View Full Version : Chuck Responds 2 Kimbo......

Blair_Wells#32
04-28-2008, 04:32 PM
from mmajunkie.com

The back-and-forth media battle between EliteXC heavyweight Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson and former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell just entered round three.

Liddell struck first when he said a checkered past of beating up a "bunch of guys on the street" is the only reason for Ferguson's popularity. In a YouTube video response, Ferguson warned that Liddell is "only creating a monster" who's going to zip Liddell's mouth shut for good.

Liddell struck back over the weekend during an interview with the Dallas-based "Rear Naked Radio" radio show and again questioned Ferguson's body of work.

"All I said is fight to someone real," Liddell said. "The only guy he lost to in his street-fight things came into the UFC and lost. Fight a guy that is real and fight a guy... who has a few wins in MMA, and then talk about it."

Liddell was referencing Sean Gannon, a former Boston police officer who answered Ferguson's open call for opponents to fight in bare-knuckle bouts. The chaotic fight ended in victory for Gannon. The notoriety he earned from the widely distributed video earned Gannon an invitation to the UFC, where he suffered a bloody first-round TKO loss to Brandon Lee Hinkle. Gannon hasn't fought professionally since the defeat.

"Before he talks about fighting me, he might want to think about beating somebody that has a winning record," Liddell said. "He's an Internet sensation who beat up guys at Taco Bell. Come on. How hard is that to do?"

Liddell also criticized Bo Cantrell, who was Ferguson's opponent in his second professional fight.

"That first fight they had on HDNet, he fought a guy that had been knocked out two times before in less than 30 seconds, and he tapped on his way down in [that] one," Liddell said. "That was three fights that he lost in less than 30 seconds. How many guys do you know who's done that?

"Talk about a tomato can."

Rear Naked Radio broadcasts Saturday night on KLLI 105.3 FM, which is part of CBS Radio. Past episodes of the show can be downloaded from iTunes.

nodogoshi
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
"That was three fights that he lost in less than 30 seconds. How many guys do you know who's done that?

I can think of one by the name of James Thompson, Kimbo's next opponent lol.

Loss Neil Grove KO (Punch) CR 22 - Hard as Hell 7/14/2007 1 0:10

Loss Eric Esch KO CR 20 - Born 2 Fight 2/10/2007 1 0:43

Loss Aleksander Emelianenko KO PRIDE 28 - High Octane 10/31/2004 1 0:11

I guess he made it over 30 with Bean. There's 3 losses in a total of 1:04.

Point Blank
04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Kimbo wouldn't last a 1 round with a good mma fighter.

1bad65
04-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I love how the more Liddell tells it like it is, the more Kimbo gets all riled up.

And Baserocks is correct, Thompson is just a better known version of Cantrell.

I've never seen a more protected MMA fighter in my life. The fact that he main events cards is a ****ing disgrace.

2swell k-wells
04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
will kimbo fans still hug the nuts and defend him on here?

Don Corleone
04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Liddell is only telling it like it is. Kimbo is probobly just building up his record. I think a Liddell vs Kimbo fight would be big. Two stand up punchers trading it in the octagon but Dana will never invite Kimbo to the UFC

Tyson Jones
04-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Whoever wrote that is a horrible writer.

MetalVomit
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Kimbo gets retired in the first round by Chuck. lmao. The things people will say for publicity.

Blair_Wells#32
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
:lol1: yeah Chucks awesome, other fighters have called Kimbo out 2 from Elite XC but he hasn't responded 2 them.....could he actualy b scared of them.
Buentello, Rizzo, damn forgot the others, Hell Even Fellow Freak Show Fighter Butterbean has called him out an still nothing, he only Replies 2 Chuck cause he knows Chuck wouldn't waste his time on him.
who knows maybe Thompson can pull off a win(doubt it) :lol1:

Biggus Dickus
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I love how the more Liddell tells it like it is, the more Kimbo gets all riled up.

And Baserocks is correct, Thompson is just a better known version of Cantrell.

I've never seen a more protected MMA fighter in my life. The fact that he main events cards is a ****ing disgrace.
How is he protected? He has had less than 5 fights. You can't honestly expect him to jump in there with Antonio Silva given his lack of experience.

Give Kimbo another year or two, if he doesn't step it up by then it will be safe to say he is protected but until now he is what he is, a hyped up streetfighter who has made the jump across to a mainstream sport.

HotSizzle
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM

Defend him from what?

Dice
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Not to defend Kimbo but Chucks mad that Kimbo makes what took Chuck damn near ten years to make

HotSizzle
04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Not to defend Kimbo but Chucks mad that Kimbo makes what took Chuck damn near ten years to make

It's like they say haters are gonna hate when you start getting that money.

Dice
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Kimbo has skills and room to grow but he'd get destroyed against A competition, at the same time its not his fault he sells tickets so Chuck needs to shut his mouth and work on that conditioning

Don Corleone
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Kimbo has skills and room to grow but he'd get destroyed against A competition, at the same time its not his fault he sells tickets so Chuck needs to shut his mouth and work on that conditioning

Chuck won his last fight against Silva and it went to decision. He probobly doesn't expect to go the distance but he has recently

Naps
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Chuck still gets more per fight than Kimbo I would've thought....

Don Corleone
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Even if he was higher ranked then Chuck I would figure that Chuck would still get payed more at UFC. I don't think EliteXc can pay their guys much with the profit they make and their financial situations

Blair_Wells#32
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Chuck still makes alot more, he was asked about Kimbo an Gave his honest Oppinion.
an nobody can deny he's been fighting people pretty much Designed for him 2 beat.
so in a sense he is being protected by elite xc, when most fighters get their first fights they at least fight people who are on the same skill level an not washed up an over the hill.

Gareth Ivanovic
04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
See Chuck is saying the same kind of things some of us have been saying for a while now. Chuck is one of those people that isn't easily fooled.

2swell k-wells
04-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Defend him from what?

just defend him, say that he will beat chucks ass, that kimbo is #1..you know, what most of guys say.

Biggus Dickus
04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
For a start these guys fight for different orgs that refuse to negotiate with each other or cross promote. Secondly, these guys fight in two different weight divisions.

Why is this fight even being talked about again?

nodogoshi
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
For a start these two fights for different orgs that refuse to negotiate with each other or cross promote. Secondly, these guys fight in two different weight divisions.

Dana tried to cross promote Lidell-Silva with Pride so it wouldn't surprise me if Dana agreed to cross promoted this. And EliteXC cross promotes all the time.

And Kimbo's size advantage is one thing that makes this fight interesting.

HotSizzle
04-28-2008, 10:56 PM
just defend him, say that he will beat chucks ass, that kimbo is #1..you know, what most of guys say.

I'm a fan but I don't think anybody here even his fans would say he would beat chuck right now.

2swell k-wells
04-28-2008, 11:22 PM

cause they aint nothing else to discuss, and The Iceman had some things to say bout Kimbo which some quotes were funny, thats why its being discussed.

Don Corleone
04-28-2008, 11:55 PM
There are many other topics to discuss. This fight most likely wouldn't happen soon. Dana has no interest in Kimbo right now and doesn't like to crosss promote as you have seen with Fedor Emelianeko and probobly because he doesn't like to promote guys who aren't in his business for various marketing reasons

Dice
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm a fan but I don't think anybody here even his fans would say he would beat chuck right now.

Yea exactly I will say this tho, Chuck does get paid more but Chuck didnt start out getting paid 500k a fight, it took him years of MMA to do that, Kimbo just start and he making 250k.

Chuck SHOULD own him in a fight tho

Biggus Dickus
04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Dana tried to cross promote Lidell-Silva with Pride so it wouldn't surprise me if Dana agreed to cross promoted this. And EliteXC cross promotes all the time.

And Kimbo's size advantage is one thing that makes this fight interesting.
After the back and forth trash talk between Dana and Gary Shaw, I seriously doubt this fights happens. Too much risk with too little reward from Dana's perspective.

The Silva/Liddell fight made sense because it was to determine the number 1 lightheavyweight in the world.

A Kimbo/Chuck fight makes no sense whatsoever.

Don Corleone
04-29-2008, 12:07 AM
They are also in different weight classes too. I think Liddell could make HW but he look like he wants to stay at LHW and that makes more sense

2swell k-wells
04-29-2008, 12:37 AM
There are many other topics to discuss. This fight most likely wouldn't happen soon. Dana has no interest in Kimbo right now and doesn't like to crosss promote as you have seen with Fedor Emelianeko and probobly because he doesn't like to promote guys who aren't in his business for various marketing reasons

well start making threads man, cant do it myself:sleeping:

1bad65
04-29-2008, 01:39 AM

Looks like your question got answered.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 01:44 AM
How is he protected?

