View Full Version : Carl Froch WBC News

adietheforestfa
05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
WBC Have today made Nottinghams undefeated Carl "The Cobra" Froch mandatory #1 for SMW held by Joe Calzaghe.

As Joe will not take the fight, it looks like Carl will be handed the belt.

Not the best way to win a title, out of the ring, but looks like the Brits will soon have another World Champion!!!!!!!!!

Bring on Kessler and Bute to get KTFO.

Dick-Sucker
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
WBC Have today made Nottinghams undefeated Carl "The Cobra" Froch mandatory #1 for SMW held by Joe Calzaghe.

As Joe will not take the fight, it looks like Carl will be handed the belt.

Not the best way to win a title, out of the ring, but looks like the Brits will soon have another World Champion!!!!!!!!!

Bring on Kessler and Bute to get KTFO.

If Anthony Mundine can not get a fight at MW.

This is on.

I picked this last year.

In Australia.

oovavu
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
If Anthony Mundine can not get a fight at MW.

This is on.

I picked this last year.

In Australia.

If they give Froch the belt, hes not going to travel to Aus to fight Mundine, I doubt he'll even fight him, it would be a good fight though, I like both of their styles.

adietheforestfa
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Mundine needs to start calling out Froch if he wants to Fight The Cobra. Because Carl Fights for PRIDE, and fights guys who mouth off and are willing to fight.

Why would Carl go to Australia??? Froch has a Large fan base and is big ticket seller in the UK.

I know Carl has a deal with Golden Boy for future fights in USA

black.ink
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Froch would beat Mundine anywhere.

The Punchbag
05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Clearly Calzaghe isn't going to face Froch and so the title will be up for grabs but will he be given it or will they make him fight for it. Considering he became No1 contender without needing to throw a punch they should make the fight with the No2 contender (no idea who that is though)

BattlingNelson
05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Clearly Calzaghe isn't going to face Froch and so the title will be up for grabs but will he be given it or will they make him fight for it. Considering he became No1 contender without needing to throw a punch they should make the fight with the No2 contender (no idea who that is though)
Mikkel Kessler.

The Punchbag
05-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Mikkel Kessler.

Now that would be an interesting fight. I think Kessler wins though.

Dick-Sucker
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Froch would beat Mundine anywhere.

Good joke.

Froch doesn't beat the top 3 in the division. Bute will also destroy Froch.

He keeps his hands to low. And he is slow.

Just get ready for the wake up call.

Fighting Choc can occur in OZ, because he knows that its an easy win. The money should be decent. Presuming Choc doesn't get the fight with Winky or Sturm.

Dick-Sucker
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Mundine needs to start calling out Froch if he wants to Fight The Cobra. Because Carl Fights for PRIDE, and fights guys who mouth off and are willing to fight.

Why would Carl go to Australia??? Froch has a Large fan base and is big ticket seller in the UK.

I know Carl has a deal with Golden Boy for future fights in USA

Have you not noticed Froch is obsessed with Calzaghe? If anything h e mouths off more than everyone else.

adietheforestfa
05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Good joke.

Froch doesn't beat the top 3 in the division. Bute will also destroy Froch.

He keeps his hands to low. And he is slow.

Just get ready for the wake up call.

Fighting Choc can occur in OZ, because he knows that its an easy win. The money should be decent. Presuming Choc doesn't get the fight with Winky or Sturm.

Is that the same Bute who was taken 12 by Tatyvosyn????? The same Bute who was offered a fight with Froch but didnt Fancy It??

Didnt Froch Blitz him inside 2????

Your boy Mundine is a Bum mate, how many Froch fights have you actually seen???

Dick-Sucker
05-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Is that the same Bute who was taken 12 by Tatyvosyn????? The same Bute who was offered a fight with Froch but didnt Fancy It??

Didnt Froch Blitz him inside 2????

Your boy Mundine is a Bum mate, how many Froch fights have you actually seen???

Actually 2. And he looked **** in both.

What world class fighter has Froch beat?

If Froch faces Mundine hes being stopped in the middle rounds. Choc is a class above. An accurate counter puncher.

What has Froch done? Nothing.

