View Full Version : Dana White On Kimbo.

Blair_Wells#32
04-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Dana White made some interesting comments recently regarding a possible match up between Kimbo Slice and Chuck Liddell recently in an article on Deadspin.com.
"If he [Kimbo] fought anybody that mattered, I would book that tomorrow," White told Deadspin.com on a possible match up between Kimbo and Chuck Liddell. "The fact is, Kimbo's not there yet. He would get destroyed. I heard he just got knocked out by Forrest Griffin last week in a sparring match after a kick to the head."

White apparently also puts no credence in the fact that Kimbo destroyed former UFC Legend Tank Abbott in less than a round.

"Tank Abbott?! I mean, come on. That guy was a bad UFC fighter," said White. "A friend of mine said he was out at a bar the week before that fight and he saw Tank there drinking beers."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
usualy i hate posting Kimbo news, its been pretty slow 2day so here u go.

Dice
04-15-2008, 01:11 AM
those tow arent even in the same weight class, but yea Chuck would kill him but let kimbo make his money

Biggus Dickus
04-15-2008, 01:31 AM
The most ironic thing about that comment from Dana is that he came out recently and stated that Tank would be in the UFC hall of fame.

2swell k-wells
04-15-2008, 02:51 AM
those tow arent even in the same weight class, but yea Chuck would kill him but let kimbo make his money

Chuck can probably sit around the 220lbs mark to fight Kimbo, so that shouldnt be a problem. If ya didnt know...the LHW's have to cut weight too.

Blair_Wells#32
04-15-2008, 09:14 AM
yeah chuck would kill Kimbo.....waitin for the kimbo nut huggers 2 come an defend him..........yup Go Chuck!!.
:lol1:

Dice
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Don't sleep on Kimbo tho, Chuck SHOULD win this fight but Chuck is a wrestler who NEVER wrestles and instead trades and got ko-ed by Rampage for throwing that fake ametuarish boxing uppercut watever it was. i'm sure we can agree that Kimbo punches harder then Rampage.

Chuck would def beat Kimbo but a puncher always has a punchers chance

Atnan
04-15-2008, 01:42 PM
people think just cause forrest knocked kimbo out in training he could do it in a real mma fight easily (within 30 seconds of their first fight)....from what ive been told-taught, what occurs in training stays in training!

im not saying forrest cant knock kimbo out, but im damn sure that forrest aint knockin out kimbo with a high kick (as was told) in a prof. fight...last time i checked, forrest got knocked by jardine by a good shot and im pretty sure someone like kimbo has the same/if not more power behind his strikes!

Don Corleone
04-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Kimbo and Liddell would be a good match-up, Kimbo is bigger but Liddell is quicker. They would both be striking and it obviously wouldn't go to the floor. Kimbo said recently that he recently is training is ground game so he's ready if he ever needs to go to the mat but they most likely wouldn't in a matchup

2swell k-wells
04-15-2008, 11:15 PM
people think just cause forrest knocked kimbo out in training he could do it in a real mma fight easily (within 30 seconds of their first fight)....from what ive been told-taught, what occurs in training stays in training!

im not saying forrest cant knock kimbo out, but im damn sure that forrest aint knockin out kimbo with a high kick (as was told) in a prof. fight...last time i checked, forrest got knocked by jardine by a good shot and im pretty sure someone like kimbo has the same/if not more power behind his strikes!

your right blair, here comes the nuthuggers. Forrest KO'd Kimbo and u gotta learn to accept it and stop making it sound like it will never happen in a actual fight. Forrest trains hard and im guessing his training session is intense and kimbo couldnt hack it and got KO'd by a kick. Thats funny. Mr knowitall Atnan at his worst.:kabong:

Atnan
04-15-2008, 11:53 PM
your right blair, here comes the nuthuggers. Forrest KO'd Kimbo and u gotta learn to accept it and stop making it sound like it will never happen in a actual fight. Forrest trains hard and im guessing his training session is intense and kimbo couldnt hack it and got KO'd by a kick. Thats funny. Mr knowitall Atnan at his worst.:kabong:

come mon now...lol! i never claim to know it all, but i think im easily top 5 when it comes to knowledgeable posters! i know way more than ufc- ive watched (watch) smaller shows like shooto, etc....that and ive been watching mma since i was 7-8 (im 21 now)

Talon
04-16-2008, 02:34 AM
what kind of *** knocks someone out in sparring? kimbo would own chuck just like rampage did

1bad65
04-16-2008, 06:31 AM
come mon now...lol! i never claim to know it all, but i think im easily top 5 when it comes to knowledgeable posters! i know way more than ufc- ive watched (watch) smaller shows like shooto, etc....that and ive been watching mma since i was 7-8 (im 21 now)

Do you train MMA?