Are you retarded????

He fought a 40-something BOXER with no MMA training! Then he fought a guy who had been KO'd repeatedly in the first round. Then he fought ANOTHER over 40 guy who was not even that good in his prime. Now he is fighting another guy with 2 recent KO losses that were in under 15 seconds of Round 1!

And he called out ANOTHER over 40 RETIRED boxer (Tyson), another crappy retired MMA guy (Gannon), and Butterbean!

Name ONE guy who has been this protected. ONE GUY.

NeXt In Line
04-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Isn't Chuck fighting at 205? Kimbo weighs like, 237 doesn't he? Either Kimbo would have to lose a ton of weight to fight Chuck, or Chuck would have to move up.

Even though Kimbo isn't a good MMA fighter yet, do you still think Liddell could handle his power? Kimbo's a big dude.

Biggus Dickus
04-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Are you retarded????

He fought a 40-something BOXER with no MMA training! Then he fought a guy who had been KO'd repeatedly in the first round. Then he fought ANOTHER over 40 guy who was not even that good in his prime. Now he is fighting another guy with 2 recent KO losses that were in under 15 seconds of Round 1!

And he called out ANOTHER over 40 RETIRED boxer (Tyson), another crappy retired MMA guy (Gannon), and Butterbean!

Name ONE guy who has been this protected. ONE GUY.
He has had a grand total of 4 fights, do you expect him to be fighting Fedor?

Everyone fights cans for there first couple of fights, thats pretty much a given if you look at most MMA fighters records. But if you look at his pattern of competition it is slowly getting better:

Cantrell = ****
Tank Abbott = less ****
James Thompson = less **** again

my point stands, if he is still fighting these guys in a year then it is safe to say he is protected, but not after 4 fights. Streetfighting is not MMA, he need to be brought along just like any other fighter.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 03:17 AM
So name ONE fighter who has been this protected then.

Actually Cantrell has a better record than Tank, and is not over 40. And Tank never got KO'd TWICE in under 15 seconds like Thompson has. His competition is not getting any better.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 03:18 AM
He has had a grand total of 4 fights, do you expect him to be fighting Fedor?

No, but someone with a winning record would be nice.

And if they are under 40 that would be a bonus as well!

Blair_Wells#32
04-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Cain Velasquez***8217; <<<<< U Can't Tell Me This Guy Wouldn't Make Kimbo His *****.....Suck It UP Kimbo Nut Huggers.
they have the same ****en Record an Cain would **** up the ***** Known AS KIMBO.......
Same ****in REcord....
Cain Would Mess UP Your Hero Known AS KIMBO Slice.....

pesticid
04-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Wait a second! Aren't they in different weight divisions? I mean Kimbo looks like he weighs in at 245lbs.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Brett Rogers is 6-0 and under contract with Elite.

Face it nutriders, he is gonna keep fighting either guys who suck, guys over 40, retired guys, or guys with no MMA training.

Blair_Wells#32
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
NO Cain is a heavy weight.
an he would School the ***** Kimbo.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM

So is Rogers.

And yes, both of them would embarrass Kimbo.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-29-2008, 11:25 AM

All you do is hate on Kimbo, it's funny. Everyone knows and even Kimbo knows, he's not on the level of a seasoned MMA fighter but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to win a fight with one.

I know you MMA purist don't like the fact a street fighter has taken the sport by storm (I heard a kimbo mention during the NBA playoffs) but you have to admit he is intriguing as a fighter.

If anything with his size, power and boxing ability, he has a chance to KO anyone in MMA, like it or not. And that's what makes him and exciting fighter to watch.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
True MMA fans look at Kimbo the way true boxing fans look at Butterbean.

The guy fights F-Level fighters and calls out F-level fighters, as well as guys who aren't even MMA fighters.

I usually don't agree with Dana White, but he is correct in that Kimbo is an embarrassment to the sport.

Since the other guy failed, maybe you can do it: Can you name even ONE guy who has been this protected?

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
True MMA fans look at Kimbo the way true boxing fans look at Butterbean.

The guy fights F-Level fighters and calls out F-level fighters, as well as guys who aren't even MMA fighters.

I usually don't agree with Dana White, but he is correct in that Kimbo is an embarrassment to the sport.

Since the other guy failed, maybe you can do it: Can you name even ONE guy who has been this protected?

Your not looking at from the point of view you should be. Nobody is claiming that Kimbo is going to win a world title but the fact that he's so strong in a sport that relies more on athletic abitlity and power than anything else...gives him a shot.

The butterbean example was a bad one because, Butterbean was a tough man fighter who never wanted take his boxing to the next level. He basically fought 4 rounders and understood he couldn't progress beyond that. Kimbo ont he other hand WANTS to take his game further and I think the demand of the public will get him there.

For all you purist's, for your sake, you better hope Kimbo never beats a good MMA fighter because your credibility and the credibility of the sport will be shot.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 01:43 PM
The butterbean example was a bad one because, Butterbean was a tough man fighter who never wanted take his boxing to the next level. He basically fought 4 rounders and understood he couldn't progress beyond that. Kimbo ont he other hand WANTS to take his game further and I think the demand of the public will get him there.

Yeah, cause Kimbo was an Internet street fighter first. At least Toughman is sanctioned! How does he want to take his game further? By fighting more F-level guys?

For all you purist's, for your sake, you better hope Kimbo never beats a good MMA fighter because your credibility and the credibility of the sport will be shot.

He would have to fight one first!

2swell k-wells
04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Looks like your question got answered.

yezzurrr, knew there would be fans, i use to watch his fights on youtube...was entertaining but his move to mma is just...bad.

HotSizzle
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
yezzurrr, knew there would be fans, i use to watch his fights on youtube...was entertaining but his move to mma is just...bad.

how was it bad? he's making money and obviously he's getting all this attention from chuck and the ufc so to speak, if dana or chuck don't like the guy and say he can't hang with the top guys then move on and forget about him.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
The reason MMA fans dislike him is because he is bad for the sport.

This may be news to you, but MMA is not even legal in all 50 states, unlike boxing. There are still politicians and Combative Sports Commisions in some states who want to outlaw it. When they see some idiot beating up people on the 'Net suddenly being a pro MMA fighter it gives the anti-MMA crowd ammunition to use to hurt the sport.

Don Corleone
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
well start making threads man, cant do it myself:sleeping:

I do make threads and many people respond but untill a good topic comes up I just post on other ones

Don Corleone
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM

I don't think its a bad move at all. Whether his skills are as top notch as some say or whether some disagree that he isn't the fighter people claim, he is still making a big noise in MMA. If Dana doesn't care about him much and didn't think he is a threat to his fighters then he wouldn't keep answering every single comment by Kimbo. He would do what most professional presidents of a business do and give a professional response and leave it at that. He kind of adds fuel to the fire in a way because he feeds into the hype of him. He makes people want to watch him more. The way I see it, Kimbo might not be the greatest MMA fighters right now but he is bringing in more fans to the sport. That is just what the sport needs. How is he supposed to be criticized for that. Isn't that what the sport needs, more media hype and more attention. I also think that people are expecting too much of him right now. Sure everyone would want to see him fight Liddell and the big name guys but he just started MMA. No one has faught top ranked guys when they first came into the sport. Everyone just wants to see him lose so they can say he is a bad fighter. He is good for business and people must admit it. I'm not defending him just stating the facts and the way it is

1bad65
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I pointed out exactly how he is bad for the sport.

When UFC was in its infancy, it was bringing in tons of new fans. That did not stop it from being outlawed in many states. Not all attention is good attention. He brings negative attention to the sport, even fans of his have to admit that.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
As for Dana, he is constantly trying to hammer home the point that the fighters are true athletes who are professionals and train in their sport just like athletes in other sports do and that MMA is a legit sport. He is trying to get away from the 'no rules, human ****fighting' perception some people have for the sport. Having some clown headline shows who is best known for beating up guys in a backyard on the 'Net is a huge step back for the legitimacy of the sport.

2swell k-wells
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
how was it bad? he's making money and obviously he's getting all this attention from chuck and the ufc so to speak, if dana or chuck don't like the guy and say he can't hang with the top guys then move on and forget about him.

the bad thing is, street fighter...coming to mma, what the sport dont need, how many times do we have to ****en say this to you???????

