View Full Version : Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson!

Dice
05-05-2008, 03:54 AM
I sae it in a post somewhere (dont have the link :( ) but I read the a superfight between Franklin and Henderson could be in the works, I think it would be huge and would put my money on Hollywood Hendo.

number6
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Henderson wins this one for sure.

Don Corleone
05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I sae it in a post somewhere (dont have the link :( ) but I read the a superfight between Franklin and Henderson could be in the works, I think it would be huge and would put my money on Hollywood Hendo.

Ye I posted it on a thread I made about dream MMA matchups which is maybe what you're were talking about. This would be a huge matchup but I would go with Henderson on this one

Dice
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Ye I posted it on a thread I made about dream MMA matchups which is maybe what you're were talking about. This would be a huge matchup but I would go with Henderson on this one

Na i read it on Yahoo Sports MMA p4p rankings under Hendo's name, but yea it would be big

vinnie7731
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
i think henderson would wrestle franklin to the ground and pound on him and get the tko. i would love to see this fight if it happens. i think it would be good no matter what the outcome.

Don Corleone
05-05-2008, 11:36 PM
The only problem would be if Franklin were to move up which to me doesn't make much sense. Henderson is probobly going to stay MW for some time but Franklin must stay there to for the fight to happen

Virgil Caine
05-06-2008, 01:05 AM
The only problem would be if Franklin were to move up which to me doesn't make much sense. Henderson is probobly going to stay MW for some time but Franklin must stay there to for the fight to happen

Not really, they could fight at either weight. Hendo might actually prefer having the fight at LHW because he wouldn't have to cut the weight, and he didn't really seem to want to drop down in the first place. He's actually had most of his success at LHW, so it sort of makes sense why he'd want to be at that weight.

This should be a damn good fight if it comes off.

2swell k-wells
05-06-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd go for the underdog and the bigger stronger and agressor on this one.

Franklin would finish this in end of 2 or beginning of 3.

Naps
05-06-2008, 01:45 PM
It's a tough call, but I'd go with Hendo. Hang on, no, Frankin......Wait, Hendo to win. I think...

Blair_Wells#32
05-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Franklin is bigger an stronger then Henderson, if Fanklin can keep it on the feet i think he can score a Decision win.....Henderson has that hard head an good chin so i dont' think it would end in a KO.

Virgil Caine
05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Franklin is bigger an stronger then Henderson, if Fanklin can keep it on the feet i think he can score a Decision win.....Henderson has that hard head an good chin so i dont' think it would end in a KO.

Henderson always spends some time on his feet, I think he's just in love with his right hand so he'll stand and bang even when he should go to the ground, like against Silva. There could easily be a KO if Hendo fights that style.

Blair_Wells#32
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah i remember screamin at the tv when Henderson kept it on his feet against Silva :lol1:
still think he coulda wore silva down for the later rounds if he kept goin for the take downs.

Virgil Caine
05-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah same here man, especailly after he controlled him on the ground in the first round. Then in the second he just came out throwing bombs, lol.

Don Corleone
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I remember that fight, he was great especially since Silva is my favourite LHW. Henderson I think would keep it standing against Franklin but would still get some take downs for points. Also, Franklin wanted to move up to LHW and Henderson just recently moved down at MW. I think Henderson would be performing better at MW right now and Franklin is looking better at MW so I think it would be better to see them at MW. LHW they wouldn't move as much and would lose stamina easily

kaps
05-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Good fight, hope it happens. Gotta go with Hendo...

Brian13
05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I would have to go for Franklin in this fight , his cardio is the best in the UFC , good stand up and pritty good BJJ. Franklin is better in those areas so it would be hard to go against him. Franklin by Decision

kaps
05-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Dan is more powerful, a far better wrestler, and has only been submitted 3 times, all black belts.....