View Full Version : Tito on Kimbo...

kaps
05-07-2008, 02:06 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFnCMO5GqbA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFnCMO5GqbA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

kaps
05-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Sam Caplan conducted an interview with EliteXC's Gary Shaw. Sam asked the following question regarding Tito Ortiz's comments towards Kimbo Slice during ESPN's "E:60"

"Sam Caplan: Tito Ortiz made some interesting comments regarding Kimbo Slice during last week's ESPN feature. Since then you've been quoted about expressing an interest in making a match between Tito and Kimbo. Is that correct?

Gary Shaw: Yes, absolutely. Any time someone talks either on TV or to a reporter and either demeans a fighter or says "let's bring it on," I'm willing to do the fight. And Kimbo Slice would get into the cage with Tito Ortiz any day."

THE REED™
05-07-2008, 02:08 AM
then fight him tito

kaps
05-07-2008, 02:33 AM
then fight him tito

He'll be looking for a new job after this weekend so I think it's a good possability...

YUHHHHHHH!
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Tito Ortiz said later in an interview (roughly):

"After seeing an interview, we (Tito and Jenna) realized that Kimbo is not some big, tough and mean guy. He is a real kind hearted guy who could go far in this business. So I have to take it back. We're just waiting for him to fight a really good, well rounded fighter. But he is a good heavyweight, everyone is looking for a heavyweight with some kind of stardom to beat and Kimbo Brings that."

Sounds like he kindly ate his own words.

1bad65
05-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Do you have a link to that 2nd interview? That doesn't sound like Tito at all.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Do you have a link to that 2nd interview? That doesn't sound like Tito at all.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ht00w4umOK0

Ignore Jenna Jameson. Starts talking about Kimbo Slice at 1:05.

Spare Moody
05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
cool of Tito to make that follow up. a rematch with Frank would be fun but i don't think Tito can take him.

kaps
05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
cool of Tito to make that follow up. a rematch with Frank would be fun but i don't think Tito can take him.

What has Frank done in the past 8 years to make you think Tito can't take him?

Don Corleone
05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Tito is known for talking smack. I think when he heard the rumor that they are starting to make a match between Tito and Kimbo he took his comments back. Also he won't be with the UFC for long so people would be on his door step to get him to fight Kimbo. Just look at Kimbo, he might not be the best fighter but he can really intimidate fighters. That plays a key role in his wins and an example of that was the Bo Cantrell fight when instead of getting punched, Cantrell rather tapped out. Kimbo might not be a great fighter but his size and agression can't be overlooked

YUHHHHHHH!
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Bas Rutten has said it time after time, and it can be seen in any of his fights, professionally or on the street.

Kimbo's greatest power is not in his hands or his chin. It's when you look into his eyes and he has no fear. When you have no fear, you strike fear into everyone else around you.

Bernard Hopkins once said that fear will get you killed, as well as determine whether you win or lose a fight.

Spare Moody
05-07-2008, 01:58 PM
What has Frank done in the past 8 years to make you think Tito can't take him?

look at how they've both performed in the last 8 years. win or lose, frank always brings fury. a better question is "what has Tito ever really done that makes you think he can take Frank?"

kaps
05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
look at how they've both performed in the last 8 years. win or lose, frank always brings fury. a better question is "what has Tito ever really done that makes you think he can take Frank?"

Tito is a far better fighter than he was when they first fight, and lets not forget Tito was winning the first fight until he gassed. Since 2000 Frank has fought 5 times going 3-2. First he fights Brian Pardoe, who the **** is that? 3 years later he fights Cesar Gracie. Congrats on beating up and old man who has never had a MMA fight Frank. Then he gets DQ'd against Renzo Gracie who hadn't had a fight in over 3 years, and Renzo was doing well before the illegal knees. Then he beats Phil Baroni, who gasses walking to the ring, and finally he loses to Cung Le, who shows great potential, but isnt even close too being ranked yet. In that same time period Tito has a record of 9-3-1 with his only losses coming by the hands of Liddell and Couture, who he went the distance with.

Don Corleone
05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I would still give this one to Shamrock. Tito is good but lately hasn't been in top shape. He's still one of my favourites to watch but against Shamrock I don't see him winning

1bad65
05-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Shamrock matches up well against Tito.

Don Corleone
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I think it would be a mixture of stand up and ground game with these two

kaps
05-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Shamrock will have to come up in weight, cuz Tito can't cut down anymore than he already does, so we'll have a smaller Shamrock against a bigger Stronger Ortiz. It just doesn't look good for Frank in this one. I'm not saying Frank isn't good, but he hasn't fought anybody worth mentioning since the last time he fought Tito. His fans are pretty loyal though, still thinking he's a top contender.....

Blair_Wells#32
05-08-2008, 09:04 AM
i think Tito can beat Shamrock, fairly easy at that.
Renzo took Shamrock down at will an controlled him, an he ain't known for his takedowns.
Tito on the other hand is, as well as having great ground an pound from the guard.
i wouldn't mind seeing this fight after Tito leaves the UFC.

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-08-2008, 09:45 AM
This is a prime example of why Kimbo is so intriguing to people. Even an established fighter and ex-champ like Tito realizes he's a threat.

When you have power in both hands, you are very, very dangerous.