Mundine is the superior boxer.

Enough said.

Wake up from fairly land.

Clegg
05-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Who hits harder, Froch or Ottke?

Answers on a postcard to:

Ultimateboxa
2 Mundine Road
Mundine City
County Mundine
Australia

majestiC
05-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Who hits harder, Froch or Ottke?

Answers on a postcard to:

Ultimateboxa
2 Mundine Road
Mundine City
County Mundine
Australia

loooool, Froch would destroy everyone in the division other than Kessler and Calzaghe. Stylewise he would give Calzaghe hell to, but would get destroyed by Kessler.

adietheforestfa
05-03-2008, 01:14 PM

If Froch faces Mundine hes being stopped in the middle rounds. Choc is a class above. An accurate counter puncher.

Enough said.

Youve seen 2 of his fights???.. Discussion over. No more questions your Honour!!! Youve been exposed!!!

x-PeROxiDE-x
05-03-2008, 02:29 PM
An old man with questionable skills and a lack of any worthwhile defense is hardly the saviour of the SMW division.

Simple question for the Froch fans: Who's he beat?

The Monk
05-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Enough said.

You say what has Froch done, but what has Mundine done? He has beat up on a selection of bums from around the world then got KTFO by a feather fisted chump. I would take Froch over Mundine every day of the week and I sincerely hope this fight gets made so Carl can introduce Mundine to his old friend, the canvas, again.

Shambleton
05-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Is he fightin' on ITV tonight?
What time is it on??

black.ink
05-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Is he fightin' on ITV tonight?
What time is it on??

Next week.

Dick-Sucker
05-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't think Froch has beaten anyone like Danny Green or Sam Soliman. Thats how bad his resume is.

RichCCFC
05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Shot Robin Reid is the only guy he's beat.

The Monk
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I am not defnding Carl's resume, I agree its weak, but I am still a big fan. I think he really has the ability to shake up the smw division in Calzaghe's absense. Froch gets written off a lot, but so far he has past every test with flying colours, albeit against less than stellar opposition. I hope he can get a big fight in the next few months and then we will all find out if Carl Froch is for real.

Dick-Sucker
05-04-2008, 04:26 AM
I am not defnding Carl's resume, I agree its weak, but I am still a big fan. I think he really has the ability to shake up the smw division in Calzaghe's absense. Froch gets written off a lot, but so far he has past every test with flying colours, albeit against less than stellar opposition. I hope he can get a big fight in the next few months and then we will all find out if Carl Froch is for real.

What test was that?

Im yet to see him fight a top 10 contender.

Patty Tanager
05-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Froch needs to get his arse in gear, what is he 31 now?, about time he got on with his career and did something.

black.ink
05-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Time definitely isn't on his side. He's got to produce some waves this year, or call it a day. I just wish he faces a genuine name for a title and mix it in with the big boys.

Dick-Sucker
05-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Time definitely isn't on his side. He's got to produce some waves this year, or call it a day. I just wish he faces a genuine name for a title and mix it in with the big boys.

You sound like me on Mundine.

Constantly saying different things lol.

black.ink
05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
You sound like me on Mundine.

Constantly saying different things lol.

I'm nothing like you and Mundine. :boxing:

I'm not biased when it comes to Froch, i do know his weaknesses, i acknowledge his resume isn't the strongest and agree it's now or never with him.................but, as a fan, i will stand by him all the way.

I also like to add some heat to conversations by saying he can whoop a certain body. Half of me believes he actually can. As for Mundine/Froch, it could make for a big fight.....but i will stick by Froch and say late KO.:banana:

adietheforestfa
05-04-2008, 02:06 PM
What he surposed to do, all the so called big boys run a ****in mile when it comes to fighting Frochy. Berrio was offered 100K but went missing when it came to signing, Calzaghe had the chance but took fights with Bika, Ashira and Manfredo and he says Froch is a Joke. What he realy means is ( **** that im not fighting Froch if i dont have to.) I think they might have made miles more money from tickets alone than the above mentoned 3.

The Monk
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
What test was that?

Im yet to see him fight a top 10 contender.

