No announcement yet.

weak left arm ..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weak left arm ..

My right bicep is like twice the size of my left and its pissing me off, i can throw punches with lots of pop and explosiveness with my right and the only punch i can throw near perfect with my left is my jab, my left hook is **** and my right is good, which it shouldn't be cause im orthodox .. ill probably just lift dumbbells with my left for a while but i know that could tense my arm up while im training ..

I've got the same problem. What I do is 1 minute on the bag doing left jab only, then 1 minute left hook only, then 1 minute left to the body. Hurts like hell but it's one helluva work out for your arm.

Comment

Simple use ya other hand for wanking.

Comment

Originally posted by Unanimous View Post
        I've got the same problem. What I do is 1 minute on the bag doing left jab only, then 1 minute left hook only, then 1 minute left to the body. Hurts like hell but it's one helluva work out for your arm.
        have you seen improvements? you think you can drop a guy with the left?

Comment

when I do a heavy bag work out, my first round is 3 mins just throwing the left jab, and my second is just left hooks to the body and head.

Comment

my right arm is alot stronger than my left too. even looks alot bigger.. but my left hook is probably my strongest punch and my right hook is one of my worst.

confusing.
            Last edited by mgkirkpatrick; 04-10-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

May I suggest some weight lifting?

BTW, don't worry about the size of the biceps on your left hand, if you can't throw a left hook or an uppercut it is likely a stability and flexibility issue, along with some motoric functions issues.

In other words, box more and care less about the size of your biceps.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                have you seen improvements? you think you can drop a guy with the left?
                Definitely seen improvements. Strength, power and speed. However, it's a slow process.

And no, not confident I could knock a man out with my left. Not as confident as I am with my right.

Comment

how the hell do you have two arms of a noticably different size?

do more work with your left. not just weight lifting. try to do more everyday activities with your left - on a daily basis.

and muscle mass is not the biggest part of power punching - unless you are only using your arm to punch.

Comment

Working...
                  X