1bad65
04-16-2008, 06:35 AM
what kind of *** knocks someone out in sparring? kimbo would own chuck just like rampage did

It's more like, What kind of idiot gets knocked out in sparring?

The guy really is not that good. If he was he would not be fighting jokes and calling out guys like Mike Tyson and Butterbean.

2swell k-wells
04-16-2008, 08:17 AM

The guy really is not that good. If he was he would not be fighting jokes and calling out guys like Mike Tyson and Butterbean.

grey alien has no idea what he is talking about that noob.

Atnan
04-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Do you train MMA?

yes- not as much as i want to anymore- work full time, full time college student (6 classes this semester)....also im a security consultant along with attending almost every mma show in jersey as press (which i refuse to mention)!

Biggus Dickus
04-17-2008, 02:12 AM

If you spar with Forrest, you are going to war. It is pretty well known he doesn't hold back at all in sparring.

Pretty stupid if you ask me but thats the way he trains apparently.

I've also seen Bas Rutten knock Rico Rodriguez out in sparring as well with a well timed left jab to the point of the chin, it was on that documentary about Mark Kerr "the smashing machine".

It happens at lot more than people realise.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I think you people underestimate Kimbo's striking. I think he's a better boxer than Lidell by a long shot and if Lidell got ****y and wanted to keep the fight standing with just boxing, Kimbo would KO his ass.

I think Lidell would win because he would kick, and grapple, he would be stupid not to.

Sn1
04-19-2008, 04:56 AM
has anyone seen chuck liddell submit someone ?
sorta means kimbo is ahead in that department already :p

personally i cant see kimbo winning this at all......but maybe 3=4 fights down the line, against better guys than chinless thompson, who knows

Gareth Ivanovic
04-19-2008, 12:42 PM
After Kimbo makes his money then he'll fight someone decent and probably lose. He has power and that's about it.

Sn1
04-19-2008, 01:02 PM
After Kimbo makes his money then he'll fight someone decent and probably lose. He has power and that's about it.he showed he has more trhan just punching power against mercer IMO, not a great matchup to evaluate his skills as an MMA'er but still, he had kicks and need, grappling and submission skills.

yeah we know hes gonna lose sometime against a decent fighter but come on, butterbean, tank abbott and many other fat undertrained fighters have forged careers for themselves.

if this guy aint gonna be anything special, why are people always checking his threads out etc, its cause he could actually go on to beat a top guy or two. hes not ufc level and i doubt he ever will be, but for elitex and cage rage etc hes a great addition.

Gareth Ivanovic
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
he showed he has more trhan just punching power against mercer IMO, not a great matchup to evaluate his skills as an MMA'er but still, he had kicks and need, grappling and submission skills.

yeah we know hes gonna lose sometime against a decent fighter but come on, butterbean, tank abbott and many other fat undertrained fighters have forged careers for themselves.

if this guy aint gonna be anything special, why are people always checking his threads out etc, its cause he could actually go on to beat a top guy or two. hes not ufc level and i doubt he ever will be, but for elitex and cage rage etc hes a great addition.
Maybe so, but I just think it's a disgrace when he fights on CBS and primetime when he's nothing more than a street fighter. It's a slap in the face of the real fighters who have dedicated their lives to MMA and have worked hard to get where their at.

1bad65
04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Dude, the guy fights cans. And even then, one of his fights looked very suspicious. Why you nutriders say he could do this, or could do that, or he may be a future champ is laughable.

If he is so good, why does he only fight bums? Two of his first 3 fights were with guys OVER 40!

Blair_Wells#32
04-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Dana White stated it best yesterday on Off The Record, having a back yard street fighter being your main attaction an main event on a live event bein seein by alot of new fans is a Big Step Back for the Sport.

Gareth Ivanovic
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Dana White stated it best yesterday on Off The Record, having a back yard street fighter being your main attaction an main event on a live event bein seein by alot of new fans is a Big Step Back for the Sport.
Exactly. I may not like Dana White, but he has tried to get MMA out of that streetfighting persona, which in the end has made it more of a legitimate sport that involves a lot of talent, variety, and skill.

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
And even if I hate Dana, he's speaking the truth.