View Full Version : Hatton - Lazcano Press Conference

womble
03-27-2008, 01:55 PM
images and audio
http://www.twodice.org/hattonlazcano.html

Enjoy

Andre Wardttke
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Please tell me that the Murdoch machine aren't trying to sell it for ***163;14.95?

Oh God.

Nicky_Hatton
03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
***163;14.95 is steep for this, but i@ll fork it, once ina lifetime and all that. It's prime time aswell. 9-10ish?

Clegg
03-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah, apparently it'll be on at a time geared towards UK viewers.

I'd imagine that most UK fans would rather stay up late than pay 15 and watch it at an earlier time.

dansapien
03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
why would anyone pay 15 quid for this.

Hatton is proving his critics right with this fight. I have lost faith.

Looking forward to seeing Mayweather beat him again to be honest.

hardmanbrit
03-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Ricky Hatton does such a huge amount for charity so I like him for that, but I hope he gets destroyed.

Onslow.
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Ricky Hatton does such a huge amount for charity so I like him for that, but I hope he gets destroyed.

hahahaha. Disgraceful. hahaha

dansapien
03-27-2008, 09:06 PM

ricky hatton and his dad got caught out ripping people off for tickets on the sly, i PRAY he gets destroyed.

Onslow.
03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
**** this.

You guys have all turned on him.

Go suck of David Haye until he loses! All of ya's follow the flavour of the ****ing months. **** charity work.

Hatton fights hard and is real good to watch, everything else is a bonus. So what if Lazcano isn't creme de la creme - he needs a fight to ease his way back in. Wouldn't you suggest this to Rick Hatton if you were his trainer/agent/friend!?

dansapien
03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
**** this.

Go suck of David Haye until he loses! All of ya's follow the flavour of the ****ing months. **** charity work.

Hatton fights hard and is real good to watch, everything else is a bonus. So what if Lazcano isn't creme de la creme - he needs a fight to ease his way back in. Wouldn't you suggest this to Rick Hatton if you were his trainer/agent/friend!?

if hatton truly believed what he said about no shame losing at welterweight (because he's a jr) then he wouldn't need to mess about with crap competition, I haven't turned against him, but i think for a man who gets a lot of criticism for his choice of opposition in the past he isn't doing himself any favours.

he needs to fight witter, just to shut people up. i think ricky could beat witter when he's on top form, he should stop messing about, thats my only criticism.

Onslow.
03-27-2008, 09:25 PM
if hatton truly believed what he said about no shame losing at welterweight (because he's a jr) then he wouldn't need to mess about with crap competition, I haven't turned against him, but i think for a man who gets a lot of criticism for his choice of opposition in the past he isn't doing himself any favours.

he needs to fight witter, just to shut people up. i think ricky could beat witter when he's on top form, he should stop messing about, thats my only criticism.

It's fairly common knowledge that Rick is **** at the higher weight. He's a little guy anyway. And lets be honest - boxing is a mental game - these are the things Rick has to say to himself in order to get him focussed. Hopefully he knows - he was ****ed by Cortez and he was at the wrong weight but ultimately... Floyd is just to ****ing brilliant. Regardless of these factors.

As for facing Witter - I'd love to see it - cos I hate that tosser. I can't give the reason why Hatton hasn't or won't fight him - other than what he says - he doesn't like the guy and feels like he would be wasting time with domestic competition. You could say - perhaps he's scared - but how can a man be scared of Witter -when you just came out of a bout with PBF!

As for condemning him for his choice of opponents - like i said in the other paragraph - he's just came out of a bout with PBF! How can you criticise the man who just got carried out of the ring from a bout with Mr.P4P. He doesn't have to prove that he ducks and dodges the best.

Anyway - you not agree that he needs a fight to get back into the right frame of mind??! I reckon it's pretty bog standard practice .... a fighter loses... then fights a bum just to get back on the horse.

SryNoAutographs
03-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Clegg biting on my signature....

dansapien
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
It's fairly common knowledge that Rick is **** at the higher weight. He's a little guy anyway. And lets be honest - boxing is a mental game - these are the things Rick has to say to himself in order to get him focussed. Hopefully he knows - he was ****ed by Cortez and he was at the wrong weight but ultimately... Floyd is just to ****ing brilliant. Regardless of these factors.

As for facing Witter - I'd love to see it - cos I hate that tosser. I can't give the reason why Hatton hasn't or won't fight him - other than what he says - he doesn't like the guy and feels like he would be wasting time with domestic competition. You could say - perhaps he's scared - but how can a man be scared of Witter -when you just came out of a bout with PBF!

As for condemning him for his choice of opponents - like i said in the other paragraph - he's just came out of a bout with PBF! How can you criticise the man who just got carried out of the ring from a bout with Mr.P4P. He doesn't have to prove that he ducks and dodges the best.

Anyway - you not agree that he needs a fight to get back into the right frame of mind??! I reckon it's pretty bog standard practice .... a fighter loses... then fights a bum just to get back on the horse.

i see what your saying, but after the PBF fight, ricky blamed it on going back up to welter, he said there was no shame in losing to the p4p 1 (which there isn't).

BUT

i think there has always been a lot of doubt with regards to ricky competing at TRUE world level (the castillo he fought was not the castillo of old, FACT), i think for a fighter with not too long left he shouldn't be ****ing about fighting clowns, more than anything i want Ricky to prove who he claims to be, and not waste his time with bums.