HotSizzle
04-29-2008, 05:19 PM
the bad thing is, street fighter...coming to mma, what the sport dont need, how many times do we have to ****en say this to you???????

Yes your right, what we need is more WWE wrestlers moving to mma:lol1: and how many times does who have to tell me what?

1bad65
04-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes your right, what we need is more WWE wrestlers moving to mma:

Hey nutrider, Brock Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight. Lesnar was a two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college.

How you can compare that to some guy who beat up some guys in a backyard is beyond me.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
And Lesnar's first fight was with an ex-HW Champion still in his prime years. Kimbo's first fight was with a 46 year old retired boxer with NO MMA TRAINING.

2swell k-wells
04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Biggus Dickus
04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
And Lesnar's first fight was with an ex-HW Champion still in his prime years. Kimbo's first fight was with a 46 year old retired boxer with NO MMA TRAINING.
Get your facts straight, Lesnar's first MMA fight was in K-1 against an ABSOLUTE scrub who probably wouldn't win against Bo Cantrell. His record was an outstanding 3-6. As soon as he stepped it up in his fight against Mir he got exposed. NCAA aint MMA & Mir showed that within 2 minutes. That was always going to happen and pretty much always does when you bring a fighter along too quickly, which is exactly my point about bringing Kimbo along slowly.

And I hardly see anyone here riding Kimbo's nuts, but myself & most others here see him for what he is, an unproven streetfighter who is trying to cross into a mainstream sport. He is taking things seriously by training with Bas Rutten so he deserves a little bit of credit for that IMO.

But like I said time will tell as to whether or not he steps it up and you can't expect him to be fighting champions straight away.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
My bad on Lesnar's first opponent. A 3-6 guy is a tougher opponent than a guy with NO MMA TRAINING though. Do you disagree?

I was initially giving him some respect, however I lost all of it when he called out Mike Tyson. Not only does Tyson have NO MMA TRAINING (see a pattern here?), Tyson is ****ing retired!

Lesnar was not exposed in the Mir fight. He actually came away with the respect of MMA fans who actually know and understand the sport.

Again, answer this: Can you name even ONE guy who has been this protected?

HotSizzle
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey nutrider, Brock Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight. Lesnar was a two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college.

How you can compare that to some guy who beat up some guys in a backyard is beyond me.

Nutrider?:rofl: Nah son I am fan tho, but the only nutrider around here would be you. tell me why the only threads I see you post in are kimbo threads or something that has to do with him:thinking:

And who the fuk is comparing here?

1bad65
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Nutrider?:rofl: Nah son I am fan tho, but the only nutrider around here would be you. tell me why the only threads I see you post in are kimbo threads or something that has to do with him:thinking:

And who the fuk is comparing here?

I post plenty. Pay attention. Just been alot of Kimbo threads lately.

Whose nuts am I riding?

What experience in MMA do you have? How long have you been a fan?

The comparison is what Brock did before MMA and what Kimbo did before MMA. Brock was a top amateur wrestler, Kimbo had some backyard fights. There is a big difference there.

Biggus Dickus
04-29-2008, 08:39 PM
My bad on Lesnar's first opponent. A 3-6 guy is a tougher opponent than a guy with NO MMA TRAINING though. Do you disagree?

I was initially giving him some respect, however I lost all of it when he called out Mike Tyson. Not only does Tyson have NO MMA TRAINING (see a pattern here?), Tyson is ****ing retired!

Lesnar was not exposed in the Mir fight. He actually came away with the respect of MMA fans who actually know and understand the sport.

Again, answer this: Can you name even ONE guy who has been this protected?
so if someone is submitted in a fight in under 2 minutes he hasn't been exposed? He did real well for the first 75 seconds of a fight but then got subbed. What exactly did that tell you? It told me he stepped up in class too fast. He got respect for stepping it up so quickly but at the end of the day he could not last 120 seconds. Don't get me wrong I think Lesnar has the potential to be a future champ if he sticks with it but he should not have taken that fight.

Fair point about calling out Tyson, that is ridiculous.

I'm not defending Kimbo's record but for a guy with no MMA training and only 4 fights it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. I just think in order to be protected you have to have a fair number of fights under your belt.

For example I think Vanderlei Silva was more or less protected as the PRIDE middleweight champ for a while given the amount of scrubs he fought between the 2nd & 3rd Sakuraba fight and the amount of 'non title' bouts he had, that's how I'd define protected.

But to be perfectly honest I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

It was an interesting debate though dude, take it easy.

nodogoshi
04-29-2008, 09:01 PM
And I hardly see anyone here riding Kimbo's nuts, but myself

I can agree with you there..

1bad65
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
It's all good, thanks for talking rationally.

As for Lesnar I would not say exposed. He was subbed by an-ex HW chanp who is a BJJ Black Belt. Also, if you saw the fight Lesnar was booed heavily coming in. My guess is it was cause of the WWE factor. But when he spoke after the fight he was cheered.

Don Corleone
04-29-2008, 09:22 PM
As for Dana, he is constantly trying to hammer home the point that the fighters are true athletes who are professionals and train in their sport just like athletes in other sports do and that MMA is a legit sport. He is trying to get away from the 'no rules, human ****fighting' perception some people have for the sport. Having some clown headline shows who is best known for beating up guys in a backyard on the 'Net is a huge step back for the legitimacy of the sport.

Don't listen to everything Dana says. Dana says what he wants to ensure the marketing success and popularity increase in favour of his business. He once said that Fedor Emelieneko wasn't a top fighter. Why did he say this? Because he couldn't reach a deal with him to fight Couture which was one of the reasons Couture left UFC. Dana has been recently unprofessional and inproper in the way he treats his fighters.

He sure isn't one to be quoting in MMA. Dana right now is bashing Kimbo why? Because he sees him as a treat to his organization. If this weren't so, he would've decided to give one formal speech about why he wouldn't sign Kimbo and that's it. Every channel you turn to that deals with UFC has Dana talking about why Kimbo isn'ta great fighter. Maybe he should focus on how he could improve his PPV buys and stop worrying about fighters from EliteXC.

Also in reply to when you said that Kimbo doesn't deserve to be in MMA because he is a backyard fighter doesn't make much sense. MMA for some people is a place to engage in combat sports in a licensed organization and to do it legally. Just because he was a backyard fighter doesn't mean there's no place for him in MMA. If there is an exciting fighter are fans going to think, "I'm not watching this guy because he was a backyard fighter on youtube and such violence doesn't belong in MMA". No, because MMA is a combat sport that deals with all forms of martial arts which deals with the same style that Kimbo used in his backyard brawls. Again i'm not defending him, just stating facts. IMO I think anyone that can bring many fans in and cause great hype is exactly what MMA needs. If they weren't to let him in MMA, then what would UFC fight for in making it legal. It doesn't make sense to make some guys fight in MMA and not others

HotSizzle
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
I post plenty. Pay attention. Just been alot of Kimbo threads lately.

Whose nuts am I riding?

What experience in MMA do you have? How long have you been a fan?

Your on kimbos nuts thats who, and yes you do post plenty on kimbo threads maybe lol. and theres also been alot of non kimbo threads as well but haven't seen you on them.

WTF does my mma experience have to do with anything?

and I've already told you once already on how long I've been a fan.:slap:

The comparison is what Brock did before MMA and what Kimbo did before MMA. Brock was a top amateur wrestler, Kimbo had some backyard fights. There is a big difference there.
UHHHHHHHHH OK And who said anything different?

1bad65
04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Dana is not someone I usually agree with. He is not just looking out for the UFC, but MMA. Trust me, when someone wants to ban MMA Kimbo will be their poster child.

I never said he doesn't deserve to be in MMA. I said I don't see how a guy with only 3 fights is in a Main Event vs a 43 year old has been with a losing record. It's a joke.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
WTF does my mma experience have to do with anything?

If your going to argue with people over how good a guy is or is not in MMA, your opinion would hold more water if you had trained in MMA.

You can see this, right?

HotSizzle
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
If your going to argue with people over how good a guy is or is not in MMA, your opinion would hold more water if you had trained in MMA.

You can see this, right?

And who was arguing about how good he is?:slap: dam dawg you gotta start paying attention.

Ok now so let me get this straight going from your logic your saying that the articles and opinions of all the reporters and analysts that have never trained mma but have covered it for years really doesn't matter and wouldn't know what they are talking about?

