View Full Version : Vitor Belfort Refused 2 Help Tito Train.

Blair_Wells#32
04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
from mmamania.com

“Lyoto has the skills to win, but is a tough fight. Two famous athletes, but I believe that Lyoto has more chances, he is at fight rhythm and Tito is star … Tito wanted to hire me with a lot of money, but I said no. I said that money can’t buy everything. I respect Lyoto a lot, we trained together and he is Brazilian. I thank and said that maybe in another opportunity, but not now. Lyoto is Brazilian and that is his time.”

– Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Vitor Belfort, tells Tatame.com that he turned down a lucrative offer from Tito Ortiz to help him prepare for Lyoto Machida at UFC 84: “Ill Will” on May 24 in Las Vegas, Nevada. “The Phenom” and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” locked horns back at UFC 51: “Super Saturday” in 2005. Ortiz won the bout via split-decision and Belfort has not competed inside the Octagon since that time.

AndersonSilva
04-17-2008, 05:01 PM
why. why the fuk would he ask vitor to help him. i wanna know the lucrative offer

robot_monkey
04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
why would vitor want to help him after all of the mind games he was trying to play?

Atnan
04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
this is just another showing of how ignorant brazilians refuse to help anyone aganist their own country men....you take it how ever you want!

AndersonSilva
04-17-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah i agree. is machida even brazillian lol^

Mr. Beelzebub
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Tito has Dean Lister for BJJ and The Hammer as his wrestling sparring partner... Why would he need Belfort?

kaps
04-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I don't see what Vitor could bring to the table for Tito. Maybe Tito thought he might need the money or somthing. I think the last time Vitor fought was in CageRage last year....

Virgil Caine
04-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I don't see what Vitor could bring to the table for Tito. Maybe Tito thought he might need the money or somthing. I think the last time Vitor fought was in CageRage last year....

It's probably because, like Vitor said, he's trained with Machida, so Tito probably wants his help to pick apart Machida's style.