View Full Version : Froch vs Inkin OFF!!!!

adietheforestfa
04-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Inkin is claiming a bad back

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starjammer
04-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Inkin is claiming a bad back

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!! PLEASE!!

This is the second goddam time.

chrismart83
04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Again!!...

adietheforestfa
04-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Fraid so. Hennessy says he has replacements available, word is Berrio????

black.ink
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I've heard nothing of this.

Where is your source?

Mangler, although Calzaghe hasn't officially vacated/stripped of his belts, i'm not so sure he will defend it against any mandatory's. It looks like he's going to pick his remaining fights obviously vying for the big money (RJJ etc...)

The winner of this fight will likely be heading for a vacant title.

RichCCFC
04-26-2008, 12:43 PM
What a shame, looks like Carl has an excuse now for the next 5 years to why he hasn't fought anyone of note.

Clegg
04-26-2008, 01:19 PM
No mention of this online, but Wank Warren did make this claim in his article today. Hopefully it's not true.

badnewsbrown
04-26-2008, 02:25 PM
dont know how bad his back is but sometimes u have to fight injured. many fighters do. hope inkin steps up.

Rkicards
04-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Froch another english joke, the coward should fight Kessler for the vacant belt.

black.ink
04-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Froch another english joke, the coward should fight Kessler for the vacant belt.

How is Froch a coward you imbecile? He would gladly fight anybody anywhere.....problem is nobody will except.

This is a problem because we're not sure what his full potential against a top contender is.

He isn't running from anyone. To call him a coward is a joke. I hope this fight takes him to the next step, possibly for the vacant WBC title against somebody of note......then we can comment wether he is what he claims.

He's like the Guzman of the SMW scene. Can not get a decent fight or someone with enough balls to face him.

Hagler★
04-26-2008, 03:53 PM
no longer on itv's line up just ruined my night

badnewsbrown
04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
i hope they dont cancel the whole show. witter would be pissed.

adietheforestfa
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I've heard nothing of this.

Where is your source?

Mangler, although Calzaghe hasn't officially vacated/stripped of his belts, i'm not so sure he will defend it against any mandatory's. It looks like he's going to pick his remaining fights obviously vying for the big money (RJJ etc...)

The winner of this fight will likely be heading for a vacant title.

Source . Nottingam Evening Post Sat Ediion.

Sportin' Wood
04-27-2008, 01:58 AM
you have got to be ****ting me.

:(

GodOfWar
04-27-2008, 02:01 AM
dont know how bad his back is but sometimes u have to fight injured. many fighters do. hope inkin steps up.

Mikkel Kessler has had a bad back in most of his fights, though I never seen him use that as an excuse when he lost to Calzaghe. But I know something was leaked about his back being pretty bad against mundine.

Peder
04-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Can't really blame Froch for Inkin back***237;n out. Important is what he does next. I've heard there is a Dane looking for a high ranked opponent.

GodOfWar
04-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Can't really blame Froch for Inkin backín out. Important is what he does next. I've heard there is a Dane looking for a high ranked opponent.

Kessler kills Carl Froch in the ring by accident.

good_looking01
04-27-2008, 07:12 AM

I'm sure Froch would love too, however Kessler won't fight Froch until he has got a belt. Kessler wants bigger fights and it doesn't make good business sense to fight a dangerous opponent for little money and no reward!

As for Inkin he must be scared. hopefully the back up will be a good fighter. at this stage in his career Froch hasn't got time to weaste especially as he is alos a bit injury prone.

sterling
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
dam well that sucks

CraigM
04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Really is a shame that he cant get the fight, hope something decent comes about for Froch

The Monk
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't think Inkin had any intention of fighting the Cobra; lets face it, he would get KO'd anyway. I think the replacement will be Berrio, who in my opinion is a more worthwhile oppoent that Inkin anyway. Its common knowledge that Berrio is packing a bit of glass, but he also carries more than enough power in his fists so Froch's chin will get tested no doubt.

uppercut_84
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
It also makes it more exciting as he is a former IBF champion and is a big puncher.

Rkicards
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Berrio is crap and looked crap against bute, Inkin is a B class fighter. Problem is they would both beat the english joke Froch who has so far fought 23 bums. Both are huge steps up for the joke.

The Monk
04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Berrio is crap and looked crap against bute, Inkin is a B class fighter. Problem is they would both beat the english joke Froch who has so far fought 23 bums. Both are huge steps up for the joke.

Your hatred for the English is unhealthy, please see someone about it. In your 113 posts you have quickly rose to the top of the official p4p worst posters on boxing scene list...good going!

adietheforestfa
04-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Who should he fight then? eh Kermit

duffgun
04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Hopefully the card should still be on ITV they can jst move witter as the main event.