Don Corleone
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm just surprised to see why people don't like Kimbo. Sure he hasn't faught time name guys but he hasn't lost either. I know everyone is going to say well he can't lose when he's fighting these kind of guys but why he doesn't deserve to be in a main event. He is still starting off his record. No one faced the greatest out there when they start. Look at everyones record they put them against guy the same or even lower ranked. Some guys start facing a high ranked fighter in their 5-10 match. He's only faught a few guys. I think people need to give him a chance. You'd think he's been losing his fights for people to be on his case this much

1bad65
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Ok now so let me get this straight going from your logic your saying that the articles and opinions of all the reporters and analysts that have never trained mma but have covered it for years really doesn't matter and wouldn't know what they are talking about?

There is a huge difference in a reporter and a fan. You ever been backstage at an event? Ever interviewed a fighter? A trainer? A promoter?

As for analysts, most played or coached in the sport they are paid to analyze.

1bad65
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm just surprised to see why people don't like Kimbo.

Because he is a fraud in EVERY way. First he was marketed as an ex-con fighting for money to survive. That was a complete lie, he had never been to prison and was employed by an adult film company. He even attended college on an ACADEMIC scholarship. He was also said to be the cousin of the boxer Emmanuel Augustus. That too is a complete lie. Hell, Kimbo Slice is not even his real name! It's Kevin Ferguson. I'm guessing his handlers lied about his real name to make it harder to disprove the Vanilla Ice style fake bio they made up for him.

Don Corleone
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Because he is a fraud in EVERY way. First he was marketed as an ex-con fighting for money to survive. That was a complete lie, he had never been to prison and was employed by an adult film company. He even attended college on an ACADEMIC scholarship. He was also said to be the cousin of the boxer Emmanuel Augustus. That too is a complete lie. Hell, Kimbo Slice is not even his real name! It's Kevin Ferguson. I'm guessing his handlers lied about his real name to make it harder to disprove the Vanilla Ice style fake bio they made up for him.

Ye but many people have nicknames. You think people really think Tank Abbott is his real name. "Tank' is a nickname but that's what he goes by. Same with Mirko Cro-cop. It's really Mirko Fillipovic. It doesn't really discredit him as a fighter. A fraud isn't an attribute set to his specific skills. It is more personal

1bad65
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Your embarrassing yourself.

Care to explain why they would make up his being an ex-con? Or his fake family ties?

Don Corleone
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Your embarrassing yourself.

Care to explain why they would make up his being an ex-con? Or his fake family ties?

I'm embarassing myself? Or are you looking like an idiot trying to discredit someone for something that has nothing to do with his in ring ability. Stick to talking about MMA. How does it concern you bout him being an ex-con or his fake family ties. Like honestly who cares man. You seem to be following him a lot. Someone who follows a fighter would most likely have him on there favourite list but that's not the case here. Again not defending him but when people like you come here and post nonsense I must post something against it

Don Corleone
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Seems like your just another one of Dana's YES MEN

1bad65
04-30-2008, 12:15 AM
My point is he is ALL HYPE. The fake bio fits right in with the hype. What sounds better: an ex-con fighting to redeem himself and feed his family OR a guy who is college educated and decided to try fighting?

Nonsense? I posted FACTS about the guy.

As for Dana White, I think he is trying to grow MMA. But I know he has an enormous ego that at times gets in the way of smart business. He also holds grudges too long and that has hurt business as well. He also underpays fighters, and often times cuts loose guys who lose once, while keeping boring guys like Tim Sylvia around way too long.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
We all know if he loses to Thompson, that will show he sucks. But say he wins and then fights yet ANOTHER joke of an opponent after Thompson. Will your opinion on him change then? When do you think he needs to fight a decent guy?

HotSizzle
04-30-2008, 01:43 AM
There is a huge difference in a reporter and a fan. You ever been backstage at an event? Ever interviewed a fighter? A trainer? A promoter?

As for analysts, most played or coached in the sport they are paid to analyze.

A big difference? yea maybe in a casual fan but theres alot of fans out there that actually know there stuff and some even know more then actual journalists. I may not have ever interviewed a fighter but I know my stuff when it comes down to it, so how bout you go find some other threads to post in that don't have to do with your favorite fighter kimbo.:fing02:

1bad65
04-30-2008, 02:25 AM
So in your 'expert' opinion and assuming he beats Thompson, who should he fight next, yet another easy fight or an actual test?

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-30-2008, 09:41 AM
My point is he is ALL HYPE. The fake bio fits right in with the hype. What sounds better: an ex-con fighting to redeem himself and feed his family OR a guy who is college educated and decided to try fighting?

Nonsense? I posted FACTS about the guy.

As for Dana White, I think he is trying to grow MMA. But I know he has an enormous ego that at times gets in the way of smart business. He also holds grudges too long and that has hurt business as well. He also underpays fighters, and often times cuts loose guys who lose once, while keeping boring guys like Tim Sylvia around way too long.

First off you don't have a CLUE about what you are talking about. Kimbo HIMSELF never once tryed to appear as anyone's cousin or an ex-con. I live in Maimi and have seen Kimbo in and around town and have a friend that works for BangBros and knows Kimbo very well and he says that Kimbo is one of the nicest most down to earth people you will ever meet.

He was a football player and made his rep on that and then was asked if he wanted to fight for money since growing up in Maimi you are going to fight anyway, why not make some cash doing it.

Kimbo is what he is, he's never tried to be someone he's not and if some of his promoters or internet geeks tried to make him out to being something he's not, that's on them. If you listen to Kimbo talk he's never come off as a tough guy or rude or uneducated or anything like that. He's a classic example of not reading a book by it's cover.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-30-2008, 09:45 AM
So in your 'expert' opinion and assuming he beats Thompson, who should he fight next, yet another easy fight or an actual test?

What do you expect the guy to do? Fight top level competition being about a year into the sport? LOL...WTF???

He's training and learning the sport as best he can, you have to remember, he's no spring chicken, the guy is like 32-33 years old. For a fighter to start at that age is unheard of and to have the limited success he has is very impressive.

By the way, "Kimbo Slice" is a nickname, I don't know if youv'e notice but fighters tend to have them.........

As far as being bad for the sport because he's adding to the stereotype of people wanting ban it, people have been trying to ban boxing for over 100 years and it's still here. Dana White and the people around him did the right thing by bringing in gloves and rules and that will keep the sport alive for a long, long time. You don't have to worry about that.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 10:24 AM
What do you expect the guy to do? Fight top level competition being about a year into the sport? LOL...WTF???

Where did I say 'top level'? Brett Rogers is on that card. He is 6-0. He is fighting a guy who is 4-2. Something like that, not these F-level guys he is fighting now.

He's training and learning the sport as best he can, you have to remember, he's no spring chicken, the guy is like 32-33 years old. For a fighter to start at that age is unheard of and to have the limited success he has is very impressive.

Guess you never heard of Randy Couture. His first fight in MMA was at 33.

By the way, "Kimbo Slice" is a nickname, I don't know if youv'e notice but fighters tend to have them..........

Actually the 'Net videos said that was his name. As well the fake ex-con and Emmanuel Augustus lies as well.

Dana White and the people around him did the right thing by bringing in gloves and rules and that will keep the sport alive for a long, long time. You don't have to worry about that.

Again showing your ignorance of the sport. The gloves were brought in well before Zuffa bought UFC. They were not brought in to legitimize the sport as much as to lower the amount of broken hands the fighters were getting. Many rules were added before the Zuffa purchase as well. Zuffa talked to various State's Combative Sports Commisssions and added a few more the Commissions wanted in order to license the sport.

You do know John McCain was the first guy to call for banning MMA, right? Last I heard he was running for President. FoxNews just ran a negative MMA story a week or so ago. And last year was the first MMA death in the US. While I doubt it will be banned, giving the anti-MMA crowd more ammunition is not very smart.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 10:26 AM
He's training and learning the sport as best he can, you have to remember, he's no spring chicken, the guy is like 32-33 years old.

And two of his opponents were 10 years older than him! :)

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Where did I say 'top level'? Brett Rogers is on that card. He is 6-0. He is fighting a guy who is 4-2. Something like that, not these F-level guys he is fighting now.

He's fought, what.....twice in MMA. You have to start somewhere and he will fight much better guys in the very near future. Guaranteed.

Randy Couture has an extensive history in wrestling, Kimbo does not and as you know you have to be able to defend in the ground game to even have a chance against better fighters.

