View Full Version : If Tua Fought Marciano With Those Mittens!!

acquitted
10-28-2004, 07:23 PM
during marciano era...those boxings gloves werent really that paded...so if david tua fought marciano with those mittens..would he give marciano a cuncussion or take him out on a strecher

dempseyfire
10-28-2004, 10:00 PM
I believe the difference was 8 ounces compared to 10 ounces today . . .not that much

Eken
10-29-2004, 04:55 AM
"would he give marciano a cuncussion or take him out on a strecher?" Hell no!

enegue
10-29-2004, 10:55 AM
If Tua could hit Marciano right smack to the jaw, then maybe....just maybe.

Soundtraveler
10-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Tua would absolutly destroy Marciano with the first punch he landed flush. Just too much power for even Rocky Marciano, don't get me wrong Marciano was tough - but not THAT tough. Not to mention Tua at prime out weighed Rocky by about 30 or 40lbs!!

acquitted
10-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Tua would absolutly destroy Marciano with the first punch he landed flush. Just too much power for even Rocky Marciano, don't get me wrong Marciano was tough - but not THAT tough. Not to mention Tua at prime out weighed Rocky by about 30 or 40lbs!!

thank 1...at least 1 person would common sense on my topics

dempseyfire
10-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Tua in true shape would weigh 210-15, not much bigger then Marciano (same height, around the same reach) The heavier Tua is, Marciano's beating of him would get more severe . . . .

leff
10-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Interesing thought, there both about 5.10
both got hard chins, both got power and both got googd stamina.
Allthough i would give power too Tua and Chin and stamina too the rock. Would this match be 12 or 15 rounds.
Id say Marciano wins if goes more than 10.

TysonForeman
10-30-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm a huge Marciano fan, but even I have too admit he's lucky that he never faced a mega-puncher, like Foreman or Tyson, it's just a very bad styles matchup. The problem is you can never automatically say Marciano would lose, because even with all his physical disadvantages, lack of skill, and being fed to the lions early in his career, he always came out on top. That's why he's the most inspiring fighter of all time.

Soundtraveler
10-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm a huge Marciano fan, but even I have too admit he's lucky that he never faced a mega-puncher, like Foreman or Tyson, it's just a very bad styles matchup. The problem is you can never automatically say Marciano would lose, because even with all his physical disadvantages, lack of skill, and being fed to the lions early in his career, he always came out on top. That's why he's the most inspiring fighter of all time.

Now that is a nice post - good job! :cool: I do think that Marciano was a bit slow for todays' big boys, even Tua has a pretty fast punch that really generates some power. The Rock was tough no doubt about it, I just think Tua would be too strong for him.

Soundtraveler
10-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Tua in true shape would weigh 210-15, not much bigger then Marciano (same height, around the same reach) The heavier Tua is, Marciano's beating of him would get more severe . . . .

I thought Tua looked best around 215 to 225lbs, but a prime Marciano fought at 185lbs. not too bad I guess.

If, (and that's a big IF) Marciano could get Tua into the later rounds he has a shot, but if it's an early night - Tua won...

Dude
10-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Three possible outcomes in this one:
1st Tua cuts Marciano to the bone and wins by TKO
2nd Marciano wins a boring UD
3rd Rocky hits Tua flash with his infamous right and knocks him out

Of course Tua has the power to knockdown Marciano. But he's just too one dimensional in my eyes. Rocky'd prepair like hell for this one (as he always did) and present a well thaugt game plan. A bit hard to judge though since Marciano never faught a fighter quite like Tua. Plus Tua never threw a lot punches so Marciano'd outwork him significantly. In the end if it'd be about heart and determination Marciano'd just walk through.

TysonForeman
10-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Now that is a nice post - good job! :cool: I do think that Marciano was a bit slow for todays' big boys, even Tua has a pretty fast punch that really generates some power. The Rock was tough no doubt about it, I just think Tua would be too strong for him.

Thanks, I only need to make 92 more posts like that and I'll be able to download videos again.

hexman
11-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Marciano 1st round ko

realtim
11-04-2004, 09:05 AM
A lot of tua fans on this post the guy isint even all that strong he couldnt even ko lewis. Marciano would just smother him with pressure and brutally ko him.

Foreman
11-04-2004, 10:50 PM
How is it that one of the arguably greatest heavyweights of all time is compared to someone who hasn't won ANYTHING? I like Tua and hope he gets back on track, but please. Until Tua does some winning on the big stage, he doesn't even deserve to be in the same breath as Marciano.

