View Full Version : Running + Throwing up afterwards.

sctroderick
03-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I usually jog/sprint/ice cream(run up and down a step hill as many as i can) for about 1 hour every morning...sometimes when im done with the final sprint i can't help myself but puke! Just wondering if this is okay? or will it pass if i keep it up!? Took two weeks off and started again this morning....Yummy throw uP!

Any tips? Thanks guys!!!1!

dfwtx
03-25-2008, 11:44 PM
what are you eating before this

sctroderick
03-25-2008, 11:45 PM
2-3 Apples....and a banana if i dont forget to buy em.

ERI104
03-26-2008, 12:20 AM
i normanlly run on an empty stomach.

AndersonSilva
03-26-2008, 12:34 AM
you are running to fast. you cant handle it. keep a solid pace

03-26-2008, 02:43 AM
i normanlly run on an empty stomach.

When I was in Basic Training we ran every morning before breakfast chow and I never saw anybody throw up, I would agree with you.

2swell k-wells
03-26-2008, 06:20 AM
I usually jog/sprint/ice cream(run up and down a step hill as many as i can) for about 1 hour every morning...sometimes when im done with the final sprint i can't help myself but puke! Just wondering if this is okay? or will it pass if i keep it up!? Took two weeks off and started again this morning....Yummy throw uP!

Any tips? Thanks guys!!!1!

jogging, sprinting and ice cream dont mix kid.

adam r
03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
dont do as much work..

or at least dont do as much sprinting

Tuggers1986
03-26-2008, 10:48 AM
So what if you're throwing up. Keep doing it. I've done it loads of times. It just means you're pushing yourself to the limit.

Unanimous
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
So what if you're throwing up. Keep doing it. I've done it loads of times. It just means you're pushing yourself to the limit.

What?!? Pushing yourself to the limit doesn't always mean emptying your guts. Plus, I don't think puking all the time after training is going to do you any good.

Onslow.
03-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Don't eat before you run.

Simple.

But if you keep puking make sure you brush your teeth thoroughly. Stomach acid will damage your teeth BADLY. Especially the ones at the back.

Unanimous
03-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Not to mention your insides!

sctroderick
03-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Empty stomach or not, it still comes up when it does...Its not every time...it is when i just push myself for a last sprint....

An old trainer of mine said once my body is again used to the workout it will respond better...

And whoever said the three don't mix??? Try it sometime, it is a son of a *****!

2swell k-wells
03-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Don't eat before you run.

Simple.

But if you keep puking make sure you brush your teeth thoroughly. Stomach acid will damage your teeth BADLY. Especially the ones at the back.

Dont blame puke for you missing teeth mick.

moin126
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM

your not built for this.

P4PKING_2008
03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Empty stomach or not, it still comes up when it does...Its not every time...it is when i just push myself for a last sprint....

An old trainer of mine said once my body is again used to the workout it will respond better...

And whoever said the three don't mix??? Try it sometime, it is a son of a *****!

Running with an empty stomach is bad for you anayway as it will make ya feel light headed if you push yaself that hard but running until ya sick is never good for ya.

jberg
03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
ok puking is the body's way of rejecting whatever conditions have upset it. the solution to this is to change the conditions, ie the amount/how hard you work yourself. you should eat beforehand, but not too much, just beforehand.

sctroderick
03-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the help thus far guys...it will help alot.

One last thought tho....When i jog normally i can do it for hours....so by sprinting and adding more to it, makes me sweat and adds the workout part to it....ive been working out for a while now and just started running, so fitigue is not a problem.....well, obviously it is, but it don't seem like it.

SO in conclusion what i should do is dim it down? and just pace myself so that i dont sweat? that i dont push myself to that limit? If i can do it why not do it? Is this going to help me or make things worse!?

Thanks again.

jberg
03-26-2008, 11:55 PM
id advise spending longer jogging if you can.
if not, dont go all out; just do fartlek training
in case you are unfamilar with fartlek (swedish for 'speed') it is dynamic training where you run slow, medium, fast, etc. not necessarily in an order; but most people use a cycle.
eg.
10 mins jog
4 mins fast jog
1 min spring
repeat
or
5 mins light jog
5 mins fast jog
1 min walk
1 min sprint
etc

sctroderick
03-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks J, ill try it tomorrow morning.....speaking of which...i should sleep.

meanmoe
03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks J, ill try it tomorrow morning.....speaking of which...i should sleep.

Its the red mud in PEI, it's the reason the only thing good from that island is Anne of Green Gables.

sctroderick
03-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Its the red mud in PEI, it's the reason the only thing good from that island is Anne of Green Gables.

Haha, honostly never liked that ***** in the first place. PEI has nothing but a Couple macdonalds and a KFC....Come fight on our island!