Actually the 'Net videos said that was his name. As well the fake ex-con and Emmanuel Augustus lies as well.

I will say it again, I don't know where you got these reports from because Kimbo himself NEVER once claimed he was an ex-con or was related to Emmanuel Augustus. If you have ever heard the guy talk, he's the most down to earth nice guy you will ever meet. I have seen the guy in and around town and a close friend works for BangBros and used to see him all the time, the guy is what he is. He's not nor has ever tried to be something he's not.

Again showing your ignorance of the sport. The gloves were brought in well before Zuffa bought UFC. They were not brought in to legitimize the sport as much as to lower the amount of broken hands the fighters were getting. Many rules were added before the Zuffa purchase as well. Zuffa talked to various State's Combative Sports Commisssions and added a few more the Commissions wanted in order to license the sport.

My ignorance? you just said what I said, basically that the gloves and rules where brough tin to legitimize the sport, which is the bottom line. People have been trying to ban boxing for over 100 years and it hasn't succeded and it won't in MMA. If it makes money, it will survive and the UFC is raking in the dough.

You do know John McCain was the first guy to call for banning MMA, right? Last I heard he was running for President. FoxNews just ran a negative MMA story a week or so ago. And last year was the first MMA death in the US. While I doubt it will be banned, giving the anti-MMA crowd more ammunition is not very smart.

McCain also tried to have boxing banned and even petitioned to be it's "czar" to regulate the sport. Just hot air from politicians trying to win over a more conservative group. Like it or not, Kimbo is here and if he beats a top level guy, you will be ****ting in your pants because your precious MMA will lose credibility.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
You said Dana White brought in gloves. You were wrong.

McCain tried to ban boxing?!?! Where did I miss that one? He is married to a woman on the board of Anheiser-Bucsh/Budweiser Corp. They are huge boxing supporters. McCain is often seen at big boxing fights.

At least get your facts straight when riding his nuts.

So when he will fight this top-level guy you keep crowing about? I will laugh my ass off if Thompson pulls off the upset on May 31st. Then your pants will be the dirty ones!

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM

1) He has to start somwhere, he has zero experience in MMA and is doing the right thing by testing the waters. He WILL fight much better competition in the very near future.

2) Couture had a very extensive history in wrestling, Kimbo has none and as you know you need to know the ground game in order to compete on a higher level.

3) Again, Kimbo has never ever himself claimed to be an ex-con or be realted to anyone. My close frind works for BangBros and he said the dude is the most down to earth nices guy you will ever meet. He's very repsectfull and knows exactly what he's trying to do in the sport. Kimbo is no fake, he's as real as it gets.

4) Ignorance?? Hahaha, you said the same thing I just said. No matter who brought gloves into the sport, weight limits and gloves were brought in to lagitimize the sport and that's exactly what they have done.

5) **** John McCain, he's another politician who just says what is popular at the time to get votes and support. He also wanted to ban boxing and when he found out he couldn't he offered to be it's "Czar" in order to regulate it. Boxing and MMA aren't going anywhere, don't worry about that.

Your just nervous about Kimbo and it's apparant. If he beats a top level guy, it will discredit MMA and you will be in shambles....get over it, Kimbo is herre and he's learning.

2swell k-wells
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
And two of his opponents were 10 years older than him! :)

good point:headbang:

1bad65
04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
McCain was a supporter that 'Muhammad Ali Boxing Act' that Ali himself was for. It was not to ban boxing at all. One of the things it does is it created a database with all the States Commissions and with Mexico to keep guys from getting KO'd and instead of serving a suspension going to another state to fight or going to Mexico.

Your clueless as to how the sport works, and your proving it.

Don Corleone
04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
We all know if he loses to Thompson, that will show he sucks. But say he wins and then fights yet ANOTHER joke of an opponent after Thompson. Will your opinion on him change then? When do you think he needs to fight a decent guy?

I will not arugue that the guys he fights aren't the best fighters out there. But again, which fighter have you seen start off his 4th win against the top fighters. I think you're not giving him enough time to get used to the sport. Sure people like Mccain are trying to ban it, but Kimbo shouldn't be anyones excuse to ban it. He is a fighter just like everyone else in the sport is. Also what you're not getting is your comparing his personal attributes to his skills which are two seperate topics. What fighters do outside the ring have nothing to do with what they do inside. Whether he was a convict or not it doesn't matter because it shows no relevance to what his ability is inside the ring. Vince McMahon claims he is a billionaire but he really isn't but does that make him any less of a great businessman? Not really. Kimbo is great for the sport and the positives outweigh the negatives. Don't be a critic of the sport, be a fan, and don't be a judge be a spectator

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-30-2008, 03:57 PM
McCain was a supporter that 'Muhammad Ali Boxing Act' that Ali himself was for. It was not to ban boxing at all. One of the things it does is it created a database with all the States Commissions and with Mexico to keep guys from getting KO'd and instead of serving a suspension going to another state to fight or going to Mexico.

Your clueless as to how the sport works, and your proving it.

Your right, I was wrong about McCain and I can admit that but the fact remains that every other thing you have said about Kimbo is wrong.

He never packaged himself in a lie, claiming to be some ex-con or related to some fighter.

As far as the gloves are concerned, we said the same ****ing thing. The gloves and weight classes were brought in to legitimize the sport and it has. People have been trying to ban boxing for 100 years and it hasn't worked and alot more people die from boxing than MMA.

IMO boxing is much more dangerous than MMA and the only reason people are worried about MMA is because they don't know enough about it. They just keep seeing clips of UFC 1 and 2 and seeing the blood and the mismatches.

Kimbo is what he is, like him or not. I don't see anything wrong with him trying to make a living fighting. IF you are right, then Kimbo won't get far in the sport. Oh, and he is trying to fight better opposition but it takes time.

He's not Couture or any other ex-wrestler who knows the ground game, he's just a street fighter that's been training under MMA fighters for just over a year, that's all he is. BUT...he does have the abillity to KO a mother ****er and if given a chance, he will do it.

I suggest Chuck Liddell go for the take down IMMEDIATLY, becuase if he stands with Kimbo, the same thing that Rampage did to him will happen again.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Your right, I was wrong about McCain and I can admit that but the fact remains that every other thing you have said about Kimbo is wrong.

I appreciate you manning up.

He never packaged himself in a lie, claiming to be some ex-con or related to some fighter.

His handlers did on the vids. He not only continued making more vids with them, he still associates professionally with them today. To me that says he condones their actions.

As far as the gloves are concerned, we said the same ****ing thing. The gloves and weight classes were brought in to legitimize the sport and it has.

You're right on the weight classes, but gloves were brought in solely to protect the hands of the the guys punching. Too many guys were breaking hands in the early NHB days. If I'm not mistaken, Tank Abbott was the first fighter to wear them.

IMO boxing is much more dangerous than MMA and the only reason people are worried about MMA is because they don't know enough about it. They just keep seeing clips of UFC 1 and 2 and seeing the blood and the mismatches.

You are right here, I admit that. But the anti-MMA guys are really gonna use Kimbo's backyard **** to not only discredit the sport, but to discredit the fighters as athletes. You agree right?

Kimbo is what he is, like him or not. I don't see anything wrong with him trying to make a living fighting. IF you are right, then Kimbo won't get far in the sport. Oh, and he is trying to fight better opposition but it takes time.

Dude, Kimbo himself called out Tyson! A retired boxer with zero MMA training. He called out Gannon too. Gannon has been retired for over 2 years now. If he wants to fight better competition he needs to stop calling out retired guys!

Again, I have never seen someone this protected. And still no one has shown me wrong with an example of someone else as protected.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Dude, the guy is one year into his career......I mean come on, cut the guy a break. He can't jump in and fight top level guys because he has ZERO experience.

I don't think that there's anything anyone can do to ban MMA without banning boxing first. Boxing is much more dangerous and it's here to stay and so is MMA. It's all talk by the politicians to scare people and get the conservative vote, like I said before.

Dana White was on with Bill O'rielley and it was amazing to me how ignorant O'rielly was on the subject. He represents a large majority of Americans that don't know enough about the sport.

You just don't like some street fighter coming in and getting the coverage that Kimbo is getting, just admit that.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Dude, the guy is one year into his career......I mean come on, cut the guy a break. He can't jump in and fight top level guys because he has ZERO experience.

But calling out RETIRED guys is ridiculous. Admit that.

