05-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

Andrei Arlovski Vs. Ben Rothwell

Babalu Vs. Mike Whitehead

Pedro Rizzo Vs. Josh Barnett

Alexander Emelienenko vs. TBA

http://dreamfighters.com/site/?action=detail&id=1207842187

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty solid card. There's rumors of a possible Mirko Crocop vs Ray Sefo fight as well.

mrpain81
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Now thats a fight card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching that fo shizie.

TBEC2
05-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Damn Dude!! Awesome card. Defiantly watching this one.

Virgil Caine
05-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Yeah, this could be card of the year on paper for sure.

2swell k-wells
05-03-2008, 10:02 AM
looks good....im not trying with m y write hand eiether, but ti looks good.

2swell k-wells
05-03-2008, 03:59 PM

haha..sorry...i was drunk:banana: :alcoholic

Virgil Caine
05-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Drunk posting is one thing, but drunk posting while whacking off? :thinking:

Virgil Caine
05-03-2008, 05:15 PM
One more:

Matt Lindland is also rumored to be fighting on the card.

From the sherdog.com events schedule:

Matchups:
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Matt Lindland vs. TBA
http://www.sherdog.com/news/events.asp

Also, the promotion is described as "Golden Boy-Affliction," so I wonder if that means ODLH has a hand in it?

number6
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
looks good so far

vinnie7731
05-05-2008, 07:58 PM
looks like a great card. will def. watch. ben rothwell vs arlovski??? who wins that one? i think arlovski has better standup. havent seen rothwell fight since the ifl but he is strong and his standup looked decent.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I am going to be grabbing this one. July 19th may not be that epic night to remember with extremely grueling and well placed action though. In my opinion it will be one of those nights were me and my boys remember down the road saying "Hey, do you remember when so-and-so wrecked so-and-so? Hahaha." In most of these fights, one of the opponents heavily outweighs the other in a comparison of skill.

Don Corleone
05-07-2008, 02:43 PM
This one will be a good matchup because Fedor hasn't faught someone this well ranked in a while and Silvia is much bigger then him but Fedor manages to beat everyone who is bigger then he is

Virgil Caine
05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
This one will be a good matchup because Fedor hasn't faught someone this well ranked in a while and Silvia is much bigger then him but Fedor manages to beat everyone who is bigger then he is
Yeah, I didn't understand why people were hating on this match, it should be a good fight. Fedor should win, but all it takes is a couple right hands to the chin to change a fight.

Apparently the venue just moved from Dallas to Anaheim, Cali. I might have to go to this one.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM

Fedor made Hong Choi Man and Semmy Schilt look like EZ mode.
Choi/Semmy Schilt = a bigger, stronger, faster version of Tim Sylvia

Yeah, I didn't understand why people were hating on this match, it should be a good fight. Fedor should win, but all it takes is a couple right hands to the chin to change a fight.

Apparently the venue just moved from Dallas to Anaheim, Cali. I might have to go to this one.

Not to sound like a nuthugger, but not with Fedor's chin. Lawl.

Virgil Caine
05-09-2008, 03:03 PM

Hon Man Choi fought Fedor in his second fight (and knees were disallowed, btw). Semmy Schilt is a big tough guy but he's really a kickboxer, not a solid MMA fighter. Sylvia is indeed far more polished in the MMA game.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/romang_2006/Fedor_rocked.gif

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/retro_g/12023251227.gif

Naps
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Anyone fancy a bet? I wanna back Arlovski.

Don Corleone
05-09-2008, 04:52 PM

Tim Silvia is actually a ranked MMA fighter unlike Hong Man Choi and Semmy Schilt. He has more skill and has been in there with better fighters then both of them. He is going to be a challenge but I still think Fedor will come out on top with a late 3rd round submission

YUHHHHHHH!
05-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Hon Man Choi fought Fedor in his second fight (and knees were disallowed, btw). Semmy Schilt is a big tough guy but he's really a kickboxer, not a solid MMA fighter. Sylvia is indeed far more polished in the MMA game.

Tim Silvia is actually a ranked MMA fighter unlike Hong Man Choi and Semmy Schilt. He has more skill and has been in there with better fighters then both of them. He is going to be a challenge but I still think Fedor will come out on top with a late 3rd round submission

@Baserocks and Sugar Mosley

Semmy Schilt's MMA record > Tim Sylvia's MMA record. He has nearly twice as many professional fights and wins than Tim Syvlia.

And even though those GIF's are really cool, Fedor recovered from it and won easily while still out on his feet. Could Sylvia take a shot like that and continue to fight? Doubtful. ='[

Also, just to add a little more. I would bet my pocketbook that Semmy Schilt would wreck Tim Sylvia's career if they fought.

Blair_Wells#32
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Ben Rothwell vs. TBA
Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko*
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
PRELIMINARY CARD

Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Patrick Speight
Brett Cooper vs. Mike Pyle
* - not signed

Virgil Caine
05-11-2008, 02:28 PM
@Baserocks and Sugar Mosley

Semmy Schilt's MMA record > Tim Sylvia's MMA record. He has nearly twice as many professional fights and wins than Tim Syvlia.

And even though those GIF's are really cool, Fedor recovered from it and won easily while still out on his feet. Could Sylvia take a shot like that and continue to fight? Doubtful. ='[

Also, just to add a little more. I would bet my pocketbook that Semmy Schilt would wreck Tim Sylvia's career if they fought.

Sylvia's accomplishments in MMA far out weigh those of Schilt.

Don Corleone
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
That's what I'm saying too, it doesn't matter how much more pro fights he's been, Silvia has fought the best