View Full Version : Sylvia vs Fedor Official....

kaps
04-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Fedor Emelianenko announced on Friday via his personal website that he has officially signed to fight Tim Sylvia on July 19 in the United States. MMAWeekly.com has since confirmed the fight with independent sources close to the fight.

The announcement did not mention a specific show, but previous sources have indicated that it will be a promotion headed by clothing giant, Affliction.

The news on his website also stated that Fedor has signed on for two more fights to take place later this year in October and December, although no particular opponent or organization was named for either fight.

The fight in December is set to take place in Japan on one of the New Yearís Eve shows as Fedor plans on celebrating his sixth year in a row overseas.

This will be Fedorís first fight since submitting Hong Man Choi at the Yarennoka event in Japan on New Yearís Even 2007, while Sylvia will face his first challenge since exiting the Ultimate Fighting Championship after being their champion on two separate occasions.

Source: www.mmaweekly.com and www.fedor.bel.ru

Palma
04-18-2008, 11:44 PM
This will be an interesting fight to say the least! Who do you guys have winning?

I will take Fedor for 20K points

kaps
04-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Fedor. The haters should STFU about Fedor not fighting ranked guys after this fight is done...

Brian13
04-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Fedor will beat him well

Moon
04-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Tim Sylvia won't be effective against Fedor.

I see the big man submitted within 3 minutes.

Don Corleone
04-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I see Silvia giving him a fight even with the fact that his latest fights weren't great wins but I'm still gonna go with a submission by Fedor

Virgil Caine
04-21-2008, 04:57 PM
WTF, the fight's not 'till New Years Eve? That's 8 ****in months. They could fight 3 times by then.

Atnan
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
i hope fedor isnt overlooking timmah- its going to be an incredible fight- timmah is gonna try and land that "huge right hand" and keep it standing at all cost! i see a "game" fedor pick his strikes and eventually knock/take timmy down and submit him by GnP

Virgil Caine
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Is anyone else pissed that the fight's not till ****ing New Years Eve?

Virgil Caine
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Nevermind, I misread the article. It says he's signed for 2 fights after the Sylvia fight, including one on New Years Eve. Thats a relief.

Don Corleone
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I can't see anyfight that would ever happen that long from the offical anouncement other then of an injury

Virgil Caine
04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I can't see anyfight that would ever happen that long from the offical anouncement other then of an injury

Yeah, it seemed strange. The wording of the article threw me off though.

phallus
04-23-2008, 02:03 AM
fedor will kick sylvia's ass, it'll be fun to watch sylvia getting ****ed up... maybe next time he fights randy