View Full Version : Kimbo vs James Thompson May 31st

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Kimbo will fight British behemoth 6'5" James Thompson on May 31st on Elite XC. I have never heard of Thompson and was wondering if anyone knew anything about him.

kaps
04-18-2008, 12:47 PM
He fought in Pride a couple times, he's not that great, but I could give a **** about any Kimbo fight...

1bad65
04-18-2008, 12:55 PM
He has lost 6 of his last 8 fights, and 5 of those by KO. He even got KO'd by Butterbean!

You Kimbo nutriders should be flat out embarrassed.

Virgil Caine
04-18-2008, 02:51 PM
He has lost 6 of his last 8 fights, and 5 of those by KO. He even got KO'd by Butterbean!

You Kimbo nutriders should be flat out embarrassed.

Yeah, this guy's week. He's been KO'd in the first round in his last 3 fights, one time in 10 seconds by a no namer. ****, Tank was probly better than this guy.

THE REED™
04-18-2008, 03:06 PM
guys.....

its his THIRD pro fight

his THIRD.............. what kind of competition do pro boxers face in their THIRD fight?

1bad65
04-18-2008, 03:17 PM
This may be news to you, but MMA guys 'come up' alot faster than boxers. It's very hard to find a guy with even 10 pro fights who is still undefeated.

Since there are alot less MMA fighters, you have to fight better guys alot sooner in your career than in boxing. Since it's such a young sport, there also aren't many has-beens around to pad your record with either. Also, amateur MMA is nowhere as in depth as boxing amateurs. So you you don't have alot of guys with a ton of amateur fights getting to fight pros with no amateur experience for their first 10 or so fights.

He is not being brought up slowly, he is quite frankly being coddled to a ridiculous degree.

1bad65
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
The one good thing about him fighting bums is that if he happens to lose there will be no excuses his nutriders can use.

SAN D13GO VILLAN
04-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Kimbo will fight British behemoth 6'5" James Thompson on May 31st on Elite XC. I have never heard of Thompson and was wondering if anyone knew anything about him.

Of the subject, What kind of car is that? (Your Pic)

TheGreatA
04-18-2008, 03:50 PM
James "The KO Loss us" Thompson. He isn't that bad but his chin is possibly the worst I've ever seen. It's made of glass.

Thompson has been KO'd 5 times in the first and 7 times overall out of 8 losses.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwcR0F128X8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwcR0F128X8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG6bkoeJ88Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG6bkoeJ88Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjep2b224Go&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjep2b224Go&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://mmaimpact.com/2008/03/11/elitexc-james-thompson-vs-brett-rogers-mma-fight-video/
Here's his most recent KO loss. I wonder why they didn't give the fight to the guy who beat Thompson...

paul750
04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Mr. Thompson seems to be all looks and no talent from what I've seen. My guess is that this is another ploy to make Kimbo look good, although it hardly takes a genius to work that out.

Liaison
04-18-2008, 04:57 PM
I’m sure Thompson has watched all the Kimbo Street Fighting DVD’s…

BLaZiN=-MaX
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Kimbo should go to the basics. Because he cant even throw a punch correctly, he is to old and should go into a nursing home in 2 years time.

kaps
04-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Fact is, Kimbo is a draw, we all know he doesnt really rank or anything. But people will buy stuff that he is on. Just to see "The street fighter" beat up MMA guys. It's why Tank Abbott still gets fights...

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-19-2008, 05:52 AM
I hope Kimbo don't have a cold.

Hate to see Thompson lose to a sneeze.

Gareth Ivanovic
04-19-2008, 11:56 AM
It makes sense since the fight is on CBS and they want to probably sell Kimbo even more. So fighting a bum and producing a KO will create even more hype for Slice of Cheese.

I know it's only his third or fourth pro fight, but how many guys get to fight on primetime on a major network like CBS early in there career. None and it's like a slap in the face of the guys that have worked hard all their careers to get where there at in the fight game. What makes matters worse is that he's fighting bums and not legitimate threats.

1bad65
04-19-2008, 12:33 PM
I know it's only his third or fourth pro fight, but how many guys get to fight on primetime on a major network like CBS early in there career. None and it's like a slap in the face of the guys that have worked hard all their careers to get where there at in the fight game. What makes matters worse is that he's fighting bums and not legitimate threats.

