View Full Version : Warren Inks Three-year Setanta Deal

-----------
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Setanta goes heavyweight with exclusive Sports Network deal

-Exclusive broadcast rights to Frank Warren’s stable until December 2010-

-Alex Arthur vs. Joan Guzman confirmed for May 3-

London, April 7th, 2008: Setanta Sports has further strengthened its position as the home of boxing by signing an exclusive broadcast deal with Frank Warren’s Sports Network, in a three-year deal to December 2010.

The agreement means that fights involving Frank Warren’s stable of boxers – including Joe Calzaghe, Enzo Maccarinelli, Alex Arthur, Kevin Mitchell, Gavin Rees and Matt Skelton - will only be available to Setanta Sports subscribers.

Setanta and Sports Network have worked together on several fights in the past year already, including Joe Calzaghe vs. Mikkel Kessler and Enzo Maccarinelli vs. David Haye. Setanta Sports also has exclusive broadcast rights to Joe Calzaghe’s light-heavyweight ‘super-fight’ with Bernard Hopkins on Saturday, April 19th and Alex Arthur vs. Joan Guzman’s WBO super-featherweight title clash on Saturday, May 3rd.

Setanta’s Director of Sport, Trevor East, commented: “This deal is a big coup for Setanta and proves that we’ll be the home of boxing in the UK for many years to come.

"To be able to show the likes of Joe Calzaghe in his prime is great news for current Setanta subscribers and makes it a must-have for fight fans who don’t.

"Boxing is an important part of Setanta’s schedule and we’re delighted to team up with Frank Warren’s Sports Network to ensure our viewers have fights of the highest calibre.”

Sports Network’s Frank Warren said: “I’m delighted to continue our relationship with Setanta by signing an exclusive three-year broadcast deal for all of Sports Network’s fights.

"They’ve proved their commitment to boxing over the last year by showing a fantastic range of fights from the UK and abroad. Their experienced presenting team also offers viewers great insight into our sport and we look forward to working with them on Calzaghe vs. Hopkins next week as well as Arthur vs. Guzman on May 3.”

Setanta Sports is available for £9.99 a month to satellite viewers, via a Freeview box or integrated digital TV with a viewing card slot and on BT Vision and Tiscali. Virgin Media XL pack subscribers can see Setanta for no additional charge, whilst M and L pack subscribers can add the Setanta Sports Pack for just £9.99 per month.

For information on how to subscribe, go to: setanta.com or call 08712 10 20 30. Virgin Media, BT Vision and Tiscali customers should contact their operator.

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News/Articles/2008/04/07/warren-inks-three-year-setanta-deal.html

Mozza
04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I hope someone told Setanta Calzaghe is retiring at the end of the year.

sparked_85
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
How comes Amir Khan fights on ITV?

dansapien
04-08-2008, 03:42 AM
How comes Amir Khan fights on ITV?

when warrens last itv contract expired the had the rights for options/extensions. so they chose to only keep amir, I think they only have the rights until the summer though.

Gojira
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Thats good news then because i get all the setanta channels for free. :)

medium-deek
04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I hope someone told Setanta Calzaghe is retiring at the end of the year.

LOL...........