Dude
11-04-2004, 11:04 PM
How is it that one of the arguably greatest heavyweights of all time is compared to someone who hasn't won ANYTHING? I like Tua and hope he gets back on track, but please. Until Tua does some winning on the big stage, he doesn't even deserve to be in the same breath as Marciano.
We're speaking of HWs though and with Tua there's always the possibilty of a lucky punch. Of course in terms of achievments Tua and Marciano are two different levels.

lmnorw
02-25-2005, 04:54 PM
how could you say marciano had the better chin when he was knocked down 2 times by boxers who weigh about 180 and tua boxes guys who weigh well over 200 and has never been dropped?and tua never weighed 215 for a pro bout he was always about 220 infact he was always over 220 .and how can you say a 180 pound man hits has hard as a 220 pound man?why do you think they have weight classes?as a welter weight tommy hearns could punch but do you think he could knock out a cruiserweight?at 175 pounds micheal moorer knocked out everybody he faced but when he moved up to heavyweight his punches lack the same power.so why do you think maricano punches could hurt a 220 pound man?because old timers like to claim he could beat god in a fight?the man was way to small and unskilled tua literally kills the man.see i could see somebody like roy jones out boxing tua because he was fast and hard to hit in his prime.but marciano was slow..people call foreman slow but foreman was way faster than the rock.i never seen the rock throw a jab he had to come forward.and coming forward to tua is a great way to have get your ass ko'd i dont see anybody knocking tua down not even foreman who is my fav boxer.maybe a tko but not a knock down knockout..please could you people stop making threads about any 180 pound man boxing at 220 plus pound man damn

buff_mike10
02-26-2005, 04:30 PM
You ask how people say Marciano had a good chin? Are you kidding me. Look at his record, he never lost a fight, he retired as undefeated heavyweight champion. I'd say his chin was pretty damn rock solid

Hirurg_
03-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Marciano 2 round ko

rudy
03-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Tua could not beat Chris Byrd who is a poor man ali

The Phantom Menace
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Marciano could not withstand the power of Tua. Marciano was only 185 lbs. Tua would slaughter him with the first shot that connects dead on. Tua wins by 3rd round KO.

joeboxer
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
The thing is with the gloves, you know they are ment to protect a boxer's hand from breaking, not soften punches right?

There are actually more KO's today. Especially when you put in the fact that boxers back in the day fought 45 rounds or more sometimes without gloves. IF less glove ment more knock out that would never happen.

Kid Achilles
03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Gloves reduce the chance of a cut but a knockout punch is going to be a knockout punch, regardless of the size of the glove.

kadyo
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
during marciano era...those boxings gloves werent really that paded...so if david tua fought marciano with those mittens..would he give marciano a cuncussion or take him out on a strecher

WTF!!! it will be tua who will go to the hospital in strecher. The question is whether he will be DOA or NOT! :D

+= El Jefe=+
03-04-2005, 02:08 AM
A lot of tua fans on this post the guy isint even all that strong he couldnt even ko lewis. Marciano would just smother him with pressure and brutally ko him.

yeah idk what up with guys saying Tua could beat Rocky.

Pugnacious_Z
03-04-2005, 03:15 AM
tua wud demolish marciano bro

+= El Jefe=+
03-04-2005, 03:22 AM

i cant belive you can even compare them.
"bro" marciano is one of the greatest hevyweights ever
Tua is not even close

BOKSukraine
03-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Interesing thought, there both about 5.10
both got hard chins, both got power and both got googd stamina.
Allthough i would give power too Tua and Chin and stamina too the rock. Would this match be 12 or 15 rounds.
Id say Marciano wins if goes more than 10.

Tua's and Marciano's conditioning are incomparable.

czars_salad
03-05-2005, 10:51 PM
this post is killing me :D :D

leff
03-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Tua's and Marciano's conditioning are incomparable.

True, they pace the rock fought at fore 15 rounds was totally unbeliveabill.

AintGottaClue
03-06-2005, 06:08 PM
damn this is pretty funny alot of people think tua would win but then if u go over to the VK vs rocky thread everyone says rocky lmao

+= El Jefe=+
03-08-2005, 01:14 AM
so would tua beat VK?????

making clear neither of them
could keep up with the Rock

dempseyfire
03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
how could you say marciano had the better chin when he was knocked down 2 times by boxers who weigh about 180 and tua boxes guys who weigh well over 200 and has never been dropped?and tua never weighed 215 for a pro bout he was always about 220 infact he was always over 220 .and how can you say a 180 pound man hits has hard as a 220 pound man?why do you think they have weight classes?as a welter weight tommy hearns could punch but do you think he could knock out a cruiserweight?at 175 pounds micheal moorer knocked out everybody he faced but when he moved up to heavyweight his punches lack the same power.so why do you think maricano punches could hurt a 220 pound man?because old timers like to claim he could beat god in a fight?the man was way to small and unskilled tua literally kills the man.see i could see somebody like roy jones out boxing tua because he was fast and hard to hit in his prime.but marciano was slow..people call foreman slow but foreman was way faster than the rock.i never seen the rock throw a jab he had to come forward.and coming forward to tua is a great way to have get your ass ko'd i dont see anybody knocking tua down not even foreman who is my fav boxer.maybe a tko but not a knock down knockout..please could you people stop making threads about any 180 pound man boxing at 220 plus pound man damn

