View Full Version : Lutter, worst UFC performance ever

Sn1
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
ok, maybe abit harsh, but the guy they hyped up as the answer to the riddle that is anderson silva was a joke on saturday night. all that pedigree and he looked like a rank amateur pulled out of cagerage. the only moment he had was the transition into the armbar, and franklin just did a nce twist out of it.

how the hell did he gas so quick, it qasnt like any other fighter who took what frankklin dished out cudnt even fight in the 2nd round, it was embarrassing.

i hope lutter gets some serious conditioning help, a slap round the face for being such an arrogant **** and faces the reality that hes now right at the bottom of the pile. he can put his hand up and wave at silva all he wants, could be years before he earns another shot, if ever.

Don Corleone
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I think he gave more effort then Starnes did in the Quarry fight. You have to realize that his conditioning wasn't the big problem but it was him trying for the takedowns. You can have the best conditioning but when you continously try to go for a take down against someone like Franklin who was prepared and had an excellent take down defence in the fight, anyone will gass out quickly. Again, its Rich Franklin former Middleweight champion of the world so it wasn't an easy fight for him

Dorian
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
he did 100 times better than Starnes no doubt

1bad65
04-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I was gonna say that too. Lutter wasn't even the worst performance of that night! Starnes honestly should have some (or even all) of his purse held.

Sn1
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
i didnt expect anything from Starnes. i expected alot of lutter.
i know i was being hard on him, but i have seen many fighters continually go for takedowns in rd one, and again in round two etc. he gassed bad. against silva hed be another that yet again cudnt make it into the 3rd round. a rematch is so far away for him now. franklin is of course, building up for yet another anderson asskicking. wudnt mind seeing him fight yushin okami again, providing okami builds on his last, more aggressive performance against evan tanner.

Atnan
04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
their is a difference b/w starnes and lutter! starnes simply ran and doesnt deserve any respect as a fighter for his preformance- lutter just simply gassed out because he doesnt train cardio (like he should)!

Palma
04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Kalib "The Tin Man" Starnes hasn't an ounce of heart in him. The guy is a ***** and doesn't belong in the sport of MMA. The guy gave up against Grove saying he had a cracked rib, yeah right! You gassed you dick! Now he gives up to Nate "The One Arm Bandit" Quarry. Man, that guy Kalib is a joke!

vinnie7731
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah i was dissapointed in lutters performance. he gassed to quick. i know its tough going for takedowns and all, but his problem is he relies too much on his bjj. he is to one sided.

Blair_Wells#32
04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
yeah Cardio is important for any fighter an was let down a little bit by Lutter Gassing, and yup Kalib was just a big let down 2 any mma fan that was expecting a fight.
may sound a little cold but i'm glad the ufc released him from his contract.

Don Corleone
04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
The UFC were probobly pissed also. How are you gonna expect to get more fans if their own stars can put on a show. You feel a little bad for the guy but he put himself in this position. If he can't put on a show he should've never got into the MMA in the first place

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
No. Mir has performed much much much worse.

E

number6
04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Miles out, he had him moments in this fight then ran out of gas.