View Full Version : tua vs dempsey

acquitted
10-28-2004, 07:39 PM
who do u guys think would win?? between the "fat bum" david tua..and the late great baddest fighter ever jack dempsey "according to forum members"

http://www.davidtua.net/images/David_Tua_26.jpg

vs

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/centennial/april/photo/dempsey.jpg

acquitted
10-28-2004, 07:44 PM
nice play to hold ur right hand JACK..boy those guys were great in the 20s and 30s ..im sure tua would fear him!!

realheavyhands
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
dempsey would kill tua.. he would be like a big punchin bag.. dempsey was the first tyson rapid combos and any punch could knock u cold

elveiel
10-28-2004, 09:00 PM
I'd say Tua but Dempsey would probably prove me wrong!! :D

Dempsey was a bad ass puncher, if they were the same size i'd say Dempsey would probably kill Tua!!

dempseyfire
10-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Tua was a fat,one dimensional Dempsey. Dempsey PFP is one of the hardest punchers ever-he KTFO men much bigger and stronger then Tua. Add the fact that Dempsey's footwork and speed was some of the best in the business, coupled with his body punching, and he'd set up an exhuasted Tua for a late TKO . . . .

phallus
10-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Dempsey wasn't just a puncher, i think he's the next best boxer - puncher to Joe Louis, his skills and power would be way too much for Tua to handle

Soundtraveler
10-30-2004, 04:20 PM
I'll have to agree, for once, Dempsey could put up a great fight with his speed. Now, if Tua lands a big one, it could be lights out - remember Ruiz? Oooowwww, that was some combo, devestating hook he landed!

I give Dempsey a better shot against Tua, than I do Marciano as great as he was...

Dude
10-30-2004, 10:21 PM
David Tua is by far to slow for Dempsey in his prime. I see Tua swinging wildy in desperation. If Dempsey manages (and I'm pretty sure he would) to avoid Tuas big bombs he'd easily outclass Tua for a late TKO.

Eken
10-31-2004, 06:45 AM
David "fat bum" Tua ;) wouldn't have a chance against Dempsey. Dempsey would kill him!

Dempsey
10-31-2004, 08:09 AM
dempsey will win tua easily

GxBrak
11-01-2004, 01:31 AM
kind of a dumb comparison considering the sport has evolved so dramatically over the past 80 years

Dude
11-01-2004, 04:29 PM
kind of a dumb comparison considering the sport has evolved so dramatically over the past 80 years
Kinda dumb to post the same thing in at least two threads without talking about the real topic. If you're not interested in these Fantasy MatchUps just leave em. It wont hurt you. And besides the evolution of the sport the human abilties of the athletes participating haven't changed. So its not nonsens to say that Dempsey was more talented or faster then Tua because he would be faster and more talented in any era they might fight.

hexman
11-02-2004, 04:20 PM
if tua were around back then he would of crushed him.

realtim
11-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Like i said b4 lot of tua fans on this board, He's not great, definetly not in Dempseys league Dempsey would have kOd him brutally first round or deinetly 2 to 3 rounds.

Kid Achilles
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Wouldn't even be competitive. Dempsey's punches would tear poor Tua's fat face to ribbons. Too quick, too powerful, and too ferocious for an easy target like Tua.

P@pasmurf
12-03-2004, 02:18 PM
dempsey easily.....

Great
12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Dempsey.
At these guys too different technical level.

jayrichardse
01-31-2005, 01:05 AM
dempsey would **** him up

Keleneki
02-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Different eras. But at their respective bests, I think Tua would KO Dempsey.

lmnorw
03-08-2005, 09:56 PM
dempsey would kill him from doing what?ducking him?lol tua have never been knocked down so why would dempsey be able to do this?and when was tua slow in his prime ?hmmm he had only one lost until he gained weight and even when he gained weight nobody was able to hurt him.yeah but dempsey would right..just like he got his azz kicked by tunney..or how he was ko'd in one round by fireman jim flnn..tua is no bumb and if dempsey came to him then its lights out for dempsey

kapersky
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
tua got many edge, so i got to say tua

paul750
03-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Wouldn't even be competitive. Dempsey's punches would tear poor Tua's fat face to ribbons. Too quick, too powerful, and too ferocious for an easy target like Tua.
dempsey was a great fighter, but do you honstly believe, he could do what 235lb+ guys like ibeabuchi, lewis, and rahman, couldn't do and knock him out and cut him to ribbons? tua is too big and powerul, it would be a late knockout for tua