He has won the British and Commonwealth titles, I personally count that as passing a test, to a certain extent.

adietheforestfa
05-04-2008, 03:22 PM
:lol1: He has won the British and Commonwealth titles, I personally count that as passing a test, to a certain extent.

Good Point. I cant think of any crap fighters who have won an OUTRIGHT Losdale belt, there are many quality fighters who havent.

Iv heard it could be now Rubin Williams next sat. Ok in Mork and Mindy, but done nothing of note since

Shambleton
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
:lol1:

Good Point. I cant think of any crap fighters who have won an OUTRIGHT Losdale belt, there are many quality fighters who havent.

Iv heard it could be now Rubin Williams next sat. Ok in Mork and Mindy, but done nothing of note since

No silly that's Robin Williams, Rubin Williams is the fat one from take that.

adietheforestfa
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
No silly that's Robin Williams, Rubin Williams is the fat one from take that.

I always get them mixed up

Dick-Sucker
05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
:lol1:

I can't think of one i know.

Dick-Sucker
05-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm nothing like you and Mundine. :boxing:

I'm not biased when it comes to Froch, i do know his weaknesses, i acknowledge his resume isn't the strongest and agree it's now or never with him.................but, as a fan, i will stand by him all the way.

I also like to add some heat to conversations by saying he can whoop a certain body. Half of me believes he actually can. As for Mundine/Froch, it could make for a big fight.....but i will stick by Froch and say late KO.:banana:

Bull****. Your more bias than i ever have been. Look at this thread.

And by picking Froch by KO shows that.

Froch will get demolished by Kessler when they fight.

Enjoy it.

black.ink
05-05-2008, 04:27 AM
Bull****. Your more bias than i ever have been. Look at this thread.

And by picking Froch by KO shows that.

Froch will get demolished by Kessler when they fight.

Enjoy it.

There's nothing in this thread showing bias from me. All i've said is Froch would beat Mundine. What's wrong with that?

I've betted a lot in boxing, not petty sums i might add. If they fought, i would bet huge money on Froch.

You just got to admit your boy will face defeat if they ever meet.

Dick-Sucker
05-05-2008, 04:43 AM
There's nothing in this thread showing bias from me. All i've said is Froch would beat Mundine. What's wrong with that?

I've betted a lot in boxing, not petty sums i might add. If they fought, i would bet huge money on Froch.

You just got to admit your boy will face defeat if they ever meet.

My Boy? No thanks.

Your talking about the 2nd best SMW in the world.

No reason for you to say Froch wins.

Because he simply doesn't.

Keep Dreaming.

CraigM
05-05-2008, 05:05 AM
My Boy? No thanks.

Keep Dreaming.

Are you saying Kessler or Mundaine beats Froch?

black.ink
05-05-2008, 05:29 AM
My Boy? No thanks.

Keep Dreaming.

That's bias. Who decided Mundine is the 2nd best SMW in the world?
Bute, Froch, Taylor and Miranda would all beat him.......and we all know about Kessler.

You also say Froch's power isn't top 5 in the division. Are you kidding me? That's his biggest asset. I'd argue that he is the hardest hitter in the division. He's definitely the most feared. The Guzman of SMW.

Dick-Sucker
05-05-2008, 06:32 AM
That's bias. Who decided Mundine is the 2nd best SMW in the world?
Bute, Froch, Taylor and Miranda would all beat him.......and we all know about Kessler.

You also say Froch's power isn't top 5 in the division. Are you kidding me? That's his biggest asset. I'd argue that he is the hardest hitter in the division. He's definitely the most feared. The Guzman of SMW.

The most feared lol?

He would struggle to beat Junmar Dulog.

You must realise there is a world of SMW fighters outside your town.

Dude the guy has beat no one. Mundine has beaten Echolls, Green, Soliman convincingly, lost to Kessler by the same margin Kessler lost to Calzaghe. Enough said.

Kessler kills him aswell.
So does Bute.

So does Miranda and Taylor.

Please don't compare the 2.

black.ink
05-05-2008, 07:40 AM
The most feared lol?

He would struggle to beat Junmar Dulog.

You must realise there is a world of SMW fighters outside your town.