Dick-Sucker
04-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Mundine is currently without a fight.

All Froch has to do is call him out.

Then choc can ask the WBC for it to be for the title. A unification fight, which gets choc out of fighting mandatory Kessler.

Enoguh said and they fight.

But Froch doesn't want this. Trust me.

Clegg
04-29-2008, 08:27 AM
1. Calzaghe still holds the title, so it wouldn't be a unification fight
2. Mundine wouldn't be willing to take a fight on the other side of the world on a few days notice. I doubt anyone would, which is why Froch couldn't get a new opponent the last time that Inkin pulled out.

In an ideal world Froch would fight Bute. Two power punchers with less than perfect defences landing bombs until one of them went down.

At this short notice he'll be lucky to get an opponent in the top 25 who is willing to step in.

ATFsven
04-29-2008, 08:38 AM
The Witter fight still going ahead anyone know??

i have not seen the bloke he is fighting but heard he a bit of a bad ass.. but then i could have dreamt that.

duffgun
04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
The Witter fight still going ahead anyone know??

i have not seen the bloke he is fighting but heard he a bit of a bad ass.. but then i could have dreamt that.

Yep it still on ITV 1 on the 10th may

Sportin' Wood
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
it appears the American outlet (Showtime) is waiting to see if an opponent can be found for Froch.

that'd be sweet if Mundine was picked up. probably wont happen tho.

Dick-Sucker
04-30-2008, 02:28 AM
it appears the American outlet (Showtime) is waiting to see if an opponent can be found for Froch.

that'd be sweet if Mundine was picked up. probably wont happen tho.

Can't see why not. Mundine is looking for Winky, and Winky doesn't think hes big enough yet.

- Mundine will take a unfication fight at the drop of a hat. (2 months away from the Soliman fight though if he wins convincing).

I thought this fight would happen ever since last year if you read over my posts.

Lets just wait and see, how this middleweight move goes, he likely won't get a big fish there, which he wants.

black.ink
04-30-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm not so sure Mundine would take this on such short notice.

I'm struggling to think of any legit contender to be ready for 10th May.

Baby Monkey
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Jean-Paul Mendy

Sportin' Wood
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
on such short notice, Mundine will not take that fight.

adietheforestfa
04-30-2008, 06:27 PM
on such short notice, Mundine will not take that fight.

Should keep his mouth shut then

adietheforestfa
04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Mundine is currently without a fight.

All Froch has to do is call him out.

Then choc can ask the WBC for it to be for the title. A unification fight, which gets choc out of fighting mandatory Kessler.

Enoguh said and they fight.

But Froch doesn't want this. Trust me.

Trust you??? Froch would take a fight with Mundine. Why doesnt he go to press offering to fight Carl then?????

Sportin' Wood
04-30-2008, 08:07 PM

thats what boxers do......open their mouth.

RichCCFC
04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Kessler is ready for a fight now (so I've been told) but I'm 100% sure he wouldn't fight Froch for **** money. If the fight was postponed a few months and proper they used proper advertising then it might happen.

BattlingNelson
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Kessler is ready for a fight now (so I've been told) but I'm 100% sure he wouldn't fight Froch for **** money. If the fight was postponed a few months and proper they used proper advertising then it might happen.
Kessler is ready to fight in june. So a 3 week postponement and you can have another Kessler-fight in Britain.

Dick-Sucker
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Trust you??? Froch would take a fight with Mundine. Why doesnt he go to press offering to fight Carl then?????

Hes lazy.

All Froch has to do is call him some bad arse name. Its not hard luring Mundine in for a fight. He claims hes the greatest ever. Froch just has to say something really bad and fights on.

Not now, but within 2 months.

But it won't happen. Fighters never fight these days. twice a year. Nothing!!!

Unanimous
05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
So, who's fighting Froch?!? ITV have boxing scheduled for 10pm this Saturday.

Maybe Jim Rosenthal should get in there :)

adietheforestfa
05-02-2008, 08:40 PM
So, who's fighting Froch?!? ITV have boxing scheduled for 10pm this Saturday.

Maybe Jim Rosenthal should get in there :)

Word on the street is either Berrio or Jaidon Codrington.

What about Kessler in July at the City Ground, 30-40000 crowd???

Its for Sat 10th

Dick-Sucker
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Word on the street is either Berrio or Jaidon Codrington.

What about Kessler in July at the City Ground, 30-40000 crowd???

Its for Sat 10th

Probably no.

Because the fight wouldn't last 4 rounds.

Kessler is 5 times better than Froch.

JakeNDaBox
05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure Froch is still fighting. From what I've heard, Witter-Bradley was elevated to main event, and John Murray's lightweight fight against... (Fewkes?) is now the televised co-feature.