Tua actually started fighting in his mid 20s at 205 . . . check ur facts b4 you go off like a smartass. Marciano also KOŽd guys who were 220 and bigger. Jack Dempsey who weighed about 188 in his prime KOŽd skilled giants such as Carl Morris and Fred Fulton who were the size of Lennox Lewis. Anyone over 180 lbs with power can KO another man. The difference between a welter and a light HW is much greater then the difference between a 240 lb man and a cruiserweight . . . size is much more then simply how much someone weighs . . . in terms of pure bone mass and height Tua was not much bigger then Marciano at all . . .

lmnorw
03-08-2005, 09:25 PM
being so called tough has nothing to do with somebody knocking you out cold..do you trully believe any fighter wants to be ko'd?do you think fraizer enjoyed being beat across the ring by foreman?no but foreman was to much for him..the same as tua would be to much for maricano or any 180 pound man.marciano isnt god even though you fan boys think he is..the fact is a 180 pound heavyweight cant generate the power a 220 pound man can..and he cant handle that mans punches if they could there wouldnt be weight classes.everybody would just fight everybody..tua kills marciano and i mean he reallys kills the guy

+= El Jefe=+
03-08-2005, 11:56 PM
well i would take 180 pounds of muscle
over 220 pounds of fat anyday.
i dont see why you guys even try to
compare between Marciano and Tua

dempseyfire
03-09-2005, 01:17 AM
punching power is not equivacable to weight at all, esp. when talking about heavyweights. Right upper makes a good pt-Marciano was one of the most SOLID fighters to ever fight-the man was a training demon and was hard as stone. Tua at 225 was soft.

Why did a 215 lb Tyson send guys flying around the ring while Jameel McCline and Nicolay Valuev go the distance with 3rd raters? If pure weight and size was so big then why the hell is 290 lb of steroid-induced muscle Tye Fields going the distance with an obese 5Ž10 guy in Sherman Williams?

tommo
03-10-2005, 03:09 AM
out of respect for previous champions and of different eras and all that crap i'll hold back a little but will say this, TUA WILL INGEST MARCIANO WHOLE !

BadMagick
03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
out of respect for previous champions and of different eras and all that crap i'll hold back a little but will say this, TUA WILL INGEST MARCIANO WHOLE !

He might be able to eat him, yeah, but he wouldn't take him in a match. Marciano wins this one.

rudy
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Tua is not even better than Frank Bruno who has he beaten

please do not say John Ruiz

he lost to Ike, Chris Byrd, Hasim Rahman beat him the 2nd time. Tua would not have been beaten Marciano he might have done when he was starting out in his first 20 fights but after than he just became a fat dumpling he reminds me of the American Footballers who called themselves sportsman but are just obese

Sinatra.Jr
03-12-2005, 02:32 PM
once tyson said most hardest puncher is Marciano.
But today Marciano is so slow & not big heavyweight fighter.
So if fight for Tua, Marciano would be knocked out in early rounds.

paul750
03-17-2005, 06:03 PM
i would have to go for Tua, no one can outslug Tua, not even a lengend like Marciano

Parody
04-27-2005, 07:23 AM
You guys are crazy. I dont even know why a great undefeated champion like Rocky Marciano is even being compared to David Tua.
Rocky Marciano had never lost a fight in his whole career and his record is 49-0 with 43 Knockouts. He finally retired leaving the championship belt, he was the only boxer to stay as undefeated champion, Marciano beat great boxers like Joe Louis, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles - These were all great fighters in their era...Tua would'nt even stand a chance against Marciano.

franker01
04-28-2005, 11:30 PM
You guys are crazy. I dont even know why a great undefeated champion like Rocky Marciano is even being compared to David Tua.
Rocky Marciano had never lost a fight in his whole career and his record is 49-0 with 43 Knockouts. He finally retired leaving the championship belt, he was the only boxer to stay as undefeated champion, Marciano beat great boxers like Joe Louis, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles - These were all great fighters in their era...Tua would'nt even stand a chance against Marciano.

I tend to agree (not that those guys are crazy but that Rocky would have won).