AntonioMartin
02-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Dempsey easily...Tua's chin would allow him to get to the third. As much as I personally like John Ruiz and recognize him as the first Latino world Heavyweight champion (his fights with Holyfield for WBA title wouldn't have taken place if Lewis had fouhgt him in the first place), I know Ruiz wouldn't have lasted a minute with Dempsey either. Dempsey was just too classy for the best of 2000's Heavyweights. Lewis might have lasted to the fifth with him and he'd have to exhaust all his skills to go that long.

DaddysBoy
02-01-2006, 05:09 PM
The tuaman easy. He is a tough mofo and would surely survive the shots dempsey could bring to the table. I say tua takes a beatin, comes back and knocks dempsey the **** out.

Dempsey 1919
02-01-2006, 06:18 PM
tua has an iron chin, so dempsey would win a huge ud. dempsey probably goes down a couple times, but he would still win, maybe even by late ko.

Pugnacious_Z
02-02-2006, 02:36 AM
have u guys lost it or what, only boxing forums have guys who think those guys from the 20;s cud last with ppl on this era. tua wud drop dempsey in less then 3 rounds anyday of the week, first punch to dempseys chin and dempsey will be kissing the canvas. dempsey had no skill in comparison

Dempsey 1919
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
have u guys lost it or what, only boxing forums have guys who think those guys from the 20;s cud last with ppl on this era. tua wud drop dempsey in less then 3 rounds anyday of the week, first punch to dempseys chin and dempsey will be kissing the canvas. dempsey had no skill in comparison

dempsey had no skill? you must not have seen him fight. he was like a mini mike tyson, bobbing and weaving, fast, tremendous ability to cut off the ring, and explosive.

paul750
02-02-2006, 04:00 PM
No offence, but some of you guys need to get real, Dempsey was a legendary fighter, but like i said in my last post, Tua has took punches from monsters like Ike Ibeabuchi, Lennox Lewis, Hasim Rahman etc, Tua is not getting knocked out by anyone. i think theres also a misconception regarding Tua's speed also, he DOES have quick hands, but not quick feet, he can throw a fast overhand right. Tua's only problem is his lack of some of the fundamentals, he can't get himself into the right positions to land the shots he needs to land against slick boxers like Lewis and Byrd.

Pugnacious_Z
02-03-2006, 06:56 AM
cmon butterly, hes a reckless wild version of tyson, i saw his fight against willard and he was throwing hooks like an amateur, he wasnt fightin with skill

Kid Achilles
02-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Willard was out on his feet and Dempsey was throwing everything he had in him to take Jess out. That is not the way he fought three minutes of every round. See the Tommy Gibbons fight where Dempsey boxes and goes to the body to slow the speedy, highly mobile Gibbons down. Only when he could get away with it (and he had great a instinct for knowing when the other guy was really hurt) did he throw those big wild shots.

sleazyfellow
02-04-2006, 10:59 PM
dempsy by stoppage, i cant beleive u ppl say a slob like tua would b winning anything, but hes a huge target for dempsy, may not be knocked off his feet but hed be getting that little round face of his cut thats for sure

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 11:02 PM
dempsy by stoppage, i cant beleive u ppl say a slob like tua would b winning anything, but hes a huge target for dempsy, may not be knocked off his feet but hed be getting that little round face of his cut thats for sure

yeah, that might happen, too. either by ud or stoppage.

Dempsey 1919
02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
cmon butterly, hes a reckless wild version of tyson, i saw his fight against willard and he was throwing hooks like an amateur, he wasnt fightin with skill

the films they used in those days made a fighter look bad cause it washard to see and was filmed fast. it dempsey was filmed in the technology today, you would see how skilled dempsey is.

TheHoff'sGhost
02-23-2006, 08:16 PM
dempsey by ud
tua was to clumsy and skillless
a lot of people forget what a great boxer dempsey was because of
the willard fight