Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTN: Fantasy Baseball '08 managers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Fantasy Baseball '08 managers...

How do you guys feel about capping the maximum roster moves? Just so people cannot abuse the pickup/drop angle in the playoffs or heading towards the playoffs.

I was thinking that 100 moves would be fair. I checked last years league and the highest number of adds/drops was 92, so I thought that would be a fair number.

Everyone vote on the poll so we can get a fair majority vote. Thanks.
    No, capping add/drop is not necessary...
    12.50%
    Yes, 100 moves sounds like a good number...
    50.00%
    Yes, a cap is necessary, but it should be a diff number...
    0.00%
    Fuck off oldpringles...
    37.50%

just keeping this live...

Comment

i say do it......i got no probs with that...i only need like one more move 2b happy...lol

Comment

I voted against it. Although I doubt I will make 100 moves I still think it should be left alone. I think the waiver priority kind of regulates it. Because you are not guaranteed to actually get the guy you want. I have been in plenty of leagues where there's no waiver and have picked up guys every day if I had the chance to. So I guess that could be a concern. In the end though it's up to what everyone else thinks.

Plus some teams are unfortunate to have a lot of injuires and are constantly plugging free agents in. So they could possibly make that many moves. And would be just in doing so.

Comment

I couldn't resist the "**** off Pringles" choice, but the Best answer is to make it a differnt number if you really want to make any sort of impact at all. It should be something closer to 70.

100 is WAYYYYYY too high.
          Last edited by SonnyG8R; 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
            I couldn't resist the "**** off Pringles" choice, but the Best answer is to make it a differnt number if you really want to make any sort of impact at all. It should be something closer to 70.

100 is WAYYYYYY too high.
            I'm trying to walk that line between effectiveness and fairness. The idea to is promote more strategy, less player boosting...trying to keep the essence of the team game. I know you understand this obviously.

I voted against it. Although I doubt I will make 100 moves I still think it should be left alone. I think the waiver priority kind of regulates it. Because you are not guaranteed to actually get the guy you want. I have been in plenty of leagues where there's no waiver and have picked up guys every day if I had the chance to. So I guess that could be a concern. In the end though it's up to what everyone else thinks.

Plus some teams are unfortunate to have a lot of injuires and are constantly plugging free agents in. So they could possibly make that many moves. And would be just in doing so.
            I just want to do this so when playoff time comes people aren't adding and dropping a million people to get an edge. Not exactly saying that any of you will, but in some of the basketball leagues I have been in (not BScene) this has been a problem.

I'd like to see what Fix, Saad, Jefe, FairPole, Explosivo and Rosey have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
              I'm trying to walk that line between effectiveness and fairness. The idea to is promote more strategy, less player boosting...trying to keep the essence of the team game. I know you understand this obviously.

I just want to do this so when playoff time comes people aren't adding and dropping a million people to get an edge. Not exactly saying that any of you will, but in some of the basketball leagues I have been in (not BScene) this has been a problem.

I'd like to see what Fix, Saad, Jefe, FairPole, Explosivo and Rosey have to say.
              I see your point. But in those leagues where it is allowed I really don't see a problem with picking guys up for a night or two. But it's your call. I don't think I'll even come close to 100 anyway though.

Comment

i like the unlimited, if you have a hole, fill it.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Fix;3369225]i like the unlimited, if you have a hole, fill it./QUOTE]

no ****. Other than that I kind of agree with your thinking.

Comment

frankly i dont even make that many moves

Comment

Working...
                    X