View Full Version : Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto vs. Urijah Faber - who wins?

We want Floyd
04-10-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm leaning towards KID. But, since he's nursing a serious injury he suffered trying to qualify for the Japanese Olympic wrestling team, he's probably a bit rusty these days. Overall, KID has the resume and overall MMA game, but natural talent wise, it's pretty close.

Faber, well, no doubt about his ground skills and natural abilities. His competition doesn't come up to par to Kid's list of who's who in the MMA world/kickboxing.

KID's fights have mostly been won via tko's/ko's

Faber's wins have mostly been won via submissions

KID & Faber have two things in common - They both have a brutal GNP game, and are freaks of nature when it comes to their explosive strength(they're almost mirror images of each other).

Faber is naturally bigger, however, KID mostly competes against guys who belong in the 155lb division.

If KID is able to defend FABER's takedowns and is able to keep the fight standing up, I think his chances of winning becomes that much bigger.

If Faber is able to take KID to the ground and keep it there, he evens up the playing field and might even have a better sub-game than KID.

This is such an interesting matchup, I'm lickin' my chops for this fantasy fight to become a reality.

KID has never faced a fighter who is such a ball of energy, and can probably match his intensity on the ground. Faber on the other hand has never faced a fighter with the kind of unorthodox/explosiveness w/ his fists.

We want Floyd
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
C'mon fellas, i want to some feedback.

I've checked out other threads from other sites regarding this fantasy matchup. The overwhelming favorite is Kid Yamamoto, but I don't think it's gonna be an @ss whuppin', sure, the fight can end instantly, more likely by way of a Yamamoto punch or kick, but when it gets to the ground, I think we're gonna see a great battle on the ground.

2nd II none
04-11-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm picking Faber the dude is just a natural on the ground he will tap Kid fast.

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-11-2008, 02:25 AM
And yet Kid was scouted by Big Ten wrestling as well as the IOC when he was going to high school in Cali. He also studied under Yamato Damashi.

Kid will hands down **** UF up.

Atnan
04-15-2008, 10:59 PM
okay lets look see

Speed- KID
Strength- KID
Striking- KID
Chin - KID
Wrestling - KID
Quickness - KID
Fans - KID
Looks - KID