His reasons for not fighting witter are crap, he said he hated mayweather before there fight. He's clearly worried about facing witter, to be fair he does brick it when witter has confronted him face to face, and in terms of recognition, witter does hold one of the belts ricky needs to have in terms of his 'legacy'.

Cortez did affect the fight, but I do believe Ricky could never beat PBF, as much as I'd like him to, and the rematch will be an embarrassment.

Onslow.
03-27-2008, 10:53 PM
i see what your saying, but after the PBF fight, ricky blamed it on going back up to welter, he said there was no shame in losing to the p4p 1 (which there isn't).

BUT

i think there has always been a lot of doubt with regards to ricky competing at TRUE world level (the castillo he fought was not the castillo of old, FACT), i think for a fighter with not too long left he shouldn't be ****ing about fighting clowns, more than anything i want Ricky to prove who he claims to be, and not waste his time with bums.

His reasons for not fighting witter are crap, he said he hated mayweather before there fight. He's clearly worried about facing witter, to be fair he does brick it when witter has confronted him face to face, and in terms of recognition, witter does hold one of the belts ricky needs to have in terms of his 'legacy'.

Cortez did affect the fight, but I do believe Ricky could never beat PBF, as much as I'd like him to, and the rematch will be an embarrassment.

I can't say I disagree with any of your points - although, in honesty i would love to see Rick have a second crack of the whip against PBF - Just to see, what if.

Witter and Rick really should get it on, and although I don't think Rick fears the presence of the man - i agree he does kind of brick it when they've been together (are we thinking of the same ringside interview perhaps?) I think this is so, probably because Ricky, in his heart knows that Witter deserves a shot at him.

My personal perspective on Hatton is that his career was meant to peak at Tszyu. Like so many fighters, that was his big fight and shot and in the Kostya camp - Hatton was treated as a name and not as a big opponent. As he won - in my heart - everything has been a bonus since. His victory over an old Castillo can't be overlooked - JLC was old! But still - to destroy him like he did so easily? Castillo isn't THAT useless. Hatton deserves credit for that victory.

I agree also Hatton has few fights left in him - his blowing up between fights physically affects him, however, more so - i think it shows his overwhelming desires to retire and lead a "normal life".

All i'm saying is - Hatton like any other pro, needs a confidence building victory. Lazcano will fall and Hatton WILL win convincingly. Rick Hatton is the kind of fighter that is gunna build up a lot of hate from that loss. I think he's gonna explode all over his next opponent. As for the rest... well i'm not sure.

I hope his career pans out.. like..

Lazcano
Mallignaggi
Witter
PBF rematch.

The first two fighters on this list are almost set in stone - as for Witter.. surely...if he beats Paulie- he HAS to go for Junior.

Hagler★
03-28-2008, 07:09 AM
yo dansapien i meant the limey lounge lol

ATFsven
03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
i think hatton wont ever fight witter. i think 3rd fight with floyd OR dela hoya.
maybe even both if he wins the first one.
i think hatton should fight witter, but i have no desire to see it.
the hatton that lost to mayweather would (in my opinion) crush witter in the first 5 rounds. and i think alot of american fans have not seen alot of witter and overestimate how good he his. he has overated skills and power and if he didnt have the WBC belt americans wouldnt give a ****.

jberg
03-29-2008, 09:02 PM
tbh anyone who is hating on hatton for easing his way back in is a dick.
not only does he need to keep his record clean with wins for a bit, but he has suffered psychologically after the mayweather fight, he needs a win for reassurance. if i was hatton id do the same thing

britboxer1994
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
hatton will beat mayweather piss if u watch the fight hatton was fightin a fair fight and mayweather kept duckin and joe cortez blamed hatton did

anybody see the jab in one of the starting rounds of the fight mayweather was dazed and when hatton went for the kill the ref broke it up because mayweather dropped his head to low but cortez told of hatton not mayweather that would have been the end of the fight right there and hatton is to aggresive for mayweather.

hatton will beat mayweather very easily with a diferent ref i predict a 6 round knockout.

.Mik.
03-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I haven't turned against him, but i think for a man who gets a lot of criticism for his choice of opposition in the past he isn't doing himself any favours.

I dont really think that there should be a question about Hatton's choice of competition. He's faced champions for most of his career and have fought people ranked P4P number 3 and P4P number 1, as well as a former high P4P fighter. Talking about fighting Paulie will be another P4P fighter.

Clegg
03-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Paulie isn't a p4p fighter. Unless you mean top 100 or something.

big paulie
03-30-2008, 11:52 AM
**** this.

Ive never liked watching him fight and hes only good to watch if your into wrestling, you cant seriously bring Haye into this, undisputed champ after 20 fights, leave it out

Bizzle_LDN
04-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Yeah, apparently it'll be on at a time geared towards UK viewers.

I'd imagine that most UK fans would rather stay up late than pay 15 and watch it at an earlier time.

When fights are aired for American prime time in the UK at 3AM you still have to pay for it! Aren't you from England?

Clegg
04-16-2008, 08:50 AM
When fights are aired for American prime time in the UK at 3AM you still have to pay for it! Aren't you from England?

You mean like Haye vs Mac? Or Calzaghe vs Lacy? Those fights weren't on box office, but took place at a time to suit an American audience.