View Full Version : The most underated British Boxer....

good_looking01
05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Who does everyone think is the most underated boxer in Britain (that's active)??

I think Michael Jennings and Colin Lynes are up there!

sparked_85
05-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Michael Jennings.

But if you put him into the context of the world scene at Welterweight it's easy to see why not many get excited about him. It's a shame he's not a 154 pounder.

good_looking01
05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Michael Jennings.

But if you put him into the context of the world scene at Welterweight it's easy to see why not many get excited about him. It's a shame he's not a 154 pounder.

True. So unlucky for fighters who are too good for domestic, good at European bit just shy of the elite at world level as the division is so strong!!!

Patty Tanager
05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Jennings should be demanding a title shot, he can get the likes of Maccarinelli, Rees, Lockett and Arthur title fights no problem, but Jennings never see,s to get a fair go.

Chunk..
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Rendall Munroe.

He could win a world title at Super-Bantamweight IMO.

msagrain
05-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Darren barker.

adietheforestfa
05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Darren barker.

Good Call.
also John Murray

x-PeROxiDE-x
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
For all his acheivements weighed up against the acclaim he gets, Joe Calzaghe is the most underrated british fighter by far.

good_looking01
05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
What a range of fighters!!!!

For all his acheivements weighed up against the acclaim he gets, Joe Calzaghe is the most underrated british fighter by far.

Calzaghe has never had the respect he deserves, but now he will get it all back beating fighters who wouldn't have faced him at his prime. IMO, Not so much underrated as undervalued.

Good Call.
also John Murray

WBC Youth champ (first one for this country I believe) but not fought the highest quality of opposition yet. Greast talent who will go far but IMO yet to earn his stripes.

Darren barker.

possibly, gives everyone a good fight and his stoppage of Bendall was V. impressive. (didn't personally see it though) Bendall is a great servant to the sport but at just european level at best.

Rendall Munroe.

He could win a world title at Super-Bantamweight IMO.

He was VERY impressive on his last two Friday Fight Nights. He's gotta give up the day job and concentrate on boxing. He looks like he could go far. I am not sure he has the pwer though.......Great call though, that one really slipped under the radar!!!

smokeyjackson
05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Jennings should be demanding a title shot, he can get the likes of Maccarinelli, Rees, Lockett and Arthur title fights no problem, but Jennings never see,s to get a fair go.

i totally agree, Micky should be at least getting a shot at the Wbo title, with Warrens connections he should piss it, it has got to happen soon

rooq
05-08-2008, 06:25 PM
jennings is definitely one of the most technically accomplished fighters we have. as someone said its just a pit he's at the deepest strongest weight division of them all even though he's been ranked in the wbo top ten for a long time. maybe Franks waiting for the title to become vacant like he always does.

lynes is like a mini kessler in look and technical ability. does the simple stuff well, stays composed and gets the job done. i think he'd have a chance against kotelnick or torres, but probably not witter.

i've got high hopes for barker as well - pity he's lacking a little power, but i think he's good enough to at least make european level. i like macklin at MW as well - not as skilled as barker but decent workrate and power

RichCCFC
05-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Junior Witter at the moment.

Brian13
05-10-2008, 08:44 AM
There are a few Munroe , Napa , Witter, and Lynes. I haven't seen Jennings or Barker so I can't say yet

samoram
05-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Ian "dappa" Nappa is quality, would love to see him get a title shot in the near future.

Spirit
05-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Michael Watson, he would've been an alltime great hadn't his carreer ended prematurely

good_looking01
05-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Ian "dappa" Nappa is quality, would love to see him get a title shot in the near future.

Napa is good but IMO doesn't have the pop to hold pressure fighters off. His technique is spot on though.

jennings is definitely one of the most technically accomplished fighters we have. as someone said its just a pit he's at the deepest strongest weight division of them all even though he's been ranked in the wbo top ten for a long time. maybe Franks waiting for the title to become vacant like he always does.

lynes is like a mini kessler in look and technical ability. does the simple stuff well, stays composed and gets the job done. i think he'd have a chance against kotelnick or torres, but probably not witter.

i've got high hopes for barker as well - pity he's lacking a little power, but i think he's good enough to at least make european level. i like macklin at MW as well - not as skilled as barker but decent workrate and power

Lynes didn't look too shabby against Witter last time and it has been said that if Lynes had let his hands go more he could have won it. (Big if though..) and I would love to see him win a world title.

Macklin is a good fighter but I did wonder if the fight with Moore ruined him, Luckily it doesn't look to have done much damage. It will be interesting to see how he changes since moving trainers.

Junior Witter at the moment.

Unfortunately not any more... Do like Junior but he has a tendancy to be lazy and ultimately that has cost him both losses. (however with little preperation time against a Top World Class fighter in Judah he can be slightly excused)

Mister Casbong
05-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Jennings, if not for his skills, for the fact that I wanna hear 'Golden Gaze' getting blasted out all over an arena in Vegas.

potshot
05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I think Napa is a great little fighter, it is just such a shame he lacks any kind of power. In patches he reminds me a bit of Mayweather, but one day he'll bump into someone who will just keep walking through his punches and put him in real trouble. I also think Alex Arthur is a bit underrated, maybe not in Britain but in the US.

Funky_Monk
05-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I think Jennings is good but seriously lacks power and i think that makes a world title especially at the weight with the class about a slight no go-er.