View Full Version : Lutter Says Serra May B Next 2 B Cut......

Blair_Wells#32
05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2579.html

couldn't copy an paste it so have 2 read through the link.
seems they really wanted serra 2 lose that fight.

Don Corleone
05-05-2008, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't want him to get cut. The UFC has to really consider smartening up. If they keep this up they won't have no good fighter and allready people are leaving because of their management. They got rid of their greatest HW ever in Couture over money dispute. They need to seriously see where they're heading at this pace

2swell k-wells
05-05-2008, 11:43 PM
yeah....i wanted serra to lose too.:p

Blair_Wells#32
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
yeah seems pretty disrepectful 2 the champ 2 throw him in a locker room with 5-6 other people an give the challenger his own private room.
other champs got the private rooms i donno i may b a little bias as a serra fan but jus seems disrespectful 2me.
i don't think they'll cut Serra anytime soon, i think he'll beat hughes an work his way back 2 GSP, would b nice 2 see him at 155 but in an ol interview he said he wants 2 stay at 170.
on the Lutter subject i wouldn't mind seeing him signed 2 strike force/elite xc an fight either shamrock or cung le.
i think he'll have success against both.

2swell k-wells
05-05-2008, 11:50 PM
I dont think Serra did mind sharing a locker room.

Virgil Caine
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
i don't think they'll cut Serra anytime soon, i think he'll beat hughes an work his way back 2 GSP.

What if Hughes beats Serra, than do you see him being cut?

The UFC is not gonna survive if it doesn't change, and its management is so rigid that I don't think it will. The sport of MMA is bigger than any one promotion. The UFC has always been the face of MMA in the US, but that is all changing now that MMA has grown so lucrative.

What is necessary is for fighters to be paid on a fight by fight basis, rather than contracted for a particular number of fights and let go at the UFC's discretion. Contracts excluding fighters from participating in any event that is not the UFC have also got to go. The UFC has to do these things, but they probably won't and they'll probably end up sucking ass because of it.

kaps
05-07-2008, 01:56 AM
What if Hughes beats Serra, than do you see him being cut?

The UFC is not gonna survive if it doesn't change, and its management is so rigid that I don't think it will. The sport of MMA is bigger than any one promotion. The UFC has always been the face of MMA in the US, but that is all changing now that MMA has grown so lucrative.

What is necessary is for fighters to be paid on a fight by fight basis, rather than contracted for a particular number of fights and let go at the UFC's discretion. Contracts excluding fighters from participating in any event that is not the UFC have also got to go. The UFC has to do these things, but they probably won't and they'll probably end up sucking ass because of it.

I can kinda see why Dana don't let the fighters fight in other orgs though, how tough would his brand look if his champion went somewhere else and got beat by someone else's champion...

SiAp
05-07-2008, 03:17 AM
I can kinda see why Dana don't let the fighters fight in other orgs though, how tough would his brand look if his champion went somewhere else and got beat by someone else's champion...

he made this mistake once, and he'll never do it again!

Don Corleone
05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
No one would want the fighter from their business lost to someone else's but at the same time, if there is a huge matchup like Couture vs Emelianeko then fans will get angry and start to dislike UFC for that. Also Dana White has been making some pretty odd moves in cutting everyone from his roster. Bad management IMO and if someone doesn't step in then the UFC won't be rising as quick

Virgil Caine
05-07-2008, 04:32 PM
As the fighters become larger than the promotions the fans will demand certain mach ups regardless of who's under what promotion. Randy-Fedor is a case in point.

The UFC pushes their "product" as if it's the UFC label that makes their **** what it is, but its really the fights and the fighters that make MMA not the promotions.

Imagine if Golden Boy only allowed their fighters to fight other Golden Boy fighters, in a special Golden Boy ring, for the "Golden Boy Championship of the World." It'd be pretty goddamn ridiculous when you think about it.

