View Full Version : Which of these has the best chance?

Clegg
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Pavlik-Lockett: I watched some Lockett clips on youtube, which isn't the best way to judge a fighter I know, but he just doesn't seem that good. His only chance is to get lucky with a big punch, but even so he doesn't have what it takes to KO Pavlik IMO.

Hatton-Lazcano: Lazcano has been inactive for a while, is coming off a loss and was never that great when he was at his best. He's been picked as an easy fight for Hatton and I expect he'll be stopped around the 6th.

Malignaggi-N'Dou: I cannot see how N'Dou has a chance. He spent every round of their first fight following Paulie around the ring. While he is probably the harder puncher, he doesn't even have a punchers chance because Malignaggi has a very good chin. Malignaggi also knocked him down in their first fight, so even if it became a toe-to-toe I can't see N'Dou winning.

Valero-Shimada: Never seen Shimada fight but he's 36 and for some reason is dropping down 2 weight classes for this fight, which may mean that he ends up weight drained. He's ranked by boxrec as the 142nd best fighter in his division.

De la Hoya-Forbes: This is my pick. Forbes will be motivated like hell for this, and there's a chance that de la Hoya doesn't take him seriously enough. I'm still 95% sure that DLH will win, but Forbes is the only one of these who I'd say has any chance at all.

RichCCFC
04-30-2008, 09:28 PM
N'dou has the best chance out of those lot imo.

good_looking01
05-01-2008, 12:21 PM
N'dou has the best chance out of those lot imo.

Agreed, He can walk through Paulies punches and punish him if he can learn how to cut the ring off better abnd stop walking forward in straight lines

x-PeROxiDE-x
05-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Lockett is a BIG puncher, and Pavlik's chin is anything but resolute.

Oscar will humiliate Forbes (or rob him, doesn't matter, Forbes has NO chance).

Malignaggi is an awful champion, but N'Dou is worse.

Hatton has a point to prove, and against an old inactive man coming off a lose, he will make it in devastating fashion.

Lockett is the only man with a chance, but even that is a very slim one.

Brian13
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Can't see Lockett winning , Pavlik is an extremely good fighter. I would like to N'dou winning so people can finally see the battle of britain between Hatton and Witter because it is stupid that the two best light welterweights in the world will not fight each other for so stupid reason