View Full Version : If Kieth Jardine Beats Wanderlei Silva....

2swell k-wells
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
And doesnt get a title shot after, that'll be a huge let down.

Anyone Agree?

He probably shouldve got one after the Liddell fight:damnit:

Don Corleone
04-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I think he deserves one. After all, he did beat Griffin the one challenging Jackson. His only loss came against Alexander but even he lost recently. I think maybe one more fight but I can't see him beating my favourite LHW (next to Liddell) in the world. Silva is a real powerful puncher and will not let Jardine control the pace of the fight and will likely take the fight to him

kaps
04-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I think he should've got a shot before Griffin, but Griffin beat Rua so........Who the **** knows, there is no rankings, and Dana's boys will always get title shots before other people...

2swell k-wells
04-24-2008, 12:38 PM
yeah true, but if jardine wins against silva in great fashion and dont get a title shot then **** joe silva and dana white. They throw Jardine to the big dogs and the man still finds a way to win and still nothing. tsk tsk

jakkups
04-24-2008, 02:33 PM
He deserves one already, but alas its about the money that bouts can generate. Fact is Jardine doesn't draw the crowds, doesn't sell PPVs and isn't exactly a charismatic personality like you get with a Rampage or a Griffin. And as much as fans respect him for his recent accomplishments he still isn't "over" as a popular fighter.

Dorian
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
If Jardine ko's silva or beats him up good and looks impressive he deserves a title shot no doubt

Blair_Wells#32
04-24-2008, 05:32 PM
didn't Jardine lose b4 he fought Chuck, i don't think one win will get ya a shot. but if he does beat Wanderlei another top opponent i think he should get some Consideration.
On the other hand u have Machida an if he beats Tito i think he'll b Ahead of Jardine because of his Winning Streak.

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-24-2008, 05:58 PM
If Technoviking doesn't at least get LYOTO as his next fight, he's the Karo of LHW.

2swell k-wells
04-24-2008, 08:16 PM
didn't Jardine lose b4 he fought Chuck, i don't think one win will get ya a shot. but if he does beat Wanderlei another top opponent i think he should get some Consideration.
On the other hand u have Machida an if he beats Tito i think he'll b Ahead of Jardine because of his Winning Streak.

yeah he lost to houston, but has beaten Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell..doesnt that say something:damnit: :nonono:

might i add i still think he beat stephan bonnar awhile back too.

Don Corleone
04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Jardine's last loss was to Houston Alexander and Tito won't be getting a title shot because he will no longer be signed with the UFC after his contract is up after this fight with Machita. Liddell just came off a win against Silva and is up to face Evans after his injury heals up. I think he should then face Rua and if he wins he should face Jardine in a re-match to see who is contender for the LHW title after Jackson and Griffin face off

Don Corleone
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
That is ofcourse if Jardine beats Silva(which I don't think will happen) and if Liddell beats Evans and his next opponent after that whoever it may be

2swell k-wells
04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
hey, we all thought liddell was gon win, we all thought forrest had his number. The guy is underrated

Don Corleone
04-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I know don't get me wrong, Jardine is a great fighter and IMO his best fight came against the guy who is fighting for the LHW title, Forest Griffin but that's just what I think is going to happen. In the UFC we all know there are many upsets but I don't see this one to be one. When you really think about Jardine is not that much of an underdog considering he beat Liddell in his last match-up and Silva lost his lastest few fights so it will be an interesting match but Silva is my favourite LHW so I would be going for him to win

kaps
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
If Silva loses maybe he should hang em up. Or maybe go back to Japan and beat up Japs for a few more years before he retires.....

Harms
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
If Machida wins against Tito, he will get the next title shot. Jardine is going to have to most likely fight another fight after Silva.

2swell k-wells
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
If Machida wins against Tito, he will get the next title shot. Jardine is going to have to most likely fight another fight after Silva.

that is **** dont ya think? I dont think anyone heard of Machida until he beat sokujou. Brought this up because someone mentioned that Jardine aint marketable, well niether is machida. Machida vs Rampage/Griffin would be just as bad or even worst.:nonono:

nodogoshi
04-25-2008, 01:56 PM
If Jardine wins, he probably does deserve a shot. I'm sorta pulling for Silva though.

2swell k-wells
04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, Silva has the upperhand and im more of a fan of his than jardines but im just saying Jardine beat some big names and he dont really get mentioned about a title shot and if he were to beat Wandy(unlikely) he should get a shot.

Don Corleone
04-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Right now there are a lot of competitors in the LHW division. Something interesting to see would be if they took the PRIDE event GRAND PRIX and changed it a bit so. There would be a ladder like competition in which you would have to beat all your opponents one by one until you make it to the top. There aren't several belts for each division so each belt is worth more so I think that would be a good idea. They allready bought PRIDE they might as well use some of their match techniques if they want to draw in more fans

2swell k-wells
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
oohhhhh but tooo late man....ufc/pride are all dont with taht **** now: O

Don Corleone
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
your sentence doesn't make sense

2swell k-wells
04-26-2008, 06:59 PM
your sentence doesn't make sense

i was drunk.........:nonono: :439: muh bad

Don Corleone
04-26-2008, 07:27 PM