I think we're going to see MMA promoters acting more and more like boxing promoters in the months and years ahead.

kaps
05-08-2008, 01:41 AM
As the fighters become larger than the promotions the fans will demand certain mach ups regardless of who's under what promotion. Randy-Fedor is a case in point.

The UFC pushes their "product" as if it's the UFC label that makes their **** what it is, but its really the fights and the fighters that make MMA not the promotions.

Imagine if Golden Boy only allowed their fighters to fight other Golden Boy fighters, in a special Golden Boy ring, for the "Golden Boy Championship of the World." It'd be pretty goddamn ridiculous when you think about it.

I think we're going to see MMA promoters acting more and more like boxing promoters in the months and years ahead.

At the same time, who wants 5 Heavyweight Champions of the world running around?

phallus
05-08-2008, 02:14 AM
At the same time, who wants 5 Heavyweight Champions of the world running around?

especially if they're not planning to fight each other

Blair_Wells#32
05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
i don't think these other brands will b around for long, last i heard they were all losing money terribly, maybe down the line in a year or 2 ufc will buy them like they did with pride :P
other then Fedor and a few guys on Dream there are no other great fighters 2 make dream fights with, elite xc,ifl? who do they have that could make for some good fights with UFC type competition, nobody i can think of except maybe Lawler and maybe Anotnio Silva.

kaps
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
i don't think these other brands will b around for long, last i heard they were all losing money terribly, maybe down the line in a year or 2 ufc will buy them like they did with pride :P
other then Fedor and a few guys on Dream there are no other great fighters 2 make dream fights with, elite xc,ifl? who do they have that could make for some good fights with UFC type competition, nobody i can think of except maybe Lawler and maybe Anotnio Silva.

Nick Diaz, Jason Mayhem Miller, Ricco Rodriguez, KJ Noons, Cabbage, Ninja Rua, Joey Vallasenor, ect. ect......

Virgil Caine
05-08-2008, 08:10 PM

Pride failed because they lost their television contract following a mafia and other scandals.

Japanese MMA > American MMA.

Promotions such as dream are the future. UFC is the **** past.

Virgil Caine
05-08-2008, 08:11 PM

So you'd rather have a bunch of different fighters competing under different banners having no possibility what so ever of fighting each other?

kaps
05-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd like too see them all fighting under 1 or 2 banners that will cooperate together to name a world champion. Say, UFC and and EliteXC are the top dogs. Then once a year, have a joined PPV Event, and have the champions fight the Champions, then the winners will be called the World Champion for the year. I dunno, I think if they did it like boxing does it MMA will take the same path Boxing is taking....

Virgil Caine
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I dunno, I think if they did it like boxing does it MMA will take the same path Boxing is taking....

My point was sort of that I think its bound to go more the way of boxing as the sport grows and more promoters get involved, including boxing promoters. And I simply can't get past the notion of guys being tied to a single promotional outfit. I feel that guys should be more in control the course of their careers in terms of being able to accept fights on a fight-by-fight basis, and to fight under whatever promotions they feel is best as the opportunities come.

billybilo
05-10-2008, 01:37 AM
My point was sort of that I think its bound to go more the way of boxing as the sport grows and more promoters get involved, including boxing promoters. And I simply can't get past the notion of guys being tied to a single promotional outfit. I feel that guys should be more in control the course of their careers in terms of being able to accept fights on a fight-by-fight basis, and to fight under whatever promotions they feel is best as the opportunities come.

You are absolutely right in your way of thinking. One company has no right to hold its fighters to ransom and ditch them as and when they please. I hate the fact that the fighters on Dana's roster earn ridiculously low amounts of money for what they do. The sooner mixed martial artists realise they can take control, the better.

Hell, i'll say it now. The UK MMA scene is on the up, don't be surprised if some big name fighters come over here to earn the money they deserve. You've seen what our boxing fans are like, mma isn't too far behind, and if the fan base is there so is the money.