View Full Version : Dream MMA Match-ups

Don Corleone
04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
We all know there are those dream match ups that we would really like to see in MMA. There are many obstacles as to why these fights don't get made. One can be to injury, another can be because some fighters don't get signed and other are because they two fighters fight for different organizations. The one that I would want to see the most would be Randy Couture vs Fedor Emelianko but close ones would be Georges St.Pierre vs Anderson Silva or even Matt Serra vs Matt Hughes. Which MMA fight would you most like to see and why?

$ LegenD $
04-23-2008, 06:53 PM
of course right of the bat its GSP vs. SILVA.....tito ortiz vs. rampage.......

kaps
04-23-2008, 07:22 PM
of course right of the bat its GSP vs. SILVA.....tito ortiz vs. rampage.......

Ortiz vs Rampage will probably never happen. They're pretty good friends.

I'd like to see

Sakuraba vs Rickson Gracie - Watch the Gracie Killer finish what he started.
Filho vs A. Silva - Wont happen because of the friend thing
Igor V. Vs. Vanderlei Silva - Igor is retired now, but this match would've been epic in their primes..
Uriah Faber vs. BJ Penn
Fedor vs Randy Couture - The fight we've all been waiting for.
Randy Couture vs. Rampage @ LHW.
More to come...

Don Corleone
04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
There are many but my list is also

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson
Liddell vs Rua (should happen after Liddell heals up)
Jackson vs Kimbo (I know I would pick Jackson but it would be big hype)
Nog vs Couture
Griffin vs Henderson at LHW
Anderson vs Le a bit overated IMO but would still be interesting
Liddell vs Kimbo (two big stand up punchers)

AndersonSilva
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Ortiz vs Rampage will probably never happen. They're pretty good friends.

I'd like to see

Sakuraba vs Rickson Gracie - Watch the Gracie Killer finish what he started.
Filho vs A. Silva - Wont happen because of the friend thing
Igor V. Vs. Vanderlei Silva - Igor is retired now, but this match would've been epic in their primes..
Uriah Faber vs. BJ Penn
Fedor vs Randy Couture - The fight we've all been waiting for.
Randy Couture vs. Rampage @ LHW.
More to come...

haha never not even in your dreams will saku. beat Rickson Gracie .Theres no way hes gonna get beat on the ground of standing :boxing:

kaps
04-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Saku would beat Rickson. Rickson, and don't think I'm a hater, I even had a snake name Rickson, but truth is Renzo is the best Fighting Gracie, and Saku made him look bad. In there Primes, I pick Saku by Decision, unless it's no time limits like the Royce fight, then I see the fight going like 4 hours till someone gives up...

kaps
04-24-2008, 12:48 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS0T6gR66jo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS0T6gR66jo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

popkins99
04-24-2008, 01:10 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS0T6gR66jo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS0T6gR66jo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LEGEND!______

kaps
04-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Saku is god....

the giant one
04-24-2008, 03:38 AM
fedor/couture just to shut up half of sherdog

Blair_Wells#32
04-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Rickson By Pretty Much Whatever He Wants :biggthump

Fozz1
04-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Frank Shamrock vs St Pierre or Silva

Fozz1
04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Or Silva vs Rampage - Silva could hold 205lbs and give Jackson all sorts of dramas

kaps
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Rickson By Pretty Much Whatever He Wants :biggthump

Yeah, he fought Takada!!

2swell k-wells
04-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Richie Hightower vs Ross Pointon

AndersonSilva
04-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Saku would beat Rickson. Rickson, and don't think I'm a hater, I even had a snake name Rickson, but truth is Renzo is the best Fighting Gracie, and Saku made him look bad. In there Primes, I pick Saku by Decision, unless it's no time limits like the Royce fight, then I see the fight going like 4 hours till someone gives up...

no man not calling u a hater. I can see why your saying what you saying lol. I download Kazushi Sakuraba's Complete MMA career torrent. I've seen all his fights this guy is very very good. i cant even believe some of the stuff he does in the ring. the sliding kick to the grounded opponent... double chop ...2 much to list.

Renzo Gracie the best fighting gracie how can you say that? I know hes great. he dident even tap to Saku with that Kimura. but i want to know why you think he is the best Gracie fighter?

do you know if hes still on the DREAM.2 card. i heard he was on then off?

kaps
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
no man not calling u a hater. I can see why your saying what you saying lol. I download Kazushi Sakuraba's Complete MMA career torrent. I've seen all his fights this guy is very very good. i cant even believe some of the stuff he does in the ring. the sliding kick to the grounded opponent... double chop ...2 much to list.

Renzo Gracie the best fighting gracie how can you say that? I know hes great. he dident even tap to Saku with that Kimura. but i want to know why you think he is the best Gracie fighter?

do you know if hes still on the DREAM.2 card. i heard he was on then off?

Renzo is the best MMA guy out of the bunch, he doesn't have the best GJJ but he is more developed in the other aspects of the game than the rest of them. I cant remember who said it, but theres a great quote that goes like this. "There is a difference between doing Jiu Jitsu, and doing Jiu Jitsu while getting punched in the face." Rickson may be the best at GJJ, but I have never seen him fight anyone to make me think he's now or ever was a real contender to a MMAer....

Don Corleone
04-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Or Silva vs Rampage - Silva could hold 205lbs and give Jackson all sorts of dramas

They faught 2 times allready in Pride and Silva won both and the second fight was one of the greatest performances of Silva's career

Fozz1
04-25-2008, 04:16 AM
They faught 2 times allready in Pride and Silva won both and the second fight was one of the greatest performances of Silva's career

cheers, didnt know that - not suprised that silva won

Virgil Caine
04-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Just a few:
Couture - Fedor
Urijah Faber - Kid Yamamoto
GSP - A. Silva
Henderson - Franklin

Virgil Caine
04-25-2008, 06:40 AM

I agree, nice post. Saku-Rickson is one I'd love to see, even at their age.

Savino
04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
LIddell v Griffin this would be a ****ing war

Don Corleone
04-26-2008, 09:53 AM
LIddell v Griffin this would be a ****ing war

This one wouldn't be too bad. Liddell is a strong puncher but he swings wildly sometimes. Griffin is a good puncher too but he has soft scar tissue would mean more cuts

Don Corleone
04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Just recently added a poll to make it easier