I'll find out for sure on Saturday, as I'm interviewing Froch and will hopefully get a straight answer to this. I feel bad for dude, took this fight as an eliminator to Calzaghe. Inkin postpones twice, now he might be left w/o a fight. The WBC makes him automatic mandatory (the right thing to do), only Joe will most likely vacate the title to stay at 175, which means Froch now loses out on a big payday.

Dick-Sucker
05-03-2008, 03:55 AM

Mundine has been doing charity work for the past 2 months. He hasn't spoke to the media once.

Tell Froch to shut his mouth, hes the one going off about Calzaghe. A fighter who hes not worthy of even being on his undercard at this stage of his career.

Clegg
05-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Probably no.

Because the fight wouldn't last 4 rounds.

Kessler is 5 times better than Froch.

Which Froch fights had you seen in their entirety when making this comment?

adietheforestfa
05-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Froch will fight Kingsley Ikeke on ITV Sat 10th. He the only SMW with the balls to Fight. Berrio didnt fancy it, Manfredo and Ashira needed more time to get up to 12st.

Kessler 5 times better than Froch!!!!!!!!!!! have you taken your medication??

Do you agree you will look a complete Numpty when The Cobra KOs Kesslers Ass??

BTW My Missus would KTFO Mundine. He is a *****.

At present it seem No one has the balls to Fight Carl.

If Calzaghe thinks he would beat Froch he would have faught him allready theres been pleanty of opportunity.

Clegg
05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Froch will fight Kingsley Ikeke on ITV Sat 10th. He the only SMW with the balls to Fight. Berrio didnt fancy it, Manfredo and Ashira needed more time to get up to 12st.

I don't blame Froch for this, he has been put in a bad position, but I am really disappointed by the quality of opponent. At least with Berrio, he has had 31 fights and only one has gone the distance, so you knew there would be excitement, but Froch vs Ikeke will probably just be one-sided.

Has Manfredo left SMW? He is fighting tonight against someone who is a cruiserweight, which is a bit strange.

Like I said, Froch isn't to blame, he has obviously tried hard to get a top quality opponent, hopefully his next match-up after this will involve the WBC title. After that I hope he goes after some of the big names such as Jermain Taylor.

JakeNDaBox
05-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't blame Froch for this, he has been put in a bad position, but I am really disappointed by the quality of opponent. At least with Berrio, he has had 31 fights and only one has gone the distance, so you knew there would be excitement, but Froch vs Ikeke will probably just be one-sided.

Has Manfredo left SMW? He is fighting tonight against someone who is a cruiserweight, which is a bit strange.

Like I said, Froch isn't to blame, he has obviously tried hard to get a top quality opponent, hopefully his next match-up after this will involve the WBC title. After that I hope he goes after some of the big names such as Jermain Taylor.

yeah, it would make more sense if it was suggested that Manfredo needed time to get DOWN to 12 st/168. But he's supposed to fight tonight and was also training for a May23 fight on ESPN2 which was to be at SMW. Sounds like a weak excuse, though Man-afraid-o is loaded with them lately.

I agree with you that Froch-Ikeke is little more than a showcase, but I've seen far worse last-minute mismatches pieced together. Hopefully Froch gets an immediate fight against a top player for the soon-to-be-vacant title in the near future, and dammit if the WBC gives Inkin another chance. But then, they're the same group that still believes Brittley Klitschko will one day return to the ring...

Baby Monkey
05-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Berrio wanted ***163;80,000 which they agreed to.

Then he ignored their emails and phonecalls until the beggining of the week and then demanded a ***163;100,000.

He is a dirty scabby Columbian bum who wasted the little time that Hennessy had to bring in a decent opponent.

Jean Paul Mendy said he'd fight - then he went quiet too.

Froch justs wants the TV and the pay cheque now and will put this all down to be a crap month full stop.

adietheforestfa
05-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Berrio wanted £80,000 which they agreed to.

Then he ignored their emails and phonecalls until the beggining of the week and then demanded a £100,000.

He is a dirty scabby Columbian bum who wasted the little time that Hennessy had to bring in a decent opponent.

Jean Paul Mendy said he'd fight - then he went quiet too.

Froch justs wants the TV and the pay cheque now and will put this all down to be a crap month full stop.

I believe the WBC have made Froch official No 1. Calzaghe must fight Froch before September or he is stripped and Froch becomes champion

Mugwump
05-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Froch is hungry and dangerous with explosive power and what seems to be a pretty solid chin.

I think he's taken a few bad options which have delayed his career, but now he seems to be zoning in on the belts.

Versus prime Mundine I'd have to bet against him. But Mundine is past his prime. Froch by stoppage or UD.

If he passes that test we're set for a pretty interesting Kessler-Froch bout.