View Full Version : GSP wins Welterweight Crown!

Dorian
04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
did Serra land a punch in the fight? lol but hats off to Serra, he has hart and did ok in the first round on the ground

Discuss the fight here

Don Corleone
04-20-2008, 12:37 AM
I was expecting it. They both fought a great fight but GSP came out on top

SAN D13GO VILLAN
04-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Who won the undercard?

TBEC2
04-20-2008, 12:40 AM
i was actually really pulling for Serra but what can i say GSP is the man and fight brilliantly.

But hey at least Serra put up more of a fight than Hughes did in my opinion lol and in the end that impressive enough.

Don Corleone
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
You can see he wa tired quickly because of all the takedown defense when GSP was getting it to the ground. GSP is serious about his fights now and he has reclaimed his WW title

Atnan
04-20-2008, 12:54 AM
gsp did whatever he wanted- he completeley owned serra in every way! very sad day for any serra fans

Dorian
04-20-2008, 01:05 AM
GSP is just too good when he's focused :)!

lol at Ed Herman, he got owned big time

Dorian
04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
And Rich Franklin won by stoppage in the 2nd round :)

vinnie7731
04-20-2008, 01:08 AM
serra got manhandled. for having such great bjj, gsp passed his guard easily. looked like serra gassed a bit, but i dont think that played to much of a factor in the fight. gsp is just stronger and faster. at least they showed respect for each other after the fight.
gsp's comment about telling the fans not to do anything to serra was funny.

thought for a second lutter was gonna arm bar franklin. lutter gassed way to quick. it was kind of funny wactching him crawl around after franklins leg. i know it takes a lot out of a fighter to continually go for the takedown, but that was lutter game plan. dont know if he thought he was gonna submit him in the first round but regardless he got tired quick. lutter needs to work more standup....i dont think he can get away with just being great at bjj.

Blair_Wells#32
04-20-2008, 01:15 AM
:nonono: i don't agree with the stoppage i thought i was complete bull****. i belive this was a gift 2 GSP like the Bisping Decision.
i'm not making Excuses for Serra but who the **** stops fights for 3 knees 2 the body!!! i've seen fighters take 5-6 knees an no stoppage.
i think ugh i donno its jus messed up rip off in my eyes.
but u gsp betters will get your points :lol1: i jus need a lil more bloody vodka 2 get over this **** hole of a refs stoppage.....maybe alot more.
peace.
ohhh an gongrats 2 gsp on the gift.
i was a fan up until this fight.

Dorian
04-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Serra wasn't defending himself and everything... he didn't complain about the stoppage either

GSP dominated

Blair_Wells#32
04-20-2008, 01:34 AM
:nonono: nobody defends the knees 2 the body when your down. i've seen alot more shots like that an they weren't stopped.
like i said i think this was a gift 2 GSP 2 promote UFC in Canada.
like the Bisping Decision over Hamill.
but there will b a rubber match an i hope its in neutral ground cause there was no ****en cause for the stoppage 2nite.
GSP got a gift from the UFC 2 legalize UFC in Canada.
like i said i was a GSP fan up until now.

Gareth Ivanovic
04-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Cool to here GSP winning. I didn't get to see the fights, but I was hoping he would reclaim his title. I hope his reign last's for a while, but in MMA you never know sometimes.

Virgil Caine
04-20-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm not a big fan, but GSP showed real class. He's damn solid.

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Awesome fight and really fun card.

AndersonSilva
04-20-2008, 04:09 AM
:nonono: nobody defends the knees 2 the body when your down. i've seen alot more shots like that an they weren't stopped.
but there will b a rubber match an i hope its in neutral ground cause there was no ****en cause for the stoppage 2nite.

stfu u retard. this wasent a gift. look at serra's face what a nice gift:owned:

GSP dominated him it was a GREAT fight. I was happy to see him win.