Thank you.

Why these morons who ride his nuts can't understand this is a ****ing mystery.

HotSizzle
04-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I didn't know kimbo affected so many of you :bottle: :lol1:

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Kimbo should go to the basics. Because he cant even throw a punch correctly, he is to old and should go into a nursing home in 2 years time.

He knows how to punch dip shyt. stop hating on the guy.

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 02:40 PM
It makes sense since the fight is on CBS and they want to probably sell Kimbo even more. So fighting a bum and producing a KO will create even more hype for Slice of Cheese.

Hey name me atleast 5 different hard working guys. NOT IN THE UFC OR ELITE XC those guys get paid you fukin fool. I have no idea what your talking about. its Elite XC first CBS card calm the fuk down. your "hardworkingfighters" will get their chance one day

think be4 u type shyt like that:owned:

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
So....Yves Edwards and KJ Noons should be greatful they've been put on the undercard while Kimbo/Thompson gets headline?

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Its the first event Yves Edwards and KJ Noons are fukin great ok. people know who kimbo is. more people are going to watch if he headlines. not a lot of casual mma fans know who Yves Edwards and KJ Noons are.

you happy now.

thats the only fukin reason.

Blair_Wells#32
04-19-2008, 04:54 PM
ahh knew it was a matter of time b4 one of his nut huggers came through.
:lol1:

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 04:56 PM
haha go fuk ur self^

Gareth Ivanovic
04-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey name me atleast 5 different hard working guys. NOT IN THE UFC OR ELITE XC those guys get paid you fukin fool. I have no idea what your talking about. its Elite XC first CBS card calm the fuk down. your "hardworkingfighters" will get their chance one day

think be4 u type shyt like that:owned:
Im talking about the exposure he's going to get on CBS. I don't know if you know, but being on CBS in primetime is a big deal especially in the fight game, which hasn't been there forever. Then a guy like Kimbo who's fought the likes of AfroPuff, Dreads, and BigMac (also the bums he's fought professionaly so far) gets a primetime headlining spot on CBS against another bum. I think even the well established guys in the MMA would kill for a slot like that.

I understand why people like him. He's big, mean looking and knocks people out. IMO like I said earlier it's a slap in the face of the real MMA guys that fight not only to get paid, but have dedicated their lives to the sport. Because I don't think the casual fans understand how much time and effort it takes to reach a high level.

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Kimbo is the second coming of Bob Sapp.

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
[B][B]yeah i know what you mean man. KIMBO is not a thug anymore shyt. hes never been in jail, he went to MIAMI Univirsity so all you ***it haters out there go fuk ur self. IM no nutrider but im jus tires of people rippin on the guy.

btw not calling u hater or anything IncuFan

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Unless he fights talent that won't fold when you blow on them or is old, he'll still be pushed as a backyard brawler.

Also, Gary don't know how to push fighters

Gareth Ivanovic
04-19-2008, 05:22 PM
[B][B]yeah i know what you mean man. KIMBO is not a thug anymore shyt. hes never been in jail, he went to MIAMI Univirsity so all you ***it haters out there go fuk ur self. IM no nutrider but im jus tires of people rippin on the guy.

btw not calling u hater or anything IncuFan
I don't care if you call me a hater. Im really not a hater of anybody, but Kimbo is probably the first fighter in the fight game that Im a hater of.

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Unless he fights talent that won't fold when you blow on them or is old, he'll still be pushed as a backyard brawler.

Also, Gary don't know how to push fighters

Bas said on Inside MMA he wants to build him up once he has he will start fighting big competition. he said Mike Tyson dident fight top competition in his first fight so just give the guy a break:hijacked:

HotSizzle
04-19-2008, 05:41 PM
This goes out to the haters keep doing your job :fing02:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp7NiPOcGbs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp7NiPOcGbs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
And that's great. But even guys who started fighting fought guys who were evenly matched but diverse then them. We're not seeing this with Kimbo.

AndersonSilva
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
w.e u say man^ I want kimbo to fight a good guy also after James thompson

1bad65
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Bas said on Inside MMA he wants to build him up once he has he will start fighting big competition. he said Mike Tyson dident fight top competition in his first fight so just give the guy a break:hijacked:

Well Kimbo did call out Mike Tyson!

Kimbo is the terror of the retirement community!!!