You just don't like some street fighter coming in and getting the coverage that Kimbo is getting, just admit that.

It's more than that. I don't like casual fans assuming he is the face of MMA just because of all the hype. Also, as a fan I want to see Main Events with 2 good fighters. I don't wanna see a guy who is 1-0 fighting an over 40 'never was' in a PPV Main Event.

HotSizzle
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Man stfu up already if you want to see "2 good fighters" then go watch the ufc and stop *****ing about kimbo.

2swell k-wells
04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
i got lost in the arguement.

Don Corleone
04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok how about this gets settled like this. Kimbo isn't the greatest fighter we all know that. I think most people will admit that. He is a lot of hype and with hype can bring confidence and with confidence can bring winning more. He doesn't fight top class guys because no one can do that in only their 4th fight. He is atleast fighting guys of which we can properly pronounce their names meaning they aren't really unknown. I think we can all agree on that. Also what we can agree on is that he has the potential of bringing in more MMA fans. Why would you risk him fighting the top level fighters when you can build his record and after he his really hyped then you can make him fight the best out there. I think that can also be agreed on. Also, no matter what excuse MMA critics make about banning it, there is a slim chance it will ever be banned because of Kimbo. What isn't but should be agreed is that the people who talk about Kimbo should put his personality aside and focus more on his skills. Also since bad65 is waiting for one person to answer him his question maybe you should answer this. Which MMA fighter started off fighting the top level guys and didn't start off fighting guys no one knew? Answer that and maybe your question can also end up with a response to it

HotSizzle
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok how about this gets settled like this. Kimbo isn't the greatest fighter we all know that. I think most people will admit that. He is a lot of hype and with hype can bring confidence and with confidence can bring winning more. He doesn't fight top class guys because no one can do that in only their 4th fight. He is atleast fighting guys of which we can properly pronounce their names meaning they aren't really unknown. I think we can all agree on that. Also what we can agree on is that he has the potential of bringing in more MMA fans. Why would you risk him fighting the top level fighters when you can build his record and after he his really hyped then you can make him fight the best out there. I think that can also be agreed on. Also, no matter what excuse MMA critics make about banning it, there is a slim chance it will ever be banned because of Kimbo. What isn't but should be agreed is that the people who talk about Kimbo should put his personality aside and focus more on his skills. Also since bad65 is waiting for one person to answer him his question maybe you should answer this. Which MMA fighter started off fighting the top level guys and didn't start off fighting guys no one knew? Answer that and maybe your question can also end up with a response to it

I agree but *****65 acts like if kimbo can't have any fans or all his fans are **** and dont know ****. He's riding on kimbos nuts hard.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 08:01 PM
He's riding on kimbos nuts hard.

Don't use terms you don't know the meaning of. It makes you look foolish.

1bad65
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
You do know there are not just F-level guys and top-level guys right? You guys do see that right?

I have NEVER said he needs to fight top-level guys yet. Another guy early in his career with a similar record would be nice. But fighting retired guys over 40 and guys who have a habit of getting KO'd in under 15 seconds is a joke.

HotSizzle
04-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Don't use terms you don't know the meaning of. It makes you look foolish.

Your right I don't know the meaning of riding anybodys nuts, but you do and you do it well too.:lol1:

1bad65
04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
How do you define the term nutrider?

I would say I'm hatin', but not nutriding by any stretch. :) Idiot.

It's like that kid on COPS who was calling his mom a ***. The cop said 'do you even know what that means?'.The kid said yes. So the cop said 'then why are you calling her that? She can't be one!'

HotSizzle
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
How do you define the term nutrider?

I would say I'm hatin', but not nutriding by any stretch. :) Idiot.

It's like that kid on COPS who was calling his mom a ***. The cop said 'do you even know what that means?'.The kid said yes. So the cop said 'then why are you calling her that? She can't be one!'

I wouldn't even call it hating no more your way past that. when all you do is post in kimbo threads then yea you a big kimbo nutrider.:nutkick:

1bad65
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Idiot. It's like calling a guy who is 4'2 a giant.

But hey, your a fan. So you must know more about MMA than a guy licensed as a trainer, or guys who train, or the reporters paid to cover the sport, or the the fighters themselves like Chuck Lidell.

Dice
05-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Idiot. It's like calling a guy who is 4'2 a giant.

But hey, your a fan. So you must know more about MMA than a guy licensed as a trainer, or guys who train, or the reporters paid to cover the sport, or the the fighters themselves like Chuck Lidell.

I was gonna ride on you for your comments on Kimbo but you admitted that your a hater.

Just to get things in a nice clear pic for you so you can save your breath, none of us fans think Kimbo is elite, and WE ALL NO HE'S PROTECTED.

At best we all think he has room to grow but even we dont think that will happen. At the same time theres really no need for you to get all bent out of shape over this guy. I can understand that you feel dissrespected that an ametuar is getting all the love and money but its not his fault people like him.

Hell people used to ***** about the Gracies, "Royce sucks, he only wins cuz he makes you tap but if he stood up and traded shots he'd get ko-ed", its like its not there fault that you cant defend against there moves, its how they win.

Long story short, dont think that us Kimbo fans, at least me and Hot Sizzle, really think this guy is a contender, we know he's not, at the same time, he's entertaining TO US AT LEAST, and hating on any man is just a waste of your time.

O and this isnt me trying to diss or school you, its just the posts got out of hand and I wanted the responses to revert back to a more adult manner so if your gonna reply back by acting like a child or by pulling rank and throwing your martial arts in my face then dont even bother responding

On another note, Renzo's the damn man although I think in my opinion Hickson is better

1bad65
05-01-2008, 01:42 AM
I was gonna ride on you for your comments on Kimbo but you admitted that your a hater.

Cool. Like I've said before, I just want him to fight decent guys cause I like watching good, competative fights.

On another note, Renzo's the damn man although I think in my opinion Hickson is better

I've never met Renzo, but my first instructor had trained under him in BJJ. He ran a Renzo affiliate school.

I got my Blue Belt from Rolles Gracie Jr, one of the Black Belts at Renzo's academy.

Dice
05-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Yea thats sick, I wouldnt expect Renzo to be there much, He gained my respect after owning Frank shamrock, who im a huge fan of

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Cool. Like I've said before, I just want him to fight decent guys cause I like watching good, competative fights.

I've never met Renzo, but my first instructor had trained under him in BJJ. He ran a Renzo affiliate school.

I got my Blue Belt from Rolles Gracie Jr, one of the Black Belts at Renzo's academy.

He's been in the sport for 1 year!!!!! What part of that don't you get? You don't have to be an actual fighter to know about the sport. I have been boxing since I was 13, fought amature never pro and I was never good enough to be a world champ but I know about the sport.

There are guys who are 10X the fighter I will ever be or dreamed to be but can't instruct in the sport. Not every coach, trainer is an ex fighter. Just like in other sports as well.

Gareth Ivanovic
05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I understand them bringing Kimbo along slowly because he's new to the MMA game and was used to fighting the AfroPuffs, Dreads, and BigMac's of the world. The problem I have though is him fighting in a main event on EliteXC against a washed up no chance Tank Abbott. Then if you have Showtime you see that all the EliteXC commercials basically just show him. He's was even sitting ringside with Gary Shaw at the Tarver/Woods fight. He's already the face of EliteXC and hasn't fought anybody above a bum.

Then you look at EliteXC's contract with CBS and guess what on there first show Kimbo Slice of bread is headlining again against another bum. With the fighting game not being on one of the major networks in years, I would think most boxer's and pretty much all MMA guy's would kill for that time slot. That's huge exposure. EliteXC had a good chance of exposing the sport of MMA to the masses, but instead their goal is to make money and get exposure for Kimbo. The thing is though I understand why he is headlining because their is a demand to see him fight and more people probably know who Kimbo Slice is then let's say a GSP or Anderson Silva. For me it's just a ploy to make money for Gary Shaw and Kimbo and not progressing the sport of MMA. BTW im actually a way bigger boxing fan than MMA, but i appreciate what those guys do in the ring and outside of it to get prepared.

Blair_Wells#32
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
:nonono: i'm pretty much the anit-kimbo on this forum :lol1: i in no way shape or form believe he is good for the sport, especially with main event on a national tv fight card.
i believe it is a big step back for the sport having a street brawler representing mma.
so i sit here waiting for the day when he gets exposed by a decent fighter an stops this kimbo nonsense in its tracks.