AndersonSilva
04-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Awesome fight and really fun card.

haha nice GIF. kalib called him a ***it n said fuk u twice and said why dident u fight hahaha what an idiot. funny gif tho cant wait to c him fight again. (NOT starnes tho)

Blair_Wells#32
04-20-2008, 08:45 AM
yeah a black eye pfft, STFU lil ***** at least try an make a ligit alt b4 u come back ****er.
no Wonder 2 Swell Rides your Fake ASS *****.

Moon
04-20-2008, 10:35 AM
yeah a black eye pfft, STFU lil ***** at least try an make a ligit alt b4 u come back ****er.
A fighter who stops fighting is a beaten fighter.

If GSP was exhausted and just stood over Serra catching his breath, there would be no stoppage. But that didn't happen. GSP stayed busy while Serra stopped fighting.

Every UFC/MMA fighter knows it's gonna' be stopped if they make no effort to defend while taking clean shots. So, when Serra played "turtle" with a fresh looking GSP standing over him, a clear message was snet that he had no answer.

Moon
04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Then let's go down to New York State for the rubber match!

It would be good for the UFC, for sure, but also great for both Serra and GSP fans. I expect it would look again like this fight, with Serra turtled and GSP effortlessly delivering unanswered knees to the same spot on Serra's lower side. Ouch, maybe that's why Serra didn't complain about the stoppage, pretty empty complaint when you choose to turtle.

04-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Serra verbally tapped.

TBEC2
04-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes the stopage did seem premature especially considering the round was almost over and normally i would be calling BS but Serra really didn't do anything he had no answers at all. That doesn't necessarily mean that Serra couldnt somehow pulled a submission or rocked GSP but it seemed very unlikely. I feel it was a legit stop.

It just wasent Serra's night, a move back down to 155 and a rematch with BJ would be a dream for BJJ fans such as myself.

Serra will be back i one form or another.

But GSP was the man last night.

2swell k-wells
04-20-2008, 11:46 AM
HAHAHA this is ****ing awsome, i knew GSP was gonna win...im beating myself up for missing the fight but things sounds good for GSP.

LOL blair...sorry man but I TOLD YA SO whooooooooooooo GSP GSP GSP GSP

Dorian
04-20-2008, 01:53 PM
pay up blair :P

hats off to serra for going in Montreal for the fight

Dorian
04-20-2008, 02:23 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/ricieg.jpg

Don Corleone
04-20-2008, 02:42 PM

Are you serious man. Do you really believe that. If you were a GSP fan you would've agreed that he won, just cause you lost some bets don't mean nothing. GSP gave everything he got and Serra couldn't answer. Show the man some respect. All this bull**** bout it was a robbery and all that is stupid nowadays. He won clearly and it was his night. It has nothing to do with the fact that he was in Canada and it was a gift. Also the dumbest part of that was that you said it was a gift for GSP to legalize UFC in Canada, you really think people gonna respect you for posting that. Serra didn't do nothing in the fight because he coudln't overmatch GSP power and takedowns. Give GSP more respect then that

vinnie7731
04-20-2008, 03:02 PM

that was good stuff.....as soon as i saw the avitar and gay smiley faces i thought the samething....its lil ***** is disguise

im not sure the stoppage wasnt justified....besides, serra could have verbally tapped.

HotSizzle
04-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Sounds like it was a good fight, too bad I missed it.

Palma
04-20-2008, 03:16 PM
serra got manhandled. for having such great bjj, gsp passed his guard easily. looked like serra gassed a bit, but i dont think that played to much of a factor in the fight. gsp is just stronger and faster. at least they showed respect for each other after the fight.
gsp's comment about telling the fans not to do anything to serra was funny.

thought for a second lutter was gonna arm bar franklin. lutter gassed way to quick. it was kind of funny wactching him crawl around after franklins leg. i know it takes a lot out of a fighter to continually go for the takedown, but that was lutter game plan. dont know if he thought he was gonna submit him in the first round but regardless he got tired quick. lutter needs to work more standup....i dont think he can get away with just being great at bjj.

Totally agree with this thread!

GSP was unstoppable, he showcased some amazing skills. Totally had Serra second guessing how he was going to get attacked. Total domination at its' finest. I do not see anyone in the that weight division stopping GSP anytime soon.