwards - Makes any fight an exciting one. He needs a chance to prove himself against a top fighter again. Din Thomas comes to mind.

Wushu
07-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Where's Saku Tanner?

Tanner Rhoden
07-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Tanner Rhoden
Sakuraba - I pray for him. He's one of the biggest reasons I am into MMA the way that I am. I never say anything in MMA is a fluke.......................BUT, his fight against Nino was the biggest fluke in MMA I have ever seen. Great fighter with a great personality.

Wushu
07-07-2003, 05:00 PM
I'm dum

Tanner Rhoden
07-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Wushu
I'm dum

Yes

Whoremaster B
07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Agreed with Matt Hughs. Is there a fighter who could even rival him?
Lets see what Jeremy does to Hallman. The scorpion is a good striker, thats all he'll need to fight Hallman.

Tanner Rhoden
07-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Rickson Gracie - Has always taken on all comers to his crown. One of very few undefeated MMA fighters in the world today. Two things are really a shame. It's really to bad that Sakuraba ducked him for all these years. I mean, how many injuries can one guy have anyways? The other bad thing is that Rickson won't be able to compete in the GP this year. He stubbed his toe and I hear it's really bad.

Lei Tong
07-10-2003, 05:51 PM
I still hope to see the long-awaited dream match between him and Ogawa.

The Ensanity
07-10-2003, 05:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Rickson called out Saku39 soooo many times, and suku39 kept ducking

Tanner Rhoden
07-10-2003, 05:53 PM
I still hope to see the long-awaited dream match between him and Ogawa.

Lisen, Rickson said he is goin to fight again........that means, HE'S GOING TO FIGHT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHJIUHBHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ogawa is the best of the best. I mean, you don't beat guys like Satake, Goodridge and Matt Ghafarisomething without being incredible.

badguy
07-10-2003, 11:09 PM
No fighter Bashing

-CH

badguy
07-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Rickson is not one of the best

bob
07-11-2003, 12:13 AM
rickson owns...you all ****en know it

badguy
07-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Sorry about that after I posted it I was wondering if I went to far.

Tanner Rhoden
07-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by badguy
No fighter Bashing

-CH

Thanks