Dude the guy has beat no one. Mundine has beaten Echolls, Green, Soliman convincingly, lost to Kessler by the same margin Kessler lost to Calzaghe. Enough said.

Kessler kills him aswell.
So does Bute.

So does Miranda and Taylor.

Please don't compare the 2.

There's only one guy i can't see Froch getting past and that's Kessler. Froch has an awkward style that will be a nightmare to compete with for the other contenders. Froch will get the chance to show you when he's officially mandatory after May 10th.

Nobody will have a reason to run.

Dick-Sucker
05-05-2008, 08:28 AM
There's only one guy i can't see Froch getting past and that's Kessler. Froch has an awkward style that will be a nightmare to compete with for the other contenders. Froch will get the chance to show you when he's officially mandatory after May 10th.

Nobody will have a reason to run.

LOL.

Whos running mate?

Froch has called out Calzaghe. Because he knows Calzaghe won't fight him. Hes the one running. How many times has he called out Kessler?

Dude get with it man.

Froch may be good. But let him proove it.

x-PeROxiDE-x
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
What he surposed to do, all the so called big boys run a ****in mile when it comes to fighting Frochy. Berrio was offered 100K but went missing when it came to signing, Calzaghe had the chance but took fights with Bika, Ashira and Manfredo and he says Froch is a Joke. What he realy means is ( **** that im not fighting Froch if i dont have to.) I think they might have made miles more money from tickets alone than the above mentoned 3.

Any credibility you might have had well and truly dissappeared when you claimed one of, if not the best fighters in the division's history dodged a man who's only win of note came against an aging **** star Calzaghe has already beaten more convincingly.

black.ink
05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Any credibility you might have had well and truly dissappeared when you claimed one of, if not the best fighters in the division's history dodged a man who's only win of note came against an aging **** star Calzaghe has already beaten more convincingly.

Froch had the style to worry Calzaghe, but i agree, he wouldn't have beaten him.

x-PeROxiDE-x
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Froch had the style to worry Calzaghe, but i agree, he wouldn't have beaten him.

Exactly, good post. Froch would cause him problems, much like Kessler did. But Calzaghe would be able to adapt and would ultimately take Froch to school.

The Monk
05-06-2008, 05:17 AM

Since when was a razor thin split decision more convincing than a tko?

Dick-Sucker
05-06-2008, 06:17 AM

Come on man. Its like saying if Joe stops Roy now, its better than when Tarver stopped him the 1st time. Fighters are at different stages in there career.

The Monk
05-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Come on man. Its like saying if Joe stops Roy now, its better than when Tarver stopped him the 1st time. Fighters are at different stages in there career.

Yes, I understand that. If he had said "Calzaghe beat a prime Reid, while Froch beat a shot Reid" , I would say fair enough. But to say that Calzaghe's win over Reid, which was debatable eventhough I had Joe by 2 rounds, is more convincing than Froch stopping Reid is not true.

adietheforestfa
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Evans Ashira has lost to Frochs ****in sparring partner FFS. Froch at the time
was British and Commonwealth Champ.

Are you trying to say Ashira is more Credible than Froch???

Calzaghe was far from convincing againsed Reid.

If Reid is shot WTF are Popkins and Jones.

Name any current fighter who has mentioned fighting Froch. It will be a short list cos they dont want it.

x-PeROxiDE-x
05-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Calzaghe beat a very good fighter in his prime having been injured and not sparred a single round.

Froch beat an old man who's training consisted of starring in various ****ographic films.

You're right, Froch's win was much more convincing....

The Monk
05-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Calzaghe beat a very good fighter in his prime having been injured and not sparred a single round.

Froch beat an old man who's training consisted of starring in various ****ographic films.

You're right, Froch's win was much more convincing....

I would suggest that the word you're looking for is better, not convincing.

rooq
05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
he won't get handed the belt. its not like he holds an interim belt which will get upgraded to the full version.

he will have to fight someone for the vacant title. inkins the number 2 but as he can't train for 4 weeks without getting injured, i expect froch to fight kessler for the vacant belt (assuming kessler gets a warm up fight in the next month or so).