Don Corleone
05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
:nonono: i'm pretty much the anit-kimbo on this forum :lol1: i in no way shape or form believe he is good for the sport, especially with main event on a national tv fight card.
i believe it is a big step back for the sport having a street brawler representing mma.
so i sit here waiting for the day when he gets exposed by a decent fighter an stops this kimbo nonsense in its tracks.

Well aparently they are getting better ratings so it is good for MMA. So basically people here are giving him no chance. It's like you guys are making it against MMA rules for a former backyard brawler to ever make it to the top of MMA. Many street brawlers are in the UFC how come no one talks about them. I guess they're an exception because they're from the UFC. Kimbo should be given a chance just like anyone. If you discount Kimbo as a fighter then you discount many other MMA fighters that you probobly like to watch because he has similiar styles to them. I don't see what's wrong with him in MMA. He isn't representing MMA at all. UFC's fighters mostly represent MMA because of they're attention and amount of media coverage they get. EliteXC doesn't get as much

Blair_Wells#32
05-02-2008, 05:54 PM
really now.....name me another fighter beside kimbo an the wimp gannon who got into mma through back yard street fighting on youtube......
i've heard of other a few years back who got a shot from streetfighting an got their asses handed 2 them by real fighters.
jus like kimbo will when he fights someone decent instead of the same bums he has been fighting.
i posted this thread cause i liked what chuck said, he spoke the truth about the guy an him an his fans get all pissy about it :lol1:
an in my other thread about kimbo he put his foot in his mouth callin down randy's wife :lol1:
i donno i'm done with this thread now.
better fighters 2 talk about, like bisping vs leben, or wanderlei vs jardine.
i'm out.
peace.

Don Corleone
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
really now.....name me another fighter beside kimbo an the wimp gannon who got into mma through back yard street fighting on youtube......
i've heard of other a few years back who got a shot from streetfighting an got their asses handed 2 them by real fighters.
jus like kimbo will when he fights someone decent instead of the same bums he has been fighting.
i posted this thread cause i liked what chuck said, he spoke the truth about the guy an him an his fans get all pissy about it :lol1:
an in my other thread about kimbo he put his foot in his mouth callin down randy's wife :lol1:
i donno i'm done with this thread now.
better fighters 2 talk about, like bisping vs leben, or wanderlei vs jardine.
i'm out.
peace.

I know what your saying but I wasn't implying that everyone was a streetfighter what I'm saying is most people have no previous experience of MMA and just enter into it because they like it. Look at TUF on UFC, a lot of them are bums off the street looking to get some money by fighting. They probobly don't know the true meaning of the sport but that doesn't mean there's no room for them in the sport. I like Chuck as a fighter way better then Kimbo but I'm just saying that you should'nt count him out

1bad65
05-03-2008, 12:17 AM
He's been in the sport for 1 year!!!!! What part of that don't you get?

Ok, his first fight was against a guy who bragged he had NO MMA TRAINING! And even then his handlers made it an exibition fight just to cover their bases in case he lost. His 3rd fight was against a RETIRED fighter.

It's you can't see that MMA is not just world champs and F-Level guys. Kimbo could fight a guy who has roughly the same record as he has and I would respect that.

nodogoshi
05-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Yea thats sick, I wouldnt expect Renzo to be there much, He gained my respect after owning Frank shamrock, who im a huge fan of

You mean the time when Renzo quit after being fouled?

nodogoshi
05-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Ok, his first fight was against a guy who bragged he had NO MMA TRAINING! And even then his handlers made it an exibition fight just to cover their bases in case he lost. His 3rd fight was against a RETIRED fighter.

It's you can't see that MMA is not just world champs and F-Level guys. Kimbo could fight a guy who has roughly the same record as he has and I would respect that.

Yeah, like the guy who KOd Thompson in his last fight is something like 4-0. They might've actually made for an interesting fight.

2swell k-wells
05-03-2008, 09:11 AM
kimbo is bad for the sport....NUFF SAID.

1bad65
05-03-2008, 10:44 AM
You mean the time when Renzo quit after being fouled?

The guy had a concussion! The ref stopped the fight and it was ruled a win via DQ for Renzo.

Calling Renzo a quitter is bull****. This is the guy who suffered a dislocated elbow rather than tap out to a kimura vs Sakuraba.

1bad65
05-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, like the guy who KOd Thompson in his last fight is something like 4-0. They might've actually made for an interesting fight.

That would be Brett Rogers. Ironically enough he is under contract with Elite. I wonder why Shaw won't match them up....

2swell k-wells
05-03-2008, 02:58 PM
wow this is a good thread, keep the arguements coming boyz, 1bad seems to be winning this one.

nodogoshi
05-03-2008, 04:06 PM
The guy had a concussion! The ref stopped the fight and it was ruled a win via DQ for Renzo.

Calling Renzo a quitter is bull****. This is the guy who suffered a dislocated elbow rather than tap out to a kimura vs Sakuraba.

I know, I was just talking **** but saying that Renzo owned Shamrock is also completely inaccurate. He won via DQ but the fight was just getting going.

1bad65
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
I know, I was just talking **** but saying that Renzo owned Shamrock is also completely inaccurate. He won via DQ but the fight was just getting going.

I would not say owned, but Renzo took him down and passed his guard at will. And Renzo is not known for his takedowns.

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-06-2008, 11:50 AM

The whole point REGUARDLESS of what you say about Kimbo is that he has all of a year under his belt. Bringing up past fights of his on the streets is a moot point. He's not the same type of fighter he was then and he even said he wouldn't fight guys on the street anymore because of the training he has had. It just wouldn't be fair.....

Kimbo doesn't have anything to prove to you, the guy is just trying to make a living and people like you are hating on that. If Kimbo loses against a good fighter, then so what. He's just trying to take this career as far as he can and it takes time to fight better class fighters because you better know what you are doing in the ring.

You yourself said this guy is a joke, so why would he fight higher level fighters is he himself according to you is an F class fighter?

I think what it is, is that you see Kimbo as the stereo typical black dominant male and that intimidates you a little. Maybe you want to see someone with gold teeth and from the "ghetto" get beat down by a light skinned trained proffecional.......

I don't know what it is exactly but you definitly have a thing for Kimbo, that's for sure.

75th
05-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Liddell would rape this guy within 2 rds.

1bad65
05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I think what it is, is that you see Kimbo as the stereo typical black dominant male and that intimidates you a little. Maybe you want to see someone with gold teeth and from the "ghetto" get beat down by a light skinned trained proffecional.......

You're downright pathetic. You really should be ashamed of yourself. You're calling me a racist to argue that a protected bum is not a protected bum?!?!

Actually I enjoy 'Rampage' Jackson's fights. And he plays up a ghetto image, with his grill, chain, and the way he hypes up fights.

I would love to see Kimbo get beat down by ANY fighter. I keep saying he needs to fight Brett Rogers. I wouldn't call Bret Rogers light-skinned. Idiot

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-06-2008, 01:24 PM
You're downright pathetic. You really should be ashamed of yourself. You're calling me a racist to argue that a protected bum is not a protected bum?!?!

Actually I enjoy 'Rampage' Jackson's fights. And he plays up a ghetto image, with his grill, chain, and the way he hypes up fights.

I would love to see Kimbo get beat down by ANY fighter. I keep saying he needs to fight Brett Rogers. I wouldn't call Bret Rogers light-skinned. Idiot

HAhaha, now I'm an idot. I never called you a racist, I just touched on what could be an sub-conscience thing you may have against black men with gold in their mouth and being from the "ghetto".

I just can't figure any other reason as to why you would hate on Kimbo. I mean, according to you he's a bum, so why is he such a threat or even topic of convo so much to you.

You seem obsessed by him and seem to know more about his career than the avg fan.

Time and time again, me and other posters have broken down to you why he fights the people he does and you ignore it. We have pointed out that the guy is just trying to make a dollar and some change.

We have pointed out he has been in the game for 1 year, yet you sontinue to want this guy to fight top level guys.....?????

It's ok, just say you don't like the guy...ok tough guy.

1bad65
05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I just can't figure any other reason as to why you would hate on Kimbo.

Considering I've posted why several times, you must be a little slow. I'll repeat it AGAIN.

I'm a fan of MMA. I like watching good, competitive fights. Especially in Main Events. I like competition in MMA, I wish PRIDE was still around. So here we have a major player in MMA, EliteXC, and their Main Events are a friggin joke.

Blair_Wells#32
05-06-2008, 02:22 PM
wow i thought this thread woulda died long ago......
don't worry bout it 1bad, all kimbo's youtube fans bring up the race card on other forums 2, its their last resort when they have nothing else 2 say.
plain an simple kimbo is not good for the sport, i've said it as well as others time an time again.
especially with this new deal with cbs, new fans are goin 2 b exposed an guess what they're gon see hyped up on the card, a back yard street brawler who jumped into the mma cage....an behold the image mma was tryin 2 get rid of will b right out there for new fans 2 see.
dana white an other promoters have stated that having that happen is a huge step back for mma.
cuauhtemoc i don't know if u should b talkin bout kimbo obsession seems the only time i see u around 2 is when a kimbo thread pops up.
well i'm out again.
got better fighters 2 talk about.
peace.

Spare Moody
05-06-2008, 02:22 PM
the long-term problem with Kimbo is that, by the time his ground game is polished well enough to last with A-level fighters, he'll probably be too old to stand much of a chance. i see his career escalating but not for long. no more than 5 years.

i do agree with what Chuck's saying but it's the hype that's bringing Kimbo all these opportunities. he's lucky that he became such an internet sensation and that's not his fault. he's doing what anyone else in his position would do. but people mistake this hype for Kimbo being some kind've overrated punk and he's actually a pretty humble, straight up guy. if people don't like all the Kimbo hype then roust the nuthuggers but not the fighter himself. he's doing everything right in his career.

Spare Moody
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
plain an simple kimbo is not good for the sport, i've said it as well as others time an time again.
especially with this new deal with cbs, new fans are goin 2 b exposed an guess what they're gon see hyped up on the card, a back yard street brawler who jumped into the mma cage....an behold the image mma was tryin 2 get rid of will b right out there for new fans 2 see.
dana white an other promoters have stated that having that happen is a huge step back for mma.

oh and dana white's style of promoting is good for the sport of mma??? he may be bringing tons exposure to mma but it's at the sacrifice of turning it into a scaled down version of wwf. he's the last guy who should be talking about preserving the attitude of mma as a sport.

i don't see kimbo's backyard brawling image being hurtful for the sport. unlike Tank, he respects mma and has been doing everything he can to become more well rounded of a fighter ever since this became his career.

1bad65
05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
oh and dana white's style of promoting is good for the sport of mma???

The average fan tuning in for the first time is not going to judge MMA based on the promoters. They are going to judge it based on the in-ring action and the fighters.

But just ask Jeff Lacy about Gary Shaw. From what I hear, White is a much better guy than Shaw.

nodogoshi
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
oh and dana white's style of promoting is good for the sport of mma??? he may be bringing tons exposure to mma but it's at the sacrifice of turning it into a scaled down version of wwf. he's the last guy who should be talking about preserving the attitude of mma as a sport.

i don't see kimbo's backyard brawling image being hurtful for the sport. unlike Tank, he respects mma and has been doing everything he can to become more well rounded of a fighter ever since this became his career.

Good points man.

I'm actually willing to give Kimbo the benefit of the doubt for now. I do kinda resent the fact that he's headlining the CBS card, but hopefully the cards solid at least. I just hope he eventually steps up the comp, and doesn't wind up being just a side show who knocks out bums all the time.

1bad65
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
but hopefully the cards solid at least.

It is. Robbie Lawler, Phil Baroni, Gina Carano, and Brett Rogers are all fighting. Even though Baroni is not what he once was, he is usually exciting to watch.

Spare Moody
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
The average fan tuning in for the first time is not going to judge MMA based on the promoters. They are going to judge it based on the in-ring action and the fighters.

yeah but i'm not talking about why the average fan tunes in. as i said, i know even the gimmicky promoters are doing a good job getting people to tune in. i'm talking about how the average fan will eventually see MMA. if this keeps up then it'll be looked less of as an actual sport and more like WWF.

and i don't mind people looking at WWF like it is because it really IS gimmick- prerehearsed, etc. but MMA isn't gimmicky so i do find it a little inappropriate to market it as such.

nonetheless, you still get great fighters and great fights so it's not that big of a deal to me. i just found it extremely ironic that guys like dana white are talking about preserving the outlook of MMA as a sport vs. making it look gimmicky.

Don Corleone
05-06-2008, 09:47 PM
If a former backyard brawler cannot be invited into the MMA and not be accepted by fans then where should he turn? Should he keep fighting people in a backyard? Isn't that somewhat bad to turn out backs to someone who doesn't involve himself with that anymore? I don't get what the problem is with Kimbo here. I don't like him nor do I dislike him. If anything, he is bringing in more fans to the sport. Fans don't care whether he was a backyard brawler or not. They want to see him put on a good show. The only people who complain about MMA and would put Kimbo as a bad example is because they are the critics. There will always be critics for a sport, you can't change that. There have been critics of the sport since it began but they're still today. Also the other half of the critics of Kimbo are people like Dana White who see him as a threat because of his rising popularity in the sport that might draw fans from UFC to Elite XC. That is all that can be said about that

Spare Moody
05-06-2008, 11:10 PM
well i think the critics are afraid he's gonna be another Tank.

Tank blatently talked **** on mma and all forms of martial arts. he would get trashed the night before his fight and occassionally whoop some ass. but after he got in the ring with A level fighters like Rizzo and Belfort then he became a joke and never recovered from it. i can understand why MMA doesn't want another Tank.

but Kimbo's doing the exact opposite. he knows he needs to work his ass off to make it to the top and be taken seriously. he's doing just that. if people want to acknowledge MMA as a sport then they hafta acknowledge the most basic element of competition: sacrifice

so to say Kimbo's a disgrace to MMA is completely ass-backwards.

kaps
05-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Win win situation, people tune in to watch the internet sensation, and get too see some real fighters on the undercard. Let Kimbo make his money, he'll have no real impact on the sport. No way he'll ever rank fighting the guys he's fighting now, but sooner or later he'll get a serious test and I'll judge him from that fight...

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
wow i thought this thread woulda died long ago......
don't worry bout it 1bad, all kimbo's youtube fans bring up the race card on other forums 2, its their last resort when they have nothing else 2 say.
cuauhtemoc i don't know if u should b talkin bout kimbo obsession seems the only time i see u around 2 is when a kimbo thread pops up.
well i'm out again.
got better fighters 2 talk about.
peace.

I'm not bringing up race at all , I was just teasing homeboy to try and push his buttons a little. In reality I just don't understand why people hate on Kimbo, he's just trying to make a few dollars.

If he's a bum then non of you will have to worry about him getting any major fights because someone will expose him early on.

I'm a big fan of MMA and come in here to talk about it and learn a little about it. I wouldn't have a problem with some dude taking up boxing and getting alot of attention from it because I know if he's a bum he will get beaten eventually.

1bad65
05-07-2008, 03:06 PM
If he's a bum then non of you will have to worry about him getting any major fights because someone will expose him early on.

I consider Main Events big fights. It's even worse that its two bums fighting in the damn thing.

Don Corleone
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Whether he's a bum or not, EliteXC don't really care, their making money off of him and he's making money and gaining popularity from the fans

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
well i think the critics are afraid he's gonna be another Tank.

Tank blatently talked **** on mma and all forms of martial arts. he would get trashed the night before his fight and occassionally whoop some ass. but after he got in the ring with A level fighters like Rizzo and Belfort then he became a joke and never recovered from it. i can understand why MMA doesn't want another Tank.

but Kimbo's doing the exact opposite. he knows he needs to work his ass off to make it to the top and be taken seriously. he's doing just that. if people want to acknowledge MMA as a sport then they hafta acknowledge the most basic element of competition: sacrifice

so to say Kimbo's a disgrace to MMA is completely ass-backwards.

What can I say great minds think a like.

YUHHHHHHH!
05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I've lived in the city my whole life, I have to give it up for Kimbo. And it's not even sympathy, it's just me knowing what people think of a stereotypical hood brawler. And how completely opposite of the stereotype he really is. Kimbo Slice has been stand up fighting for his entire life, people don't understand this. It's the same transition that a dirty boxer would make into MMA, with even more of an advantage. On the streets, you need to know your basic take down defense, you need balance, you need to know what's around you. Sure, he needs to learn advanced wrestling and submissions, take down defense, etc. But his game plan will always be to go out there and do what he does best, bang with 'em.

Maybe he'll go far, maybe he won't. But I can guarantee you that Kimbo will bring more explosive and entertaining fights than 90% of the Heavyweights out there.