View Full Version : Chris Leben Arrested.

Blair_Wells#32
05-02-2008, 02:08 AM
MMAjunkie.com is reporting that UFC middleweight contender and Ultimate Fighter I contestant Chris "the Crippler" Leben was arrested for a DUI in Oregon late Wednesday night. Leben is scheduled to face Michael "the Count" Bisping in England for UFC 85 in less than six weeks. How this arrest will effect this fight still remains up in the air

Virgil Caine
05-02-2008, 04:50 AM
It probably won't effect the fight, unless its his third which is a felony in Oregon.

2swell k-wells
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
it better not cause im looking forward to this fight as well.

Virgil Caine
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it should be a great fight. I wouldn't really expect it to effect the fight. Even if it is his third, it'll be stalled up at the DA's office for a while before the case is even filed.

Blair_Wells#32
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM
There has been some confusion over Chris Leben's arrest and subsequent jail time. Promoter T. Jay Thompson cleared things up with a post he made on the Hawaii Underground:
Chris Leben was not arrested this week for DUI.

When Chris moved to Hawaii he was in the process of completing classes for his probation on an old DUI in Portland Oregon. We worked hard to get his probation transferred to Hawaii but were unsuccessful.

When he got the call to fight Bisping on June 7th in London he knew what he had to do.

He immediately flew to Oregon and turned himself in on the probation violation. The warrant was a "no bail" warrant so he will have to sit in jail for 8-10 days before he gets a hearing. The moment he appeared before the judge after turning himself in the warrant was revoked and he is able to get his VISA for London.

Chris is in excellent shape and will finish his training camp with the help of Matt Hume.

Chris has worked hard the past year to grow both physically, mentally and spiritually. The actions he took to make this fight happen in London show this growth. Chris would like everyone to know he accepts responsibility for his past actions and will face the consequences and continue forward on his journey.

SEE YOU ALL IN LONDON June 7th!

Virgil Caine
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I just caught that story at another site.

That fight should be a ****in war.

2swell k-wells
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
i got the cunt winning the standup.

Blair_Wells#32
05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
it should b a good stand up fight, Bisping though i can't stand him had some quick hands against McCarthy at 185.
but Leben wouldn't b scared 2 hit back against him either an i believe he has the better chin....well more proven chin so far.
leben by tko.

2swell k-wells
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
his chin wasnt that good against the spider.

Blair_Wells#32
05-02-2008, 05:44 PM
:lol1: nobody's chin is good against the spider :P
Bisping was outstruck by an injured Hamill, so i don't think he'll last long with Leben.

vinnie7731
05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
it should b a good stand up fight, Bisping though i can't stand him had some quick hands against McCarthy at 185.
but Leben wouldn't b scared 2 hit back against him either an i believe he has the better chin....well more proven chin so far.
leben by tko.

yeah, it lookd like he had fast hands against mc carthy but it didnt look like he hits hard at all. mccarthy took continuous punches and knees by bisping for a while without really defending. i think mccarthy finally tapped out cause one of the knees really hurt his forearm. to me, it just doesnt look like bisping has too much power behind his punches.
chris leben has a great chin and i think he will easily be able to take bispings punches. i see leben throwing a few heymakers, dropping bisping and finishing it on the ground